Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Sandy Creek is a horrible school, they focuse on sports and not academics, all they care about is winning games, your child will struggle Academically, some of the counselors are very lazy and like to hide in their office, most of the teachers dosent care if you child succeed or not, its a pay check to them. Their are a hand full of good teachers at Sandy Creek.

Sandy Creek is a good school. Lots of students think it is "lame" or "boring" simply because there are no fights. The school administration is new and needs some work but the school is not bad. I would rather go to Sandy Creek where there is diversity than any other school in Fayette County. Sandy Creek's problems are like every other High school problems.

Sandy Creek is terrible. If you want to send your student to a "Great School", don't send them here. The administration is trash and the teachers are even worse. Most of them have severe attitudes you would expect from a teenager. The teachers don't care about the students in any way. The few teachers that do care typically teach AP classes or are leaving within the next year. If you're the type of person who is concerned with academics, I would suggest ANY OTHER SCHOOL in Fayette County. This place used to be great, but that is long gone. Everyday I wake up, I dread going to this horrid place (the feelings of 95% of the students). If you are a parent considering sending your child/children here...DONT DO IT! Instead of Sandy Creek, it should be called Sandy Trash. I couldn't think of a worse place to spend 4 years. I probably could've gotten a better education at a poor, underdeveloped inner-city school. My experience here has truly been terrible and I wish I could re-do my high school experience somewhere actually worth attending.

My child goes to Sandy Creek, and the teachers at this school do not support the student's academic success. They are so focused on the EOCT testing, but they don't give your child the proper tools or attention to give them a more in depth education. These teachers lie about their availability to assist your children and support them as it relates to succeeding within their classrooms. They are focused more on keeping this non-existent image of what the school used to be in comparison to the true reality of how the school is failing our kids. Our kids are failing severely at this school, and the new principal runs that school like a military boot camp, and because of these new rules he's establishing, it has both teachers and students feeling stressed out and uncomfortable to teach and learn. The teachers and administration need an overhaul. We miss Principal Dr. Evans because he was an awesome principal who really cared about the kids. However, because he helped struggling kids, they ran him out of there, but that's typical in Fayette County. God help us with this school and the new leadership. This school is extremely overrated, and parents please don't buy in that this is a top performing school in Fayette County. Yes, I would evaluate it as a safe school, but it's not a top performing school by no means to help your child grow academically.Close Quote

Great school, great teachers and good performing students. The parents are very proactive with the school, their children, sports, and the over all community. Excellent principal...keep up the good work! Parent in Tyrone, Georgia Fayette County

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have been a student at this school for 3 years now. I can honestly say that I have never met better teachers. The teachers here care about students' performances and really push us to be the best we can possibly be. I look forward to going to school everyday.

The teachers are wonderful and really get us(the students) involved. The teachers I've had care about how we are going to perform in the real world, so they take it upon themselves to sometimes teach outside of the curriculum because they know that the stuff we are "required" to learn won't help us 10 years down the road.

Compared to other schools in the county, I know for a fact Sandy Creek is the hidden Jewel of Fayette. I moved my child out of McIntosh to integrate them into a more diverse environment. I value my child's education, but I also need to focus on her cultural aspect. McIntosh 3+ years ago had very little diversity, which not only formulates an unhealthy society, but it also corrupts the mind's of our little ones. The real world is where they will be, we must not coddle the children. I expect high grades from my child at Sandy Creek because most teachers are experienced in what they teach. It's a free learning zone; that offers A.P. and accelerated classes. I would not have transferred my daughter if I knew it were to be a mistake. She has never been happier and on track.

We need help!! it is sad this school is going down the hill! we need better teachers. We have just a couple of great teacher unfortunately those are not my kid's teachers. Please somebody have to do something!! EDUCATION IS THE FUTURE OF THIS COUNTRY but with these teachers , I'm really worry about the future!

Sandy Creek is a football school. We've won a ton of state championships in football and we've only lost one game in three years. Students transfer here to play football and get an athletic scholarship. Students should NOT come here for academics. The majority of teachers are lazy and do not care about the students' academic needs or academic successes. If your child is lucky enough to have a good teacher, they will excel in the subject. Sadly, the majority of students here do not have teachers who put academics first. Plus, our school is ghetto and ratchet! Unless you are looking for an athletic scholarship in football, basketball, or volleyball, do not come to Sandy Creek High School.

Last modified Sandy Creek High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.