Warner Robins, GA

Posted January 27, 2012
My daughter had Ms. Jackson as a Kindergarten teacher. My child learned to read within a week! She went above and beyond for these children. The school is awesome and everyone is so sweet

Posted December 03, 2011
Parkwood teachers care about their students. They ensure that each students' needs are met. They go the extra mile.

Parkwood Elementary School 0

Posted December 06, 2008
I attended Parkwood when six grade was still part of the school. My oldest attended Parkwood and now our youngest daughter is there, pre-k and now k. Because of the area the school is located it's considered a low-income school. However, it is a wonderful school even with behavioral problems from some of the students. Yes, it is appalling to hear some of these 'children' speak and act but it is no fault of the faculties or staff. How would you like it if you got stuck with all these children for almost 8 hours of the day? I have 2 full-time children at home and it's hard on me. Yes, accademically the school can be better but these teachers are doing the best they can. Good manners and respect starts in the home and from their own parents. But some families don't have these luxery.

Parkwood Elementary School 3

Posted May 29, 2008
I have three kids that went to this school for year 1/2 the first year was a great i had one in kengranden and on in first. Then the next year i had my son go to the pre-k program it was so awful the teacher had no control over the class i and other parents had consens about the teacher. I had two other children in pre k and never ahad this consern like this. So needlist to say took them out of the school. It was a wonderful school just the pre k was a joke.

Parkwood Elementary School 1

Posted August 07, 2007
Finally my kids are finished with Parkwood. That school is out of control and lack of respect and decency displayed by too many kids is appalling. Parkwood is good at 'sweeping issues under a rug' and catering to select groups.

Posted April 16, 2007
My daughter has attended Parkwood since Kindergarten, she starts middle school next year. I think all the teachers are excellent, the staff is friendly and helpful. There were a few snags through the years as different principals have come and gone. But I have always valued the teachers. They have always encouraged parent participation. My daughter adores this school and has excelled well academically. I really hate to see her have to leave for middle school, but I know she has been given a great foundation from Parkwood.

Parkwood Elementary School 0

Posted April 16, 2007
I disagree with the parent in regard to the administration. My daughter has attended this school her entire elementary years, and will go to middle school next year. I have always gotten a warm welcome from the office staff to the custodians to the lunchroom attendents. The teachers are excellent. We had Ms. Bard in 1st grade and I believe she is teaching 2nd. Ms Hall for 3rd and 4th was outstanding and a former teacher of the year. She treats the kids as if they are her own. This year we transitioned from Ms. Williams in 5th grade, she left during the school year because of a military spouse. Even Ms. bowmar in k5 was and still is an outstanding educator. This school's only problem ws the transitioning from principals.

Parkwood Elementary School 3

Posted July 09, 2004
I have attended this school in 1972 - 1974 and my children have attended this school with one more in 5th grade this year. There have been a lot of changes with the quality of education in Houston County. There seems to be a lot of bringing down the top to meet the bottom instead of bringing the bottom up, so the level of instruction is tainted, you have children who want to learn more but cant beacuse they have to 'wait' for the bottom to catch up. Also to whoever reads this let me assure you, you NEVER have to make an appointment to see the teacher or principal of any school, we pay their salary as taxpayers, they welcome you to come see what goes on in YOUR schools. Go see what actually goes on in school, spend the day with your kids in the schools.

Parkwood Elementary School 2

Posted January 23, 2004
I agree with the parent comment about the office/ administration. You don't always receive a warm welcome. They want it their way or no way. I do, however, think the teachers are doing a great job, but I wonder about their morale?

Posted October 06, 2003
My daughter has attended Parkwood for two years and the experience has been remarkable. The school is blessed to have at least two exceptional educators in the persons of Ms Lemon (K) and Mrs. Scott (1st Grade)! Keep up the great work!

Parkwood Elementary School
503 Parkwood Dr, Warner Robins, GA  31093
Last modified Parkwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top