Ewa Beach, HI

Posted August 14, 2014
I attended Lanakila Baptist from 7th-12th grade and I recently graduated from this school. I loved it here, and I am so glad that I had the chance to attend this school for as long as I did. The teachers are excellent and they are always willing to help you with whatever you need help with. The students are also very welcoming and because it is such a small school, it gives you the opportunity to get to know everyone which I always liked. I also enjoyed the sports program a lot and the students and staff are always really supportive at games. Overall, my experience with Lanakila was amazing and I would recommend Lanakila to any parent or student.

Posted March 26, 2014
I was a student here and the education really prepared me for college. I am now a professional in my field and I have classmates that I keep in touch with today who are Lawyers, Doctor's, Firemen, Dentists, Electricians, Nurses, Teachers, etc. Like in any school there are students who apply themselves and those who don't. I have a feeling some of the negative reviews are from parents and/our students who are now feeling the effects of not being pro-active or applying themselves in their own educational process.

Posted February 24, 2014
Lanakila Baptist High School offers a safe, Christian, family environment where the needs of students come first. Both of my children attended LBHS one for four years, the other for six years. During that time, they played volleyball, basketball, track, cross-country, bowling, and cheerleading. They both graduated with honors, and my daughter was not only a member of the National Honor Society, but she received the privilege of representing Hawaii Youth Leaders as an ambassador for HOBY Hugh O'Brien Youth Leadership. Both were members of the Student Body Government, and in Extra-curricular activities. Racially, my children are minorities, but were treated with equality, dignity and respect. This diversity and cultural acceptance is one of the main reasons we went to LBHS. Now, LBHS blessing continue. My son graduated with a full ride $129,000 scholarship to Chaminade, and my daughter received one of the only two National ROTC Scholarships awarded to UH Manoa during her graduating year. Out off her small class of 19 seniors the class was awarded over 2.5 million dollars in scholarship offers, and one student was accepted to the Naval Aacademy. LBHS MAKES DREAMS COME TRUE!

Posted August 10, 2013
Lanakila is a horrible school. The good reviews here are old and you can tell by the year. It's 2013 and this school has gone down the drain. The teachers don't have a degree. The school isn't even certified as a real school. My friend went to another school and they told her that Lanakila wasn't a real school and she was having a hard time at her new school due to low class education even though she was on top of her class in Lanakila. The teachers don't even care about the students education and seem to get into their own students drama and some like to start it. I highly recommend you don't go to this school. I was a student here and it was a waste of good money. The teachers, maybe except for two or three teachers, and the principal are nothing but hypocrites. They tell us to love The Lord and they try to act as saints but their not. They don't care about the students. They start drama and can't even teach correctly.

Posted July 20, 2013
This school is like an inner-city school. The lack of teaching and uncontrollable students makes it hard for any student to learn anything.

Lanakila Baptist Junior/Senior High School 2

Posted July 03, 2013
For a private school they sure are lacking in a lot of areas. Are they ever going to have a gymnasium? I see a lot of comments about having good sports teams.... since when? This school is the cheapest private school on the island for a reason. That is the only reason I went there. It was still a waste of good money.

Posted February 19, 2013
In 2013, so far this school has raised over 3 million dollars in scholarship offers for a class of only 18 seniors! I was amazed at what I found. Music program, competitive ILH sports, spiritual development, Sat Prep, involved college counselling. I highly recommend Lanakila Baptist to any parent who wants to see their children given the opportunity to succeed. The path is definitely here.

Posted January 18, 2013
Do not recomend this high school. Teachers do not teach, and they get to involved in teenage drama.

Lanakila Baptist Junior/Senior High School 4

Posted February 02, 2012
We have been at Lanakila for the last 2 years. I have a son who's a Junior and a daughter who is a Sophomore. It has been a great experience for us. We are a military family and we have to move a lot. Our kids asked us to stay here so they could graduate from this school. The facility is not in the best condition because Lanakila is in a historic district and they are limited to what they are allowed to do to the building. However, what goes on inside is what counts. The sports program is good, but they are a small school so they will not be competing with the larger private schools. Academically, both my kids have excelled, but they are used to this style of curriculum. Definitely put it on your list of schools to check out. Mahalo!

Posted April 29, 2009
Lanakila Baptist is a great place to send your children if you want them to excel academically and spiritually in life. It is an excellent college prep school.

Lanakila Baptist Junior/Senior High School
91-1219 Renton Rd, Ewa Beach, HI  96706
Last modified Lanakila Baptist Junior/Senior High School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Lanakila Baptist Junior/Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top