No rating

Sacred Hearts Academy

Private | PK-12

Student diversity

Living in Honolulu

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $681,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,600.

Posted February 6, 2009

It is my daughter's first year at Sacred Hearts Academy (she is in high school) and everyday she tells me how much she hates it. The school is very unorganized and they never tells the parents what is going on. At her previous school, they would send newsletters and phone calls. The teachers are not very good and they have old teaching methods that do not really make education exciting. My daughter's old school had wonderful teachers that would allow them to excel and also have fun. The school's mass is very strange, especially if you are a cradle-Catholic - just go to one of their monthly Friday masses, and you'll see for yourself. If your daughter is coming from an extraordinary school, then do not waste your money sending her to Sacred Hearts. My daughter will definatley not be going there next year, i can tell you that right now.

Posted December 4, 2008

My daughter has been going to Sacred Hearts Academy for a year now. She is constantly begging me to pull her out due to harsh comments from other students. Other students would like to hurt her emotionally and sometimes physically. I do not appreciate this whatsoever. I've complained to the principal about two months ago, and it seems to me like they're not doing anything about it. The girls here are also setting a horrible example for my daughter. My daughter has changed ever since I put her to this school. She has developed somewhat of an attitude. I can't put up with it any longer, I will soon pull my daughter out. I recommend that no parent should put their child to this school. I highly recommend Saint Francis, my oldest daughter graduated there just last year, and she is now attending a great college.

Posted November 26, 2008

This is part 2 of my review. Pt2. ...When it comes to Communion, it is so disorganized with no reverence at all. All the students (K-8) sit on the floor (this is in the gym) except High School (9-12) and the teachers. So everyone starts getting up and its a disaster. Just picture like a party or something - people randomly everywhere and talking too. Some High Schoolers are allowed to be Eucharistic Ministers, which in my opinion, is bad, because they have no clue what they are doing. Also, SHA is obbsessed with themselves. They think they are the best school in the world and have your daughter sing a song about how they love SHA. Overall, I do not recommend your daughter to go to Sacred Hearts.

Posted September 16, 2008

If you want your daughter to be a success in school and life in general, then send her to Sacred Hearts. Without a doubt, this school is the number ONE school for girls. Sacred Hearts prepared my daughter to succeed at the U of Notre Dame and Columbia U and to have a successful career in medicine. Our best decision pertaining to our daughter was sending her to Sacred Hearts.

Posted July 20, 2007

Right now, this school is putting its greatest efforts in making changes to its facilities and planning for the arrival of the new performing arts building. This is fantastic because now my children will be exposed to a even greater learning community. The teachers are very knowledgable about the subject they teach and provide students with numerous opportunities to expand their horizons and pursue their interests.

Posted April 15, 2007

Currently, I have attended Sacred Hearts Academy for seven years. It has been terrific. I feel that our school definitely puts the students' best interest at heart. They support all the clubs and show great praise for hard work. Not to mention, opportunities are always available, this school does a remarkable job helping their students be open to the world around them and gives them chances to excel in all forms of education, sports, clubs, and many more. All the teachers are willing to help, it is the student who needs to be self motivated to do well. The Band program at this school is outstanding, it really exposes the students to the wonderful world of music, just as how the Visual Arts programs teaches students how to express themselves through various medias such as ceramics, wood, glass, digital photojournalism, and computer animation. I definitely applaud this school.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 30, 2006

As a student I give credit to the school about air conditioning and teaching. But I must say that certain classes are either too hot or too warm. There are plenty of sports, but for Jr. High there aren't very many clubs avalible for them. The staff and school tend to favor high school over junior high and teaches play favorites. And there are no roses in the rose garden, probably for safety reasons but, still irnoic name for it. Most parents are invovled while some tend to slack and never help with much. Students get away with much more than teachers and staff know of, much more. This is probably the only student review here.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 3, 2006

My daughter has been at SHA for the past 3 years. Currently in 7th grade and she loves this school. The teachers are absolutely wonderful & caring. The curriculum is excellent and the school has many extracurricular activites that your daughter can choose from. Their Thespian Troupe is amazing and they have wonderful plays throughout the year. We feel that the tuition is very reasonable for the quality education they provide. While the campus here is not huge like some other well known private schools in town, and they may lack such luxuries as a swimming pool, the character of the buildings shows a sense of pride and history. They have a wonderful 'rose' garden where students can eat. Soon all the classrooms will be air-conditioned. It's a wonderful school to consider.

Posted April 22, 2004

My daughter attends the nineth grade, and I feel that the teachers are doing their best to help the students'. A great schoolto send your daughters to. I'd like to rate this school as follows: #4 rating is what I think is fair.

• All girls
Affiliation
  • Roman Catholic
Associations
  • NAIS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious