Posted March 07, 2014
This school is not very friendly to SPED children. I was a SPED kid myself, I should know. Teachers like to condescend on students and treat them like they're helpless. I wouldn't think babying SPED students provides them with a sense of self-esteem. And the school has gone through many changes in authority, mostly on the teaching level. Teachers have been replaced quite easily over the years, which I think could attribute to the lack of educated adults in Hawaii. All the old teachers remain employed, no matter how bad they are, and the new ones are judged more harshly, whether they're good or not. It's a terrible system, and any school, such as this one, will naturally be a terrible school.

Posted May 06, 2010
Some of the administration behave unprofessional. The office is unorganized on purpose because they don't want to support the new Principal. Some of them will actually solicit help from the parents to spread the disapproval of the Principal. One counselor actually yells the students instead of helping them. The office will screw up some students meals and solicit help from students using the scanner to inaccurately read an I.D. so a student can not eat . It is really sad because the kids there are good.

Aiea High School 0

Posted April 01, 2010
It is a school that focuses on athletes and keeping the curriculum low so they can participate in games. The students are great, but the staff is lacking in the office. There are maybe three outstanding and caring teachers and that's it.

Aiea High School 2

Posted March 27, 2010
I'm torn as to whether or not this school deserves a noteworthy grade. Though some teachers are smart, and grading tends to be balanced, a key striking point is the way in which the school is run. The bias administration allows for certain members of the student body to do as pleased while others are forced to abide by the school regulations. They're inconsistent in making sure rules are followed, aren't very smart with judgment in key situations, and need some help in organizing the school. Luckily, the students themselves tend to be very nice and friendly, allowing for a more feasible environment for work to be done.

Posted March 09, 2010
I am ashamed to say I'm an alumni of AHS. My child currently attends AHS and I am very disappointed with their organization and communication skills. It all starts with their leaders, they are not for their students. Instead of building them up, they knock them down. FYI, not all teenagers are punks and gang member so don't treat them as such.

Aiea High School 3

Posted March 09, 2010
Despite the lack of leadership at Aiea High School, my child has had some outstanding teachers. I am concerned with the principal and the poor way he handles issues at the school.

Posted March 31, 2009
My child is in 9th grade and has wonderful teachers. I am concerned about the lack of leadership in the school.

Posted September 17, 2008
I have one Junior and one Freshman at Aiea High School. This is an excellent school in every respect. The teachers are all highly qualified and very engaged with the students. All in all, I have nothing but positive remarks for this excellent school.

Posted August 21, 2007

Posted August 19, 2007

Aiea High School
981276 Ulune St, Aiea, HI  96701
Last modified Aiea High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aiea High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top