Honolulu, HI
Before care: Yes

St Francis School 4

Posted November 04, 2014
While the administration is quite poor, the education is excellent! The teachers are very caring and will take the time to explain anything to you that you don't understand. While I have been bullied at this school by other students, the dean of discipline responded immediately and has done so much to help me. I value my Saint Francis school days and would do anything to go back in time to relive them. Definitely would recommend this school!

Posted November 06, 2013
Saint Francis is a hidden gem when it comes to meeting the needs of my son. Since arriving at the school, the teachers have inspired him to do well and they are able to meet the needs of each student. Teachers provide a variety of activities when teaching a subject and some even have the students experience the issue, rather than simply lecturing to them. I highly recommend this school!

St Francis School 1

Posted July 27, 2013
This is a horrible school, so don't waste your money! Public schools are much better than this school!

St Francis School 1

Posted September 11, 2012
I was a student at St. Francis for my freshman and sophomore years and it was terrible I am now at Kaiser High school and I am learning so much more in the IB program than i ever did at St. Francis. The students were so unfriendly and rude it was a waste of my life. I am so glad i convinced my parents into letting me out of this school! When i was there I was not pushed to be a good student, now i have my classmates and teachers helping me. I cried because I disliked this school at least once a week. I even got death threats from a student and told my dean and nothing was really done about it. I also felt that this was not a "real" high school. I never got the real feel of football games, school spirit, bonding, and the flack of clubs and enthusiasm was disappointing. Send your kids to public school. You already pay taxes for public education why pay $9,000 some dollars?

St Francis School 3

Posted October 10, 2011
my son came here in the 5th grade. i was very disappointed at the lack of communication from this school regarding the sports program. i had asked several people, several different times, in a span of 2 mths- simply to know the status of the boys sports team since i had not heard anything. after not having signed him up for any other sports, i came to find out very late- that there was no sports team b/c not enough students. no one ever bothered to contact us. His teacher was also disappointing. seems like this school is still very much focused on the girls. i also applied for financial aid as a single mother. I never got any. I asked if there were other ways to lower the cost of tuition...more volunteer hours, ability to buy used uniforms - but nothing. I found out later that there was a white elephant sale as part of their yearly fair where i was able to find some used uniform items. wonder why no one could tell me that when i asked. I've since taken my son out and find that he's happier at the public schools. he made some great friends at st. francis. but the money i paid for the tuition (lifetime worth of savings for me) isn't worth the experience that we had.

Posted August 25, 2010
I also am an alum and proud of it. The principal greeted us and spent time in the courtyards and cafeteria with us. The teachers help all of their students, if they want to learn. Those who didn't want to learn were encouraged; the few who were unhappy were that way because they really were not interested in an education. SFS you are the best.

Posted June 30, 2010
I am an alum and very proud to be one. Saint Francis School has prepared me for the rigors of college and I am so forever greatful for all I have experienced at this great school. We have awesome teachers who truly care about education. Saint Francis School gave me what I needed to pursue my goals. With the help of teachers and my motivation to succeed, I was able to get into the university of my choice. And I have Saint Francis School to thank....Thank you Saint Francis School and I know you will continue to graduate students who will succeed in life!!

St Francis School 2

Posted January 27, 2010
This schools okay, but the principal never comes out of her office. She isn't involved whatsoever, she only comes out when the news crew comes, and acts like she's involved. I got bad grades and the teachers didn't really care.The teachers only teach students who want to learn, if they don't want to learn, then the teachers don't care. The discipline is pretty bad too, students misbehave in classes like it's okay to do so. Saint Francis isn't so challenging for me, all you have to do is do homework and you can pass with a good grade. I wish they would pay more attention to ALL the students. Also, we don't have substitute teachers, we get free periods if they're not there. I get pretty frustrted because we only have little time w/ teachers. But yeah, I don't really like this school

St Francis School 0

Posted June 24, 2008
My three daughters attended St Francis High School (a all girl school). I feel that they got the a comprable education compared the the other high priced private schools. The schools tution was one the cheapest but the quality of learning was one the the best. My son attended a more expensive private school and recieved the same quality education. The principle, Sr Joan of Arc, is a very caring and compassionate person level headed administrator. She knows all of the student name, background, problems, &achievements. Due to the small size of the school the variety of electives are limited but the major elective in science, english, math, arts, & laguages are provided. The majority of graduates(98%) go on to attend college & do very well, as my daughters have.

Posted October 12, 2007