7-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

We're a new family at KHIS from the Sunset Neighborhood on the North Shore and we have been so pleased with the school thus far! The principal Donna Lindsey has been so welcoming and down-to-earth. After speaking with her I can tell she really cares about the students and takes the academic programing very seriously. My daughter is challenged with the classes and really likes her teachers-- especially her Algebra and Spanish teachers. (I think she forgot she used to not care for those subjects at all!) I've been in and out of the office and the staff has been polite and helpful. The students smile and always respond so positively whenever I stop to ask for directions on campus or have any questions. I really am pleasantly surprised and grateful to have my daughter-- and next year my son at KHIS!

Being a graduate and past employee, I've seen many students become professional athletes, as well as, outstanding citizens in many different careers.

The teachers seem to care about the future success of students regardless of their race, social or financial status

Kahuku High and Intermediate's teachers were great for my daughters. Programs such as We the People, History Day, Speech and Debate, Science Fair, etc, opened up many opportunities for them.

I have to agree with the previous reviewer, while I went to this high school prior to my children it has deteriorated even more over the years. Theft is a major issue at this school. The administrative staff is serious lacking in professionalism and are very unhelpful. The teachers, most of which seemed to have graduated from nearby BYU college, are some of the worst I have ever dealt with. My child was sick and I called and emailed and went to the school and I was never able to get their work. They kept saying that my child can make it up when they went back to school. My child was seriously ill, I didn't want them to fall behind but they showed no concern for doing their job to supply the requested homework. There are a few good teachers, but the majority of them are seriously lacking in education themselves. The HSA test scores show the low level of education received at this school, can't expect teachers to teach what they don't fully comprehend themselves. I also would recommend either an online or private school if possible other than sending your children to Kahuku unless all you care about is athletics. Community Support for Athletics is Great if nothing else!

Terrible school that is more focused on football than providing an education. The administration at this school provides lack luster leadership and has a closed door policy for any parent. A student will spend more time watching movies in class than learning the fundamentals or reading, writing, science and math. Faculty provides little educational experience for the children and most do not allow questions in class instead require the student to find them after class to ask questions. If you live in this district or are considering moving here please look at online schools for the sake of your children. At least look at the current statistics!

It is the only remaining 7th through 12th grade school on the Island of Oahu and it continues to meet and exceed expectation. We have a high percentage of our students going on to Ivy League Universities, yet we are a rural school that is socially and economically diverse! Great teachers, great students, awesome community!

The best school in Hawaii in athletics and academics. But unfortunately is sub standards in physical facilities. Our custodial staff is understaffed but ;looking at the grounds, you would be amazed to see all the lush plantings and cleanliness. Even our principal, Ms. DeLong constantly cleans up our campus on her regular walk ing visitations.

Kahuku High & Intermediate School... Although we may live in the 'boonies' and are not equipped with the latest technology or the best classrooms, we manage. We get many awards in sports and in our academics. Our Kahuku Pride is shown through our many sports activities such as: football, volleyball, track & field, soccer, softball, etc. But our knowledge is shown through the many academic activities we excel in; History Day, We the People, Speech and Debate, Democracy, etc. Not only are we accomplished in these areas we have a fantastic dance team and an amazing elite choir known as 'Vocal Motion'. Awesome sports and academics come with awesome school activities. I know these things to be true because I attend this school. This school has been here since 1897. It has helped me to build what it school represents: Pride, Spirit, Honor, and Excellence.

Kahuku High School is an awesome school academically and sportswise. They are very well rounded with a state champion football team, top 5 placed girls volleyball team, top runners in the state, great softball team, and that's just sports. They have nationally aclaimed speech and debate students along with a Democracy 'club' called We The People and a awesome Ensembles singing and dancing choir. I would recommend Kahuku High School to anyone. The students, teachers and faculty at Kahuku High School are a variety of nationalities, ethnicities and cultures that give this school their unique and friendly environment!

Last modified Kahuku High & Intermediate School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.