PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Holy Family Catholic Academy
Grateful to: Staff member

Posted October 17, 2015
I HAVE NO IDEA THIS WOMANS NAME BUT SHE IS KIND AND I FEEL SHE SOME HOW IS A MEMBER OF THE PARISH. SHE MAY EVEN TEACH RELIGION. NOT SURE. BUT CERTAINLY THE WARMEST FACE WE HAVE SEEN YET.

Posted April 22, 2015
Holy Family has been a wonderful experience for our family! My son is thriving in this environment! He is bright and enjoys the academic challenges of a school that really cares about teaching! His two teachers are extraordinarily devoted to fostering a love of learning. They have found the right balance between encouraging a child to reach and their full potential and fostering the development of the rest of the child, psychologically, socially, and spiritually. The progress my son has made in all of these areas has given him a tremendously well-rounded and extremely wonderful education, and has also encouraged his autonomy. Volunteers are always welcome, but not required, and the school and church community is very friendly. We are blessed to be a part of this community! Thank you Holy Family!

Posted June 19, 2014
Have one child that attended the elc and twins who just completed kindergarten. We have been so pleased with this school. The twins had different teachers and both were great. Loved the elc teachers as well.

Holy Family Catholic Academy 1

Posted May 16, 2014
okay lets be honest here, like most schools you have a few good teachers & some you question how they even got a teaching degree. My child attended this school for a few years now. I was happy till the principle and the teacher made it clear what the school is about. If you miss high school & your family has money. This is the school for you. Your child will be over looked & labeled unless your child is a star athlete or smart enough to win trophies. If your child comes to school ask questions or demand any of the teachers attention. Your child is not fit for holy family.They need to be on their own & mute. I thought catholic schools or believers in God shouldn't judge.The principle which came to a shock to me was in directly calling my child special needs because at this school you have to read to learn not learn to read. Your child has to read a grade level ahead to fit in. I wouldn't recommend nor unrecommended this school. I would do a head to toe research on all schools before making a choice. but like I stated above if you miss high school and wanna keep up with the Jones and ranks this may be your school. I just prefer a school that is truly about the child and not status

Posted September 29, 2012
My daughter attended HFCA for 5 years. The middle school is a hit or miss. Math, Language Arts, and Art were incredible. The teachers in these subjects area pushed my daughter to excel and they helped nurture her artistic abilities. The other subject areas did not meet our expectations but that might due to the frequent change over in the other subjects. Overall, it really is an EXCELLENT school with a Principal who cares about her students and knows all their names!!

Posted February 02, 2012
My son has attended HFCA for the past several years, and we have been very happy with the school. He's had the opportunity to perform with his band in the Aloha Week Parade, the Honolulu City Lights Parade, and even Disneyland. He's participated on basketball, volleyball, and track teams that have usually placed 1st or 2nd in the league. He's been challenged academically, and he's a kind, caring kid who has been prepared very well for the next school he attends. The only minus is that the facilities are old, but they are very well-maintained. I highly recommend HFCA, and I don't think you'll find a better school on the island for this price.

Posted August 20, 2011
My son has attended HFCA from ELC and is presently in 3rd grade. I can envision him staying through 8th grade. The school fosters building great character and citizenship. The facilities are worn, but well-kept.

Holy Family Catholic Academy 3

Posted June 15, 2011
I was a public schooler from K-7 and the when I moved to Hawaii for 8th grade my parents sent my to the school, not a horrible school, but certainly not the best, and not as good as my public California middle school. The worst part about this school had to be the math. The ADVANCED algebra class only got through SIX chapters, at my current high school that is what they cover in half a school year, therefore I was behind and had to take two years of summer school (that's an extra $800) just to catch up with my mainland public school that I will be returning to in the fall.

Posted February 23, 2011
I went to Holy Family from 1st grade till 8th grade. that was a really amazing school, the kids there are great. the teachers are so nice and helpful. I'm so glad i went there i was completely prepared for high-school when i graduated from 8th grade.

Holy Family Catholic Academy 4

Posted October 01, 2010
I have 2 children - one completed ELC through 5th and the other ELC through 3rd. HFCA's focus on character education sets it apart from other schools and is the reason we enrolled our kids. Academically, it is better than most public schools, and on par with small private schools. Might not be a good fit for very gifted kids. Curriculum suffers from large class size (35 students). It's routine to progress only halfway through textbooks by year's end. Teachers do not develop critical thinking/writing b/c there are too many students. No continuity and little progress in curriculum from year to year. If your goal is Punahou or Iolani, expect to supplement HFCA's lagging academics with outside tutoring and summer school. That being said, the school nurtures respectful, tolerant, responsible, caring children in a safe environment, which is priceless during the elem years. My kids are doing well, no regrets!

Holy Family Catholic Academy
830 Main Street, Honolulu, HI  96818
Last modified Holy Family Catholic Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8