Posted December 10, 2013
We visited this DHS for the first time in the fall of 2013 and we are very impressed. The faculty and staff really seem to care so much about their kids, they are like a family. Our child will be transferring from a larger school in Florida and we hope she will have a more positive experience here. I feel that the negative reviews posted by former students are not constructive and the points they bring up are actually positive points for Dade. They sound like kids who would fit in at an inner city school rather than this small community. We'll make our own judgment but, for now we have a good impression.

Dade County High School 1

Posted September 16, 2013
I use to attend DCHS. It is, by far, the worst school ive ever had the displeasure of attending. Religion is a big problem in this school! I've attended schools in multiple countries, and have never seen religious influence like this. What else could be expected from the bible belt, i suppose. I was moved to alternative school after my 5 excused and 5 un-excused absences were used. I admit that i skipped class 5 times that year, but is alternative school really a suitable punishment for these actions? Shortly after this happened, I received news that I was being kicked out due to residency issues. (after attending this school for over a year with no address change) They left me with limited options and no help. I eventually found a group known as the Optimists, who helped with financial costs of the GED test. After scoring well above average on the test, the group asked me to come in and speak. Of course my gratitude outweighed my stage fright. Upon Entering this meeting, I saw the man who signed the paperwork that led to my disenrollment. I was pleased to remind him of my identity. Although being strongly infuenced to start college at the age of 16 has only helped me, I regret it.

Posted August 04, 2013
Our teen is starting this school this fall. I will update when I have more to report, but when we visited last spring, I was really impressed with the friendliness of the students and staff.

Posted December 07, 2010
From 2006 to 2009, this school was a mess. Between the schedule changing, disciplinary, and teaching problems, nothing was going very well for the administration or the students. On top of that, the athletics and fine arts departments were at lows. However, after years of change throughout the system, they finally have something going. Adding knowledgable new teachers, making much needed administrative changes, new technology to bring it out of the stone ages, more AP and college courses, and an economically efficient scheduling system helped tremendously. The sports programs have done very well under a new athletic director: basketball, football, wrestling, softball, and cross country have all recieved state recognition over the past year. Notably, the band program has grown and developed into one of the best in the region. Overall, now the school is great and needed a fresh change. However, the numerous budget cuts are threatening many jobs and classes.

Dade County High School 1

Posted November 04, 2010
For those of you that want to know, Dade County High School does not value a student's work ethic. Although it does boast some exceptionally good teachers, most of them are inept and have no business teaching. They enjoy playing mind games and love to experiment on their students with all sorts of "phsycology." The school is also dominated by the new Georgia standards; if you have never heard of the Mathematics Task, run away. Far away. As a general rule, the teachers and the adminstration are not inclined in the least to try to help you. I have one that has dilberately failed me on a test - the same test that, once graded, I took to Sylvan. Sylvan pointed out about seven questions I answered correctly. I researched these questions; I presented the information to my teacher; and she refused to change my grade in the least.

Posted February 24, 2010
I am a student that currently goes to this school. If you are looking for a traditional school with traditional teachers, don't expect to find it here. There are lots of politics involved with all of the descisions that the school board makes. Currently, they're overhauling the whole school so that it can get a hefty grant. That means cutting electives. I feel that the school board here is more interested in lining its pockets than keeping the best interests of the students in mind.

Posted November 06, 2008
The school is ok if you know people and get along with the teachers that is how i got through school but another than that the teachers are awesome if you dont get on their bad side

Posted October 03, 2008
Dade County High School...It really all depends on what 'group' your in to achieve what you want in activities such as: cheerleading, football, basketball, baseball, so on and so on. Also the Sheriff's are always giving some of the teenagers a hard time more than the teachers. Drive a nice car?...beware, you will be pulled over. The town is so small and so is the population of Dade County. All though I have been a student of this school and I have met some of the most caring people and that have made a difference in my life, but watch out some will get the best of you also. I wouldnt recommend the school but it is a quiet and peaceful town with the most beautiful mountains you'll ever see. I call it God's Country.

Posted September 24, 2008

Posted December 13, 2007
I am a former student of dchs. Well it has its ups and downs. It is a small community so things do seem to get around easy like you never have privacy with out any one knowing. So you need to keep it to your self. And as far as the school,i really liked it. If your not willing to learn yourself then of coarse they are not going to deal with you. But you just have to choose your friends wisely.Class of 2010

Dade County High School
300 Tradition Ln, Trenton, GA  30752
Last modified Dade County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dade County High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top