Lowndes High School 5

Posted September 27, 2013
Lowndes High School is a leader in secondary education in South Georgia and North Florida. The AP program and duel enrollment opportunities provides college bound students with a springboard into higher education. Students who graduate from LHS are ready for college curriculum. Teachers are loving and caring but firm and demanding. The administration has a history of success in helping student to succeed. Superintendent Wes Taylor is as good as they come. Not a bad sports and extracurricular program too!!

Lowndes High School 3

Posted March 14, 2010

Lowndes High School 1

Posted February 04, 2010

Lowndes High School 4

Posted November 16, 2009
The freedom at this school is great, the band is so much fun!!! the teachers are snobby at times but overrall its easy 2 make friends here:)

Lowndes High School 1

Posted November 14, 2009
I really liked this school, I can't lie. I have attended 4 high schools, and been through 10 school systems in my life and this was one of the better ones. I found it to be less cliquey than one would assume. With a school that large, it was hard to draw any lines. I had 2 of the best teachers I've ever had while I was there, and was exposed to a lot of opportunities while I attended. The student body is quite diverse, and I wasn't made to feel bad about my orientation (I'm gay). There are a lot of Military Children that attend there; so people are pretty open to new students, and willing to maintain relationships once you leave.

Lowndes High School 5

Posted November 01, 2009

Posted April 30, 2009
This school while good in many ways has a way of oppressing the freedom of the kids. They seem to be more focused on the ID's and timley manner than giving the information needed to pass the class or the EOCT. If more time was spent on our education instead of on the teachers leisure then their would be more kids graduating this year, but seemingly on several levels they fail to do this and continue to do so. As I have actually been in and a part of the school, I have all rights to say that there is a large diversity of students this year. Take for instance the increase in the ever popular Gothic clique. Though stereotyped by the so called 'teachers and administrators', they seem to welcome any outsider or anyone new to the school or town. Anyone who is different, anyone who is strange, is welcome

Posted November 25, 2008
There are always going to be problems at every high school, I mean they are full teenagers trying to prove themselves. Teenagers are also trying to show they are rebellious, it is going to cause problems. But I am a Proud Lowndes High graduate. Although there were 2800 students there the year I graduated, all of the teachers wanted each student to succeed an push you until you did. All of the faculty cared about each and every person there. It is an amazing school and they offer a great environment the get a A+ education. My children will only be attending Lowndes High!! It's the BEST school!

Lowndes High School 3

Posted October 12, 2008
Lowndes is a huge school lacking in diversity. A great range of classes but I found it lacking slightly in discipline. Its a small-ish town and outiders don't always feel welcome. Great school spirit though.

Posted October 07, 2008
I am currently attending Lowndes High and the facilities are great. The teachers are caring people that want you to succeed. Even though there are over 3,000 students attending this large school you are bound to fit in with any group and not feel alone.........

Lowndes High School
1606 Norman Dr, Valdosta, GA  31601
Last modified Lowndes High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lowndes High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top