Bad
Good

Robert Louis Stevenson Middle School 2

Posted August 06, 2013
I would like to know whose idea it was to take away the left turn lane exiting the school on the other side! It took a half an hour just to get through the school parking lot! Traffic is way too congested to have an incoming lane there!!! Traffic from the school is at a stand still waiting for someone to turn left, which many people do to pick up their children from Lincoln. I hope you have a good reason, because right now it just seems ridiculous!!! Concerned parent

Robert Louis Stevenson Middle School 5

Posted April 30, 2012
I believe Stevenson is a great school. Teachers are very nice and fun while still maintaining a strict manner about assignments. When I was attending I wasn't the best student. It was not my behavior or anything, I was just lazy. My time at Stevenson changed that as teachers made it their priority to tell me I need to start shaping up. It wasn't in a mean way, instead they would talk to me whenever I wouldn't turn in an assignment. They were kind, but stern in their admonishment to me, and I admire that. It made me try a little harder and although I didn't get to fix much at Stevenson it is helping me in high school. Now I am not saying Stevenson is the greatest school. There is a lot of swearing and once in a while a fight, but you find that in practically every school. It is a part of growing up. It is no different if you sent your kid to Punahou. Of course the curriculum might be a bit more challenging, but Stevenson's isn't so bad either. I like that the teachers go out of their way to make sure kids learn the material at Stevenson. I believe Stevenson is a great school to send your child to.

Robert Louis Stevenson Middle School 4

Posted February 25, 2012
I was waiting for my grandson at stevenson (he was coming from Lincoln) and i had notice a staff member from the school on the basketball court taking to some student.This was the first time I had ever notice anyone from your school on the court.I think this is great. I have heard so much about the after school fights. I was told that he was a conselor for the school.I am looking forward for my grandson to attend this shcool next year. Mahalo,Loke Adams

Posted May 20, 2010
The teachers are very helpful, patient and understanding. They have an excellent band instructor and my son is the only 6th grader to have made it in the advanced band. He has had a terrific school year and is looking forward to FREE summer school and his 7th grade year.

Posted April 17, 2010
As an eight grade student attending Stevenson I have seen it all during my 3 years here. Stevenson is filled with adolescents trying to get an education and working their way to the top. The school provides Gifted and Talented classes in addition to extra curricular activities such as the Eco-club, Robotics, Band and a very successful math team. The faculty staff here are extremely diligent and work around the clock to provide a good place to learn.

Robert Louis Stevenson Middle School 5

Posted March 28, 2010
I am a student attending my second year at this school and I'm absolutely satisfied with what I m learning. This school s a bit exposed to violence here and there, but I see myself get stronger and learning more how to deal with these things, not going down wrong directions. People are friendly, our principal, Mr. Luke, gives great care to the school s environments. Janitors always keeping places cleaned, and when there re graffiti s, they would be gone by first bell. Teachers are fun and they say their jobs aren t to fail students, they would give us retests; opened-noted. They don't want us to just memorize, but get the standards down and understand it. We have HSA practices online and AR motivations by getting points. There s band excursion, Florida, Washington DC, and Maui science trips. Our math teams, robotics are involved in competitions, winning the way to the top.

Robert Louis Stevenson Middle School 3

Posted January 22, 2010
stevenson is an 'ok' school but that would not be the school i would send my child to for an education she said that when she got ther the kids are very mean well some are and swear alot she even said she learned new swear words which is dissapointing but despite the behavior .......stevenson does provide a good education but that would not be my first choice.

1202 Prospect St, Honolulu, HI  96822
Last modified Robert Louis Stevenson Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.