Smyrna, GA

Norton Park Elementary School 5

Posted February 09, 2015
Norton Park is a wonderful school. The leadership and staff at this school is just incredible and I can't say enough good things about the teachers I have encountered. Everyone is so friendly and they genuinely care about each and every student. I have been in other schools with higher ratings and higher test scores and felt very much like a face in the crowd but at Norton Park everyone really tries their best to make parents and family members feel welcome and to get them involved. The transient nature of the student body and the impact this has on test scores caused me to hesitate when first enrolling my son but we decided to give it a try. 2 years later I'm very happy with our decision and wouldn't change schools for a 10 out of 10 rating if we were paid to, we love the school that much. And there is something to be said about getting back from a school what you put in. Our family is very involved at the school so I know my son is in great hands every day. From the Principal to the custodial staff, everyone is very pleasant and will do anything for these kids!
2 people found this helpful

Norton Park Elementary School 4

Posted November 01, 2013
I love this school. Mist of the teachers are excellent. Principal and Vice principal are awesome. Academics wonderful.

Norton Park Elementary School 4

Posted February 25, 2013
I have a child attending this school. The Principal, Vice Principal and teachers we have had the pleasure of working with have all been excellent. Our real concern is with the transient nature of the student body and lack of english as a primary language. Are native english speakers going to be left behind while there is a heavy focus on basic english to prepare these students for their education. What happens to the kids who don't need this language support, are they left behind?

Norton Park Elementary School 5

Posted March 02, 2010
My children attend Norton Park and i think it is an excellent school. The Leadership is outstanding. The administrators are accessable and the entire staff genuinely care about the students. There are many accommodations available for students who need it.

Norton Park Elementary School 1

Posted January 01, 2009
They should have more classes for the children who don't speak english so that the children who do can spend more time learning about the things that they need to know to excel at middle school.

Posted January 01, 2009
my daughter have attending the school since kindergarden and i found the school to be an excellence school in the needs of the kids.

Posted December 16, 2007
I think this school is terrific. The principal and vice principal are great and the teachers are committed. There are terrific programs for students who are a bit behind.

Norton Park Elementary School 2

Posted July 26, 2004
Great principal, he is very accessable to parents however I was not pleased with the instruction and feedback from the teachers for parental involvement. This school is on the needs improvement list for no child left behind.

Norton Park Elementary School 3

Posted October 24, 2003
Principal seems friendly and doesn't hide in his office. Some teachers are great, others so so.

3041 Gray Rd SE, Smyrna, GA  30082
Last modified Norton Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Norton Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top