PK-6 & Ungraded
Pearl City, HI

Posted July 05, 2015
Pearl City Elementary is a very positive and caring environment where the entire staff is focused on student needs. The children connect with everyone from their teacher to the lunch lady to the custodians. The curriculum is very rigorous and inquiry based aligning itself with CCSS.

Pearl City Elementary School 1

Posted September 16, 2014
This school is soooo slow at doing anything. Their website is NOT updated on time, they do not have help for student (i.e. tutoring) for K-1, I had to hire a tutor because my child was not getting the attention needed and there is very little or delayed communication from the teacher to the parents (i.e. in class performance & grades on their tests, we don't see that until the following week). I do not know about you but my child gets rewarded for having a good week and getting 100% on his tests, but what kind of reward is it when it is not until the following week? There are simple ways to solve the schools short comings but it is if they truly want to; 1. Update and continuously update your website (i.e. calendar, teacher lists, events). 2. Have an online classroom for parents to look at to make sure their child is doing the homework and has their daily/weekly progress reports (FOR ALL GRADES!). This would alleviate sooo much miscommunication between teacher and parents. (i.e. homework online used for online access to homework assignments, study materials and lesson notes and a parent portal that provides parents access to student attendance, progress reports, and report cards).
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 19, 2014
As a parent, I m happy that my chid s school has a second parent teacher conference, that I don t think other schools do! I know how hard the teachers work and I want to let them know that we really appreciate their efforts and putting children first, especially with the new common core standards - even I need to learn more about.

Pearl City Elementary School 4

Posted December 13, 2013
I give the teachers in this school 4 stars because some of them they really care about the kids and the rest only care about their pay checks. The principal seems very nice always smile I wish I can say the same for her staff. I agree with one of the reviewer, the staff needs to smile more often.I don't think I will bring my child to this school next year, probably to Momilani or a private school.

Pearl City Elementary School 3

Posted August 27, 2013
Pearl City Elem. is a ok school to me,reason is because lack of supervision in the morning for students around campus,in the cafeteria and playground areas,also there's not enough supervivision for the kids at the parking lot.But I have to say that the teachers are really great even though some of them are not really friendly,they still good teachers.Most of the staff members are snobs,they look sad and angry everyday.But for new parents don't let that stop you guys from going to Pearl City El. Because the teachers are good.

Posted June 19, 2013
Our daughter started going there with only 2 months left in the school year. The staff/teachers and the students were kind and friendly and very receptive. We could not be happier with our current situation! Teachers challenge the students and make learning fun and exciting. Oue daughter loves going to school!

Pearl City Elementary School 3

Posted May 28, 2013
We have been at this school for 2 years and so far the teachers seem to be the best feature in this school. They are caring and dedicated. The principal seems to do a great deal of work behind the scenes to improve the school, but it would be nice to see her actively involved with the parents more. It would also be nice to have a more active PTO with more opportunities to participate in meetings and after school/work hours.

Posted May 23, 2013
Pearl City Elementary School provides students with a nurturing environment in which to learn and grow academically and socially.

Posted May 23, 2013
There are many great things that PCES is doing to help educate our schools. They have many extracurricular activities for the upper grade students to participate in such as JPO, Chorus, and Robotics, to name a few. In addition, the technology used at this school is OUTSTANDING!! The students have laptops in the classroom and use various online programs to enhance learning. My experience with the teachers and staff was wonderful. They are nurturing and cariing. Everyone should bring their children here.

Pearl City Elementary School 4

Posted March 27, 2013
I have one child currently attending PCE and have to say my expectations were not very high in the beginning because I had heard some negative reviews of this school. However, after one year of my child attending PCE I only have good things to say about this school. The school is diverse with plenty of military kids and local kids who get along beautifully with each other. I have volunteered at the school several times and my impression of the staff is positive. There are really only 2 staff members who seem a bit harsh towards the kids. But what I mean by that is they have a more "old school" approach. I don't particularly agree with their style/tone but I certainly don't want to blow it out of proportion. My child doesn't even really have to interact with these people much, so truthfully, I don't give it much thought. My other little one is starting school at PCE next year and I'm happy to have them both there.

Pearl City Elementary School
1090 Waimano Home Rd, Pearl City, HI  96782
Last modified Pearl City Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pearl City Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top