PK-6 & Ungraded
Waianae, HI

Makaha Elementary School 4

Posted January 17, 2014
2 of my sons attended, each until 4th grade. Hawaiian Culture is incorporated into curriculum heavily and staff is very 'tight' Beautiful campus, beautiful location Obvious drawbacks (poor peer groups, community challenges etc) If you are involved teachers and admin are 100% supportive

Makaha Elementary School 1

Posted September 04, 2012
My grandson was excited about attending his first day of school at Makaha, he is in the first grade and only weighs 40 lbs. His first day was a nightmare, he was grabbed by two 6th grade girls and brought into the girls restroom where the grabbed his arms and legs and swung him up and let him go, hitting his head on the concrete and being knocked out, they then tried to lock him in a stall. The principal refused to write an incident report and said they were not responsible for the children after the bell rang, HE WAS IN THE SCHOOL when this happened, I will, as a loving grandmother, see that this gets media attention and also a report to the school board.

Posted May 30, 2011
Aloha, Wow... I went to this school back when it just opened, back in 1961-62, and the school is how I remember it, of course there are more buildings than before.... I have a question, if anyone could help me, I have a 9 yr. old autistic grandson,they classified him as PDD, how is your teaching for children with special needs? are there children such as my grandson being taught there? My daughter moved here from Hilo to try and get better help for him, she is a single parent,I live in Hilo.. but I she is thinking of moving to Makaha...I would appreciate any response... much aloha

Makaha Elementary School 4

Posted May 18, 2008
Great programs that matched child's ability and socio-economic needs to ensure school success.

Makaha Elementary School 0

Posted December 27, 2007
This is the best thing that couls happen on the leward coast for our kids.The farm run by Mr gigi is live science bee farm fruit and vegieis grown by students.I love Makaha.

Posted November 26, 2004
My son is in 2nd grade. He is new to the school, and to the community. He and I think the school has students and teachers with the biggest hearts in the world, which makes it easier to overcome any challenge we face.

Posted May 28, 2004
both my girls go there 6th and 9th its an excellent school in the country and their farm agriculture program is hands on no other school offers it.

Makaha Elementary School
84200 Ala Naauao Place, Waianae, HI  96792
Last modified Makaha Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Makaha Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top