Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

My children have attended Bliss, and over this time my children have clearly not received an adequate yearly progress that a parent would expect, especially where it is a small school. No one knows the inside of a school classroom better than the students that spend their days there. Therefore, perhaps the board or staff should ask them "if they only new," then maybe, just maybe then changes could be made. If a schools students aren't progressing, then why is it that they don't make changes in the staff? If one or two kids aren't improving, I can see that being within the child's learning, however, if there are numerous students that aren't progressing then you would think it would have to do more with the staff. So, why aren't observations and changes being made to the staff to help make these changes? Oh!! That's right, it's never the adults that are at fault for anything, it is always the students. They aren't trying, they aren't putting in enough effort, they have a learning disability, and million other excuses. Seriously, review your staff as staff, not friends. Bliss is such a small school, it should be and can be one of the most amazing schools if the right people would stand up and make an effort in doing so. Teachers shouldn't be late, students get penalized if their late. Teachers shouldn't voice negative comments to their students, as a student needs positive uplifting comments. Teachers don't follow the rules, however a student gets punished if they don't. As for the sports, what options are there? Clearly need to look into hiring outside the box instead of inside the box. Kids don't play sports to be benched due to coaches standards. Sports are for all to enjoy the hands on experience. How else are they gonna get it if you don't let them play?? Then you have the audacity to yell at them when they do get to play how they didn't do this or that! All in all, as I said before, Bliss could be an amazing small school with more student success if the they'd step up out of the "groove" they have fallen into of just "getting by." School is about the kids, and receiving the education that they are entitled to, and it's the Staff's job to provide just that. Make changes, especially if you're quick to judge the students and their abilities. I wish you the best , and may karma find you soon enough.

I would like to say first of all, I am a graduate of Bliss High School. My experience at Bliss was incredible. The teachers I had during my time there really went above and beyond to help EVERYONE achieve academic success. With the low student to teacher ratio, that gave a lot more individualized instructional time. However, despite these low student to teacher ratios, some students continue to struggle with academic success. This is not because of lack of dedication to teachers, its a combination of 1.) low income/poverty in the community 2.) low/little/no parental involvement 3.) lack of resources. Anyone considering looking at sending their children to Bliss, I would have to say a few things. The elementary school is wonderful, this would be a great introduction to caring & kind teachers to really give 1x1 instruction to your children. The high school on the other hand...is a joke. The sports are horrible (and always have been! except for soccer) there simply isn't enough kids, money, or involvement to even make sports a go. I have since then pursued a Bachelors and Masters degree(s), Bliss did not prepare me for college in Math & Science.

A great teacher, Jack Lancaster. While roping with my friend Butch Otter, we discussed. Butch particularly likes Jacks wife Debbie as she is a former Cheer Leader. You know Butch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky

Firstly, I would like to clarify that I am a former parent of two students in this school and that I think that when they voted not to build or add on they county did a wise choice. I also think that their caliber of teacher leaves a lot to be desired and that the state should look into all of their teaching cradintials because one of my boys they insisted that he be put on medication for something that he does not have and they are not qualified to make that decision. I also think that Principle should of stayed a teacher for Valley because I thought He was one of their best instead of handing him a school that should of been condimned and the studentes bussed to a better quality school like Gooding it would of been cheaper in the long run. I also believe that the teachers should not try to convince a student that he needs medication because they cant keep focused and that using the "No Child Left Behind" law as an excuse to pass him because they dont want to deal with him should mean a loss of a job. They are doing what they want and not what is best for the student. I think that the mentality the teachers have should be questioned and they all should be fired.

I think this is a double standard school. The teachers are mean and uncaring. A good part of the teachers are underqualified to teach, they are more worried about making sure the kids test high than with teaching them.

I think that Bliss High School has a lot of progress to make. When I attended Bliss High School I thought it was great until I got out into the real world. Bliss just didn't prepare me the way I believe it should have. But over all the students and majority of the staff are very kind, loving and accepting. I do appreciate all that Bliss High School did for me!

Last modified Bliss School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.