PK-6 & Ungraded
Hilo, HI

Posted December 24, 2013
Chiefess Kapiolani uses a caring, student-centered approach to education that invites parents to be part of the process.

Chiefess Kapiolani Elementary School 0

Posted March 25, 2010
I would like to commend all of the teachers and staff at Kapiolani School! Being a small school they give the children and their families a sense of Ohana. All of the teachers make a special effort with all of the children. I would like to thank them for the success both of my sons have had in their academic achievements! Mahalo!

Chiefess Kapiolani Elementary School 4

Posted July 23, 2009
My son originally started in a charter school for Kindergarten. I heard of Kapiolani and switched. My son has never learned to read so fast and well. Mrs. Shebata is the best Kindergarten teacher. Assertive and understanding. Perfect!!!

Posted May 22, 2009

Posted April 04, 2009

Chiefess Kapiolani Elementary School 1

Posted January 03, 2008

Chiefess Kapiolani Elementary School 0

Posted July 25, 2004
- a staff
I would like to respond to the May 2004 parent review. As the Student Services Coordinator at Kapi'olani, I would like to encourage you, the parent, to call me to discuss your concerns. My phone number is 808-9330957. I am a 12 month employee so call me soon. I am at the school site daily. Hope to hear from you.

Chiefess Kapiolani Elementary School 3

Posted May 17, 2004
My daughter has attended Kapi'olani for the past four years. She hates her school. She tells me every single morning that she doesn't want to go. She is 'singled out' because of her skin color and when I spoke about this to her teachers, each acted as though there was nothing they could do. My daughter performs well and is well thought of by her teachers, yet racial problems are still a major concern even after four years! I wished there was a better spirit of aloha at this school. We moved to Hawai'i to feel the 'Ohana not to be treated like an 'Invasive Species'. Push for better treatment of all children in our public schools and teachers, please be the example! Mahalo

Chiefess Kapiolani Elementary School
966 Kilauea Ave, Hilo, HI  96720
Last modified Chiefess Kapiolani Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chiefess Kapiolani Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top