Jerger Elementary School 2

Posted May 07, 2012
I was not happy at Jerger. I was told how great it was, but things have changed over there. The teachers are frustrated with constant discipline issues that never get addressed by administration and it makes it hard to teach class. If you put your child there make sure you visit one day and stay for a while. The teachers were very good, but there was an overall lack of discipline for the students. I took my child out because he was exposed to disrespectful students who were not held accountable for their actions. All Thomasville City schools have Strings, Band, Spanish, Art, and computer. Those things are not synonymous to Jerger. There are a lot of non-city families who kids attend Jerger because the think it is a "private school." These parents pay nothing for their child to attend Jerger, then they want to run the school, and then they go back to the county when their child reaches middle school age. There is no unity at Jerger because of the mix of students. The other city schools use the colors red and gold, but Jerger doesn't because the county parents would throw a fit if Jerger used red and gold. Please go and visit. Things aren't always what they seem to be.

Jerger Elementary School 1

Posted January 27, 2010

Jerger Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
All three of my children attended Jerger. We we left Thomasviile and when to another stste, my children were on par with other children ion a high performing district.

Posted August 17, 2008
I have a 4th grader at Jerger, and it is an excellent school. Teacher morale is very high, which sets a positive tone for the students. The band program begins with recorders in the thid grade. Jerger also offer strings (violin, etc.) Spanish, and an excellent gifted program. Recent renovations have greatly enhanced the look of the school, and new 4th and 5th grade building will be completed by the first of the year.

Posted August 06, 2007
I have two children at Jerger School and it is a wonderful school. The teachers are very caring and loving toward the students. I would high recommend this school to anyone.

Posted August 25, 2006
We have had a fabulous experience at Jerger Elementary School. My oldest child is in the first grade. This is our second time in this grade level. My son has some special learning needs. A caring and educated group of providers helped my husband and I decide to have some testing done and then to hold him back. I have never seen such a proactive group of teachers reach out to one child. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this school in general. The lines of communication are always open, learning needs are catered to specific children, and specialists from all areas of learning including speech, media, psychology and classroom teachers all become involved when your child has a need. I work in the medical field and wish I could make referrals for my patients to schools like Jerger every day!

Posted June 26, 2005
I am a subsitute teacher in the thomasville city school system at all of the elementary schools. Jerger was one of the last school that i had subsituted at. I had gone to other and said that i would never sub for another elementary school again until i got called to Jerger. i was really surprised to see how well mannered the kids were and the different schedules there were on from other schools. as a parent myself, i would highly recommend that you put your child in Jerger elementary. The teachers and everyone there were extremely nice and really were into teaching the kids. so look no further, you have found the right school!! If you have any further questions feel free to email me at anything at bigbre02@yahoo.com THANKS

Posted May 21, 2004
this is a great school! classes are small and the atmosphere is great. I highly recommend Jerger.

Posted March 08, 2004

Jerger Elementary School
1006 S Broad St, Thomasville, GA  31792
Last modified Jerger Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jerger Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top