Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The staff are dedicated and flexible. The faculty works hard to maintain high standards and integrate the constant flow of students in and out of the school. They have been so welcoming and the family atmosphere makes this school a wonderful place for children to learn and grow.

I only have experience with one teacher and thankfully won't have to deal with him any longer. He yelled at a student for not having scissors, Knowing this was the students second day and parents may forget or be unable to find certain supplies so easily well into the school year. Teacher threatens students with being sent to the office if they lay their heads down after completing their work. He also thinks it's okay to bring up nationality with students during class and then tell them they should not tell others what they are in the future. No person with such SHORT patience and temper should ever be around any child.

There's only one small playground for hundreds of students. The classrooms only get one "equipment day" per week. The rest of the recesses don't get to use the playground. My son is in kindergarten. The classrooms don't have air conditioning, so they get very hot. There is only 1 day per month for physical education class and one art class per month so far. We're about a month into the school year and this seems ridiculous. This is my first time in public school but I feel it is not the norm. The staff is great so there's the plus. Parking is horrendous as it is on a dead end street.

The school's focus is on Education and Students first! The teachers and staff at the school make learning fun and challenging all at once.

Our Children attended this school for a few years and everything has gone downhill since Principal Lee left. We have transferred now because of what is allowed to go on at that school now.

Our family transferred here from MD in the middle of the school year. My kids missed about three weeks of school. My children's teachers are patient and strict. I like that. My children do too. At recess, the teachers would take to time to teach them what they had missed and sent me notes home letting me know how I can help and what they were doing to get caught up. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. The military liaison is fantastic. I can't say enough good about him. The school is full Common Core. I don't like that, but Common Core is everywhere.

i had to have my 4 year old tested for services. He has adhd, SPD, born deaf, has had surgery on both eye, and his ears. Has a speech delay, and is very hard to understand. He sees a behavioralist, and an occupational therapist. When the school did testing, nothing was found.He had no need for an IEP or for services. Because he was refused his health insurance will cover the services that he needs. When i received the paperwork for schools refusal of services i was quite surprised to see a page that appears that they forgot to correct. All of the results say he did not qualify for services, but one and it was a half written sentence stating that he was recommended for special services. It looked like they didn't finish deleting it. I called the school and explained what i had read hoping to get some clarification. Instead i got principal on speaker phone claiming she did not see what i was talking about in the paperwork, when i read it to her and told her the exact part of the page and which page. When i told her i was going to contact the DOE i heard whispering between her and a man, and she they suddenly saw it and explained it was there just incase he had needed services.

We have found it difficult to get the same services Our Child needs in the special education classrooms at this school versus the ease in receiving the same needed services at others.

My oldest son is in Kindergarten, so this is the first time we have dealt with the public school system. He also has many needs, warranting an IEP that we had to do before the school year started. The staff made it simple (as it could be), and was very helpful along the way. His teacher is also amazing, being patient and sensitive to his needs without babying him on any level (he still gets in trouble just like anyone else). He loves his teacher, and his school. I also love that its a military school and does NOT teach foreign cultures as a major part of the curriculum (as other schools in Hawaii do). Would HIGHLY recommend this school to anyone moving to PCS'ing to Hawaii.

I really like this school a lot! It is a bit on the stricter side, but we've had such wonderful experiences with the teachers! My oldest has been there for 3 years and my middle has been there for 2 and they've been nothing but helpful and giving. I make sure that there is ongoing, open communication and they've always been great about it. Not a huge fan of the lunch room policies, (quiet time at the end of lunch, instead of going out and playing) but they really put a lot of effort into the students learning! And they take safety very seriously! Bulling is strictly dealt with!! As for the parent who's mad about the base gate being locked, that's the base securities fault, not the school's; they have no control over that! Btw, one of my kids has a learning issue and his teacher has been a saint about helping him succeed!!! To be fair, I have heard some negative things about a few teachers, but by far and away, most of the teachers there are awesome and willing to work with you!

Last modified Admiral Chester W Nimitz Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.