Woodstock, GA
Students enrolled: 1,157

Posted July 26, 2015
My son used the special education department. Without his 8th grade language arts teacher / reading teacher- he would've been lost in HS. Mrs. O rocks!! ( difficulty reading due to light autism) . I found all of the 8th grade teachers important, professional and relevant. Some small exceptions in one elective ( computers.).

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 26, 2015
My son went through this school needing some extra help from special education. The 8th grade language arts teacher Mrs. O launched him into 9th grade. He absolutely made up 2+ years of reading level. ( difficulties due to autism.) Without her, and 2 other of his teachers he would've been lost.

Posted May 19, 2015
I found the school and the administration lacking any common sense. My children have never been so unhappy. The teachers had no clue what the students were doing in class or if they were doing any work in class. I spent more time trying to teach my children and catch them up on what was not turned in then the teachers. I had multiple meetings with the administration to no avail. I finally had to put them in a private school just to finish the sixth grade. Parents beware.

Posted March 27, 2015
Bullying is out of control at this school. The administration has no idea what's going on and the counselor is inept. Children are harming themselves with the "eraser challenge" in class. Let me repeat, IN CLASS. The counselors and administration do not respond to parent concerns. WHO IS WATCHING OUR CHILDREN WHEN WE SEND THEM OFF TO SCHOOL?????
4 people found this helpful

Posted June 20, 2014
This school and Etowah have done a great job. I have 3 children who have been through E.T.Booth and Etowah. My son is still at Etowah but the first two have had no problem getting into the universities of their choice. This tells me these schools are doing a good job. Thanks!

Posted June 20, 2014
E.T. Booth is a great school. My daughter has worked harder and learned more this year than prior years. Teachers did work her hard but when they saw that she could handle harder work they were quick to contact me about moving her into a harder class. The principals are firm but fair. They do not allow bullying or mistreatment of the students or teachers. They have rules and I am glad they do and enforce them. It made for a great year!
3 people found this helpful

Posted March 27, 2014
My child is being tested for learning disabilities and this school seems to think they have the right to deny my child going on a lgpe field trip with chorus when I know she turned in papers and money. They are not organized they sit papers where ever they are rude and do not care about your child , I would not reccomend this school to anyone. Do not send your child here , it will be a mistake!!!
4 people found this helpful

Posted September 26, 2013
I am a Sub at several Middle Schools and Booth is one of my Favorite. The Teachers are GREAT, the Admin are very supporting and the kids are well behaved and motivated as well. I can't think of anything negative in my several years of subbing there.

Posted May 20, 2009
I am very involved with my kids schooling. They have some great teachers who really care about the students. The chorus teacher always made the kids at school feel welcome even if they did not have his class. They knew who he was. My kids have excelled and we have always had the best teachers beginning with Bascomb until 8th grade. The front office, you never know how you will be treated from day to day. I do really like the school, but of course you will always have some bad apples. I really appreciate those teachers that help the students out to go above and beyond.

E.T. Booth Middle School 2

Posted October 07, 2008
This school has problems. It is not as well run as some of the others. Anyone moving to the area should be aware that it is not up to par for Towne Lake. They place your child in any class they choose, without your consent and are apt to change the child's schedule with about 3 hours notice from a voice mail. As a parent, I wish I had listened to others who advised me not to move into this school district.
2 people found this helpful

6550 Putnam Ford Dr, Woodstock, GA  30189
Last modified E.T. Booth Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8
E.T. Booth Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top