PK-5 & Ungraded
Wahiawa, HI

Hale Kula Elementary School 5

Posted October 17, 2014
The school is outdated but they are working hard to renovate everything. Don't judge a book by it's cover. So far we love our son's Kindergarten teacher. She is very organized and on top of things. We have had no issues. I wish more people would write reviews when they don't have any problems. Seems like people only write reviews when they are unhappy so it's hard to know all of the GOOD things about the school.

Posted September 11, 2014
This is the worst place I ever seen my entire life. I can't even call this a school. It's more like a daycare. And with all the construction going on DURING SCHOOL HOURS I don't even see how the health department isn't giving them citations for violating the health of these children. When I asked them to stop the construction during school hours after debris flew into my kids eyes from all the construction their response was that they are spending $33 million dollars and need to be finshed by July 2016. So they won't even at least consider stopping for the safety of the children. Parents are complaining about the debris getting into their kids noses and eyes during school hours. I let officials know and they did absolutely NOTHING. We are in the process of finding a new school.

Posted May 25, 2014
We are a military family and have been very disappointed in Hale Kula. This is by far the worst school my kids have ever attended. The office staff is very rude and the teachers are horrible. I have no faith at all in the administration at this school.

Hale Kula Elementary School 4

Posted May 06, 2014
Hale Kula Elementary staff and teachers have all been very friendly and keep me well informed on the happenings in and around the school. My daughter moved here in the 3rd grade and is just now finishing up 5th grade. The school is a bit run down, but is in the process of massive renovations. I wish they had an online system for the lunch accounts, but that is my only real complaint about Hale Kula. Overall, I am impressed and will miss the school next year as my daughter transitions to middle school.

Hale Kula Elementary School 2

Posted April 29, 2014
There are a few good teachers and substitutes, but the office staff is extremely rude and always comes up with an excuse on why something cannot be done instead of figuring out a way to work on it. It's quite upsetting. Whether it's a safety issue or an academic issue, the staff, including the principal, come up with excuses or pass the buck to someone else. I cannot wait to get my kids out of this place!

Posted April 30, 2013
There are 1 or 2 great teachers at this school but that is it. My child is in 3rd grade here and is teacher has the thickest jersey accent and which is coupled with her poor grammar skills and general misunderstand of the English language. I can barely understand her. She also dresses incredibly inappropriately - more like club attire rather than professional wear. She texts during the day and doesn't seem to care about the kids - just her social life. Maybe it is just this one teacher. I pray for a better teacher next year who can catch my child up on everything not taught in her class (ahem...just about everything).

Hale Kula Elementary School 5

Posted February 11, 2013
I LOVE HALE KULA,THE OFFICE STAFF ARE CARING,UNDERSTANDING,AND VERY VERY KIND.OUR SON HAS ATTENDED SINE HE WAS IN 2ND GRADE AND NOW IS 4TH.HE LOVES GOING TO SCHOOL EVERYDAY AND EVERY TEACHER HAS BEEN WONDERFUL ON HELPING HIM WITH ANY STRUGGLES.THE AFTER SCHOOL TUTORING IN REALLY AWSOME AND HAS HELPED HIM ALOT. THANKS HALE KULA FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR OUR SON!

Posted February 11, 2013
I don't really care for Hale Kula. The teachers and office staff seem like they don't really care about the students or their education. Since this is the school most children go to when PCSing in, the classrooms are always overcrowded with sometimes 30 or more children in a class! The children get out of school every Wednesday early, and there are always reasons for them to ask for money (fund raiser, shirts, expensive field trips, etc.)

Posted January 05, 2013
I would agree with most reviews of this school. It is outdated, over crowded, lacks security, and the bathrooms are nasty, so much that my son refuses to use the bathroom at school, and I know of several other kids who are the same way. Curriculum is not standard across the board, one teacher does one thing, while another does something entirely different. Overall not impressed with this school, and we are looking to move soon, to get our kids in a better school!

Posted August 14, 2012
Im not happy with school at all!! Today I went sign my son out early from school. As I was waiting for him in the office to be walk down by an adult seeing how its 3 teachers in the classroom one should have escorted him down to the office. Instend of a little kid that look like he is no more than 5. Yrs old!! And my son is older than him!! I feel like they are lacking safely issuses here when it comes to the safely of your child they should have cameras here and guards watching at all times!! Anybody can walk upon that campus at any time and take a child in no one will know not know it!! No cameras no suvliance system at all!! And prinplce is not doing a good job at all keep our kids safe at all!! Thats why i drive back up to check up on my son!! And they dont keep the bathrooms clean at all for theses kids! Our kids deserve a better school than this!! Our soldiers do alot for our country and they cant give our kids a better school this is not ok!! This post needs to do better than this!! They are lacking atthis school and post!! Parents please stay in the states!!

Hale Kula Elementary School
Waianae and Ayres Ave, Wahiawa, HI  96786
Last modified Hale Kula Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hale Kula Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top