Stephenson Middle School 5

Posted July 09, 2013
Im going to stephenson middle school and I would like to know when does school start!?

Posted March 16, 2012
I am a parent of an 8th grader at this school. I have to say that the problem starts with the head. The principal needs to be replaced with a more qualified leader. She seems to be disconnected with the problems with her teachers, which directly affects the students and puts their education in jeopardy. I am applauled at my son's grades declining since coming to this school 3 years ago. He, like many of his friends hates this school and feels like the teachers are not qualified instructors. Many people say pay the teachers more and you will get better results. I beg to differ. Teachers from my error taught for the love of it; not for the money. They simply loved teaching. When you have a passion for something, you do it well even if the money is not six figures. "Where did all the great teachers?" Most of them have retired....Stephenson Middle school needs to treat 90% of their teachers as if they were involved in the CRCT scandal in APS and "FIRE" them. Get rid of the "sugar free" teachers and get the "Real" sugar back into our classrooms...Our children's education is in serious trouble~ A concerned parent of two children in this school system....Parkview school, here we come!

Posted March 07, 2012
I strongly dislike this school. I do agree that the teachers are horrible. I'm currently on team 7D and i absolutely hate it! The math teacher is constantly giving us homework assignments that we have no idea how to complete them. Just the other day, the "administrators" made us get in a line, the whole seventh grade and made us all late to connections. That same day both health classes were late for sixth period. i was very upset that i was missing science. On top of that the students there are ignorant. this school deserves -5 STARS!!!!!!!!! I attended Wynbrooke and this school is at least 10 steps down.

Stephenson Middle School 3

Posted August 08, 2011
I totaly agree with your response with Team 7D The langauge art teacher she is very rude and disrespectful. I often told the Assisant principle about 7th grade teacher he would never do anything concerning this teacher attitude My Son is in 8th grade now.. I pray he have a great year and dont have no more tearcher like her..

Stephenson Middle School 2

Posted May 30, 2011
I am not too impressed with the academic standards of this school. They mean well, but the CRCT scores do not lie. Get it together people! Your science and math scores are embarassing. Please find qualified instructors to teach these courses. There is going to be a rude awakening when these kids go to college. I pulled my daughter and son out of this school and placed them in a charter school. As parent and employer, I need my children and students to be competitive with the global economy. Yes, you can go ahead and blame it on budget cuts, but even then, the leaders of our schools should make a constant effort to hire not only qualifed but talented instructors as well and get rid of the idiot teachers who are just there to collect a paycheck. Do you know what happens to employees in my business who are just there to collect and not contribute to the success and prosperity f it? They get fired! Jut like any other place of employment.

Posted February 09, 2011
tHE TEACHER AT STEPHENSON MIDDLE SCHOOL ARE TERRIBLE ESPECIALLY THE LANGUAGE ARTS TEACHER ON TEAM 7D SHE IS ABSOLUTLY TERRIBLE DISRESPECTFUL INDIGNANT AND NOT TO METION IGNORANT SHE SHOULD BE REMOVED IMEDIATLY FROM HER POSITION AFTER THREATENING MY CHILD AND PUTTING HIS EDUCATION IN JEPORDY GIVING HIM F ON ALL ASSIGNMENT BECAUSE SHE DID NOT WANT TO READ IT TERIBLE TEACHER ALONG WITH THE SCIENCE ANDD MATH TEACHER ABSOLUTLY IMPATIONT AND INDIGNANT I ALSO SO FIND THE SCIENCE TEACHER TO BE VERY IMMATURE AND DISRESPETFULL CURSED ME AND MY SOM OUT I EXTREMELY DISLIKE THIS SCHOOL I ADVISE NO ONE TO GO TO IT.

Stephenson Middle School 4

Posted November 02, 2010
I was a little skeptical towards my son attending Stephenson Middle. Coming from Wynbrooke Elementary, a school that I absolutely love and adore with high test scores, high parent involvement, etc. I was afraid that this school will lack the qualities and discipline he received from Wynbrooke. Well I am thoroughly impressed! The teachers do care and they are strict with assignments and each teacher knows my son's week and strong points and he still has straight A's. I love Stephenson Middle and they have all of my support. There could be better Parent involvement, but that's on the parents, not the teachers! For the kids acting up, getting into fights or whatnot, ;you have that at every school, and that's an issue with the child and parent. Team Stephenson all the way, and he will be attending Stephenson Highschool.

Stephenson Middle School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
I love Stephenson Middle because of the dedicated teachers.

Posted February 11, 2010

Stephenson Middle School 2

Posted October 14, 2008
I can only speak from my personal experiences as a parent. This school is absolutely horrible. I gave the school two stars just because the school looks nice, the class rooms are large, and a select few of SMS staff seem to want to help kids. I witnessed on multiple occasions teachers yelling and belittling their students. I was waiting to see if they were going to spank them. One of the teachers even admitted she had anger management issues. The Principal can be hard to get a hold of, but the ghetto vice principal is always around. There are fights practically everyday either at school or at the bus stops. Allot of the teachers are very young and inexperienced. And they take up for each other like their in some sort of teacher fraternity. I pulled my son out of this school and put him on home studies.

Stephenson Middle School
922 Stephenson Rd, Stone Mountain, GA  30087
Last modified Stephenson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stephenson Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top