Sandy Creek High School 1

Posted November 07, 2013
This school is the worst school in Fayette county. Sure it might of been one of the best but the times have changed and this school is basically going downhill in academics and faculty. First of all the people working in the front office are the worst. They are pretty much lazy and do not care about a students needs. They have attitudes with students who want to obtain anything from the office and try to get you out of there as quick as they can. The teachers are not that great either. Many of them are inexperienced and some do not care about their job. Yes there are a handful of some great teachers at this school, but the majority of them have no clue what they are doing. Half of the student body creates trouble and provide an uncivilized atmosphere for students to learn in. Not to mention it has now become an overcrowded school with class sizes in the high 30s. Not the best school to consider placing your child here. Sandy Creek was in fact a great school in the past, but I am shocked at what this school has become within the last few years. It wont be long until this school loses their accreditation.

Sandy Creek High School 2

Posted October 08, 2013
Reading the comments from 4+ years ago has been interesting. My view of the school is completely opposite. My daughter is a junior and doesn't like going to the school each day. If I had other options, I would certainly move her out of the district. There is a level of apathy that exists among the staff and students. There is an alarming acceptance of poor behavior. Moreover, there is a disparity between the students taking AP courses and those taking the general courses. In 3 years, my daughter has only had a few teachers who truly care about her academic success. If your child is in AP or accelerated classes, you will probably have a positive experience. If not, be prepared for a less than mediocre learning experience. It's really sad because I do believe the school could be better.

Posted December 07, 2009
Outstanding! My one daughter graduated with honors in 2009. I have another one graduating with honors I suspect in 2010...in spite of the fact she has Aspergers. The teachers really do care and they are receptive to meeting with parents that care. They prepare our children for life after school. Attending college is not an option for Sandy Creek students. It is automatic. My daugther received all kinds of scholarship offers. She is in the performing arts but she could be a physician, mathematician or scientist if she chose. My other daughter plans to become a physician. Both were in AP and honors course work throughout their stay at SC...We also have outstanding athletes...who are just as bright...BTW I am going to the dome to support our Patriots as we seek victory this coming Friday!

Posted October 20, 2009
Hands down the absolute best overall high school in Fayette County. When looking at the total picture -- teachers, administrators, coaches, extra-curriculars, test scores, student performance, learning environment, diversity, facilities, kids' attitudes and parent involvement -- this is the best high school in a county filled with outstanding schools. All five Fayette High Schools are excellent public schools, but Sandy Creek is the best one.

Sandy Creek High School 0

Posted September 15, 2009
The students of this school that I see and meet within our local community are always polite, bright, and respectful. These are important qualities and characteristics. In addition, I notice a high level of camaraderie and healthy competition among them. I like seeing them having fun and laughing; it always makes me feel happy whenever I see these students.

Sandy Creek High School 4

Posted May 27, 2009
I have two children attending Sandy Creek, one is a rising sophmore and the other will be a senior (YAY!!). The school has more than met their academic needs and I am very impressed with the principals and teachers. I have a golfer and a tennis player and it is sad that those sports are given next to zero attention by any of the staff, however my children still enjoy participating. We came from Pennsylvania school systems and although there is no comparison whatsoever as far as academics and overall quality of the schools (PA being far superior and yes, I am a Southerner born and bred) Sandy Creek has met my children's needs thus far so I encourage all parents to consider it if relocating to the area. It is a very diverse school and my children have thrived with that diversity.

Sandy Creek High School 1

Posted December 26, 2008
This school, in the past, has been very good, producing many successful students and attracting the best public school teachers out there. However, over the past few years, the SCHS has slowly digressed into nothing more than a substandard occupation of time. Students are not connected in the classroom, spending most of their time on cell phones, while those great teachers, one by one, leave for other schools with higher percentages of caucasian students. For these reasons, my youngest brother, an 8th grade student, is not going to attend Sandy Creek, for the future looks dull and inevitably worse than the current situation.

Posted October 17, 2008
My experience with this school has been excellent. The administrators have been fantastic. My oldest son is graduating this year, and I'm looking forward to sending my 13 year old there after he finishes up at Flat Rock Middle School.

Posted August 05, 2007
All Fayette County schools are great, but we are proud to be at Sandy Creek HS. Our experience has, for the most part, been very positive. We have three children--one a graduate of SCHS and two more currently attending. Academics in my opinion are excellent. As far as parent involvement, that is a little lacking, but we do not consider it the school's fault. Parents have to want to participate in the activities or in volunteering. SCHS offers some great academic electives---some taught by Marlene Holland---and has a great staff. Whenever there has been an issue, which was usually minor, it has always been handled professionally with attention to the student's issues/needs. We love SCHS!

Posted July 21, 2007

Sandy Creek High School
360 Jenkins Rd, Tyrone, GA  30290
Last modified Sandy Creek High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sandy Creek High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.