Bad
Good

I was a Four Year Boarder at Lahainaluna. I graduated in 2009 with academic honors. I am now attending the University of Montana with academic scholarships. No other school can even come close to Lahainaluna and the tradition that we hold. I came to Lahainaluna at the age of 13 from the Big Island, to become a part of the Boarding Dept. I wouldn't trade my experiances for anything. I became a better person and can now be a contributing citizen to not only the communities of Hawaii, but to the communities of the enitre world.

LHS is a great school...it is unequalled in its history, traditions, and appreciation of Hawaiian culture.

lahaianluna is a great school.i was a boarder there but got kicked out.but that don't matter all the matters is that lahainaluna is a school where you can actually go there and learn stuff from what they are teaching you.i just wish i could go back one more time

I was a boarder at Lahainaluna High School but I just left to come home for good. I came home because it was too far from home and i really missed home, well anyways Lahainaluna was a good school. My grades were a lot better compared to how it use to be at my previous school. Well thats all i have to say, oh and i do miss all the other boarders that are still up there. peaceee;

LHS is a good school. im currently a student there and the Teachers + Staff members Are GREAT!. this school has lots of pride and to me this school is the best!.

Lahainaluna is probably one of the best schools in the world

I was a student at Lahainaluna. Yes the school is nice and the community is excellent, but if you really want to prepare your child for college and the real world this is not the place for them. The expectations are much too low to accommodate the students that need to be babied as such. An example can be seen in the previous poster that states they are a straight A student, yet look at their spelling and grammar. Again yes, the sense of community there is great and it was a fun experience, but not worth throwing away your child's chance for a good education.

I'm a student at Lahainaluna. I love everything about it. The teachers (most) are great, the athletic program is one of the best and absolutely the most dedicated. Don't get me wrong, the school has its flaws, as do we, but the pride and spirit of Lahainaluna keeps everyone on track. Yes, there are quite a few fights, yes there are bad teachers, yes, there are the 'bad' students. But as a whole we are a family. We do fight, but we learn to work together, we don't try, get back on track with the help from the students and staff. You cannot find that anywhere else wherever you look. I recommend Lahainaluna to any parent, student, or staff who is in any island of Hawai'i. It is a magnificent school, and I am proud to be a part of Lahainaluna and I'm sure you or or child would be too.

I am a teacher at Lahainaluna. The students there are friendly and many of them seem to want to learn. Granted some students may be there because they have nowhere else to go and maybe some teachers are there for the paycheck. But I don't think that those people feel that way the entire year. School is meant to be a safe haven. Many students don't have a great home life and many teachers struggle to make ends meet. But they are still there. It is when these people feel that they are unappreciated or unimportant to the masses that they act out the way the above individuals have expressed. To blame a school's lack of performance on ESLL students is ignorant and racist. All children deserve to learn regardless if they perform up to par.

I am a student at lahainaluna, i think the reason are scores are so low is because i some of the students just don't care about there education. As a student i talk to others at the school and many of them say they are not planing to further there education after high school. I am a straight A student and i feel as though my class is lowering my chances of getting in to a good college. The teachers at this school are far from organized and lack the skills to be teaching. The only real thing going for are school s the sports, and altho that can get you in to college they wont be ready for the work that comes with it. In class i have seen people who do not know how to read. Also there is a lot of fights. Overall its not a good school.

Last modified Lahainaluna High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.