7-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Left a 4 star review previously but things have come to light and true colors have been shown. Many of the teachers are incompetent, and the leadership playa favorite. As an alumnus, I hate to say it, but my alma mater needs to be revamped or shut down.

I went to Lanakila for my junior and senior years of high school after attending Kapolei High School. The teachers are definitely able to give student more attention due to the smaller class sizes, which helped me academically and spiritually. One of my sibling also graduated from Lanakila and is currently attending one of the military academies. I'm completing my Master's Degree and plan on going into the counseling field because of a conversation I had with one of the teachers my senior year.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Incredible range of backgrounds. Former graduates are returning and desiring to teach as a part of the calling they feel from God.

Amount of homework: Agree

Have to ask the students! There is an appropriateness to their homework. It is not frivolous.

Develops character: Strongly agree

A Christ-centered environment. Godly teachers willing to really get to know students and help them to become more than they would alone. There were issues but all have been resolved.

Amazing school. Deep history. Graduates since 1972. ILH PAC-5 Division III Lots of scholarships awarded to colleges all over the country. Prepared leaders with Christian backbone! Had a few malcontents try to dump on school and give bad ratings. If are NOT a good student or willing to follow authority, they leave the school and leave a Big Stink!

I am an Alumni, graduated in 2013. I am now in college. I thank Lanakila Baptist for getting me there. I learned a lot at Lanakila, scholarly and spiritually. It's a great small school, everyone is like family.

Develops character: Agree

The teachers will never give up on you. They will always be there if you need help.

Develops character: Disagree

The staf doesn't lead by example. Students do not have guidance. The church burdens the school staff.

I attended Lanakila Baptist from 7th-12th grade and I recently graduated from this school. I loved it here, and I am so glad that I had the chance to attend this school for as long as I did. The teachers are excellent and they are always willing to help you with whatever you need help with. The students are also very welcoming and because it is such a small school, it gives you the opportunity to get to know everyone which I always liked. I also enjoyed the sports program a lot and the students and staff are always really supportive at games. Overall, my experience with Lanakila was amazing and I would recommend Lanakila to any parent or student.

Last modified Lanakila Baptist Junior/Senior High School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12