Bad
Good

Posted August 13, 2015
This school Is amazing!!!!! They have four tracks (Green,Yellow,Red and Blue). The tracks have their own "reputation". Green=Nerds Red=Athletes/Tough guys Blue=Weirdos Yellow=Cool kids

Kapolei Middle School 2

Posted June 03, 2015
First of all, there are some VERY GOOD teachers at Kapolei Middle. However, they are outmatched by poor educational expectations of students and poor all around classroom management. My kids had very little homework and most assignment didn't really make them LEARN anything. It was more like filler work. I have never heard so much disrespect and foul language in a classroom and feel sad that so many kids will not be prepared for high school. My biggest frustration (and that of my kids) were the lack of urgency that a few teachers had in recording grades. Many of my kids assignment were "missing" 3-4 weeks after they turned them in and had to redo them.

Kapolei Middle School 2

Posted December 16, 2014
I'm disappointed at most of my experience with this school. Of both of my children's classes, ONE will prepare them for high school and college. Fights and bullying are out of control and there is a lack of classroom management. Assignments are given, my child works hard to complete it by the deadline, only to go to class and find out very few students did any work and the deadline is pushed back. In one year, my children have not built on any skills from the year before. I will pull them from Kapolei MS /HS next year due to lack of education. On a good note, there are a few really good teachers that seemed to be overwhelmed.

Kapolei Middle School 3

Posted June 02, 2014
I go to Kapolei Middle School and there are tracks there. Red track isn't very...bright. I'm new on red track so I've been misplaced. That's why I'm going to Green Track because green track has very high test scores and very good teachers and plus everyone there is very nice.

Posted May 06, 2014
I love this school. My child attends sixth grade. Her teachers are awesome and the principal at this school is amazing. It is so refreshing to have teachers and a principal that actually cares about their students! My child has had a great experience this past year. I would highly recommend this school!

Kapolei Middle School 4

Posted November 14, 2011
im a student at kapolei and as far as im concerned its a very good school majority of the time. The students and I are very fourtunate to have such a nice campus with supportive teachers . As a student who is taking the learning experience hands on i would like to say its very helpful :) This is a great school for your kids.

Kapolei Middle School 4

Posted January 06, 2010
We are new to the island but compared to the middle school my son attended on the mainland, this school is very good. My son really enjoys it. He enjoys his teacher and the other students. He has no issues. You cant really avoid the track system as most schools in hawaii are on it now. I will have another child attending the middle school next school year, he is excited too.

Kapolei Middle School

Posted September 16, 2009

Posted February 20, 2009
KMS has the best education system on any Middle School in the Nation, the track system is Great way of using infrastructure efficiently, and the teachers are spectacular, they really know how to connect w/ young people of toaday!

Kapolei Middle School 3

Posted March 19, 2008
My children have been at Kapolei Middle for the past two years. We moved to this area because the school had a good reputation. I have been disappointed and frustrated by the overpopulation of students, disciplinary issues (fights, bullying, etc) and endless rotations of days on & days off. There are way too many kids on this campus. So many that they have this ridiculous track system. Every 9 or so weeks my kids are off for about 3 weeks. They are either 'getting ready for intercession' and slacking off, or 'just coming back from intercession' and reviewing material learned 3 weeks prior. They don't really seem to moving forward, they are constantly in a transition stage, either coming or going. With population explosion occuring here in Kapolei, anyone moving to the area better take a good hard look at these public schools.

Kapolei Middle School
915335 Kapolei Parkway, Kapolei, HI  96707
Last modified Kapolei Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.