PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I'm very disappointed in this school. Grading system is terrible. Some teacher I do appreciate doing there best. I wish I didn't send my son here.

Amount of homework: Agree

I think it's just right. Sometime its a lot and then I can tell my son is stressing out.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The grading system is horrible and that's not fair on the students. At the beginning, I always blame my son for not turning his home in. He'll tell me which one he turn in and which one he either forgot or didn't do. I decided to keep track. I e-mailed some of the teacher and I was told it's automatic grade (so I assume if the teacher forgot to upgrade the kids homework that's mean they get a zero for homework?? It's horrible

I can still remember how I felt fulfilled during the years I spent at Saint Francis High School. Surrounded by the nature, in a quiet Manoa Valley, the environment took a part of the time I spent. Being an international student in Hawai'i, faculties, students and their parents had helped me walk through the tough times in my life, which I can never forget and am greatful for making me who I am today. Participating in many school events and being involved in sports activity, I have made friends that miss a lot still now. If there is a time machine to go back to the days at Saint Francis High School, I would definitely want to be back at the bench in courtyard under the tree and spend a quality time once again.

While the administration is quite poor, the education is excellent! The teachers are very caring and will take the time to explain anything to you that you don't understand. While I have been bullied at this school by other students, the dean of discipline responded immediately and has done so much to help me. I value my Saint Francis school days and would do anything to go back in time to relive them. Definitely would recommend this school!

Saint Francis is a hidden gem when it comes to meeting the needs of my son. Since arriving at the school, the teachers have inspired him to do well and they are able to meet the needs of each student. Teachers provide a variety of activities when teaching a subject and some even have the students experience the issue, rather than simply lecturing to them. I highly recommend this school!

This is a horrible school, so don't waste your money! Public schools are much better than this school!

I was a student at St. Francis for my freshman and sophomore years and it was terrible I am now at Kaiser High school and I am learning so much more in the IB program than i ever did at St. Francis. The students were so unfriendly and rude it was a waste of my life. I am so glad i convinced my parents into letting me out of this school! When i was there I was not pushed to be a good student, now i have my classmates and teachers helping me. I cried because I disliked this school at least once a week. I even got death threats from a student and told my dean and nothing was really done about it. I also felt that this was not a "real" high school. I never got the real feel of football games, school spirit, bonding, and the flack of clubs and enthusiasm was disappointing. Send your kids to public school. You already pay taxes for public education why pay $9,000 some dollars?

my son came here in the 5th grade. i was very disappointed at the lack of communication from this school regarding the sports program. i had asked several people, several different times, in a span of 2 mths- simply to know the status of the boys sports team since i had not heard anything. after not having signed him up for any other sports, i came to find out very late- that there was no sports team b/c not enough students. no one ever bothered to contact us. His teacher was also disappointing. seems like this school is still very much focused on the girls. i also applied for financial aid as a single mother. I never got any. I asked if there were other ways to lower the cost of tuition...more volunteer hours, ability to buy used uniforms - but nothing. I found out later that there was a white elephant sale as part of their yearly fair where i was able to find some used uniform items. wonder why no one could tell me that when i asked. I've since taken my son out and find that he's happier at the public schools. he made some great friends at st. francis. but the money i paid for the tuition (lifetime worth of savings for me) isn't worth the experience that we had.

I also am an alum and proud of it. The principal greeted us and spent time in the courtyards and cafeteria with us. The teachers help all of their students, if they want to learn. Those who didn't want to learn were encouraged; the few who were unhappy were that way because they really were not interested in an education. SFS you are the best.

Last modified St Francis School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12