PK-12 & Ungraded
Public charter
Waianae, HI
Before care: Yes

Posted March 15, 2013
Thank you for this information it is very informative but where are you getting your stats from? if you don't mind me asking?

Posted July 10, 2012
They don't focus enough on the childen that are falling behind. They refuse to see and let the child struggle. It's really sad. I can't even give them 1 star. They failed my child. I did alot of one to one with my child and the teacher refused to see or even acknowledge that she has a child in her class that need special help. She insisted he didn't but recommended holding my child back in the same grade. I think the teachers need to be choosen better. This teacher will embarress your child in front of the whole class.

Kamaile Academy 2

Posted July 10, 2012
This is a good school for Hawaiian students and their families. Although there are many great teachers on staff with outstanding credentials and experience, many students and parents discriminate against Caucasian teachers. They are "always watching" to catch "non-cultural" issues and there is a lot of verbal and physical aggression and discrimination. Not a great school for students who are non-Hawaiian or not from Hawaii, period.

Posted October 13, 2010
My daughter teaches at Kamaile Academy. I have visited and love the programs there and love how they embrace the Hawaiian culture and customs, all the while educating the children in a great enviroment with wonderful results. Thank you

Posted October 13, 2010
Great things are coming out of this school!

Kamaile Academy 5

Posted October 12, 2010
I love Kamaile because of their dedication to the community and students.

Posted September 16, 2009
This school serves 780 students who are 85% Hawaiian, many from extremely poor families, almost 100 are homeless from the beaches, about 30% with special needs and 20% English language learners--yet doing a fabulous job because the keiki (kids) are loved, respected and well taught.

Posted June 04, 2008
Administration is non existent and does not follow through on what they say. My son is disabled and only when I come to campus are things done. New leadership is needed.

Posted June 04, 2008

Posted March 21, 2008
We are a proud family of Kamaile Elementary after leaving Makaha Elem I was relieved to find Kamaile Elementary. My family was going through some tough times and the school really stepped in there to help us. This was like no other school I had experienced. The Principal a kind hearted hawaiian man was ever so helpful and understanding of our situation. My children and I was financially challenged since the death of my husband and it was really diffcult times for us, Kamaile Elementary embraced us. my children struggled in other schools on the coast as we changed schools every couple of months, when they would kick us off the beaches. Kamaile always kept their door's open for my family. They helped us with camping equipment and supplies, food, clothes, hygeine products,blankets allthese things which were taken from my family during beach sweeps. Thank you Kamaile my children are thriving.

Kamaile Academy
85180 Ala Akau St, Waianae, HI  96792
Last modified Kamaile Academy is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kamaile Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top