Bad
Good

My daughter just recently finished her 4th grade. She was attending Mrs. Jessika Rose's class. I was a teacher myself for about 18 years and I am in awe of the level of dedication, love and competence this teacher shows. So much energy! She is goofy but sharp, sweet but firm. She leads her class by highlighting her students main skills and personality traits and encouraging initiative. She keeps parents updated on what's going on in class in real time (we love Dojos!) and that immediate feedback is critical so we can target behaviors and class schedule priorities at home. I am proud my daughter goes to Taft. I have nothing but admiration and gratitude because of the way Taft management and educators have always treated my daughter and the high standards they follow. Mrs. Rose... I know your Gabtastic will remember you forever.

I have had both of my children attend at Taft for almost 5 years and it was amazing, but recently I have been so disappointed in actions of the school that they no longer be attend next year. For me as a parent it is very important if there is no trust and there is no communication between the school and parents it is very hard for me to leave my children in there care. But one good thing I well say about the teachers they have been amazing with my children and if it weren't for the actions of the currant leadership they would still be attending.

We moved from Meridian to Hill Rd and Taft was the school assigned to our daughter. We were a little aprehensive at first as we didn't know what to expect and we were hoping for Collister or Pierce Park because or the ratings and because some friend recommended those since apparently they are schools with a bigger budget. We had our meet and great and our 8th year old started her 3rd grade in Mrs. Bailly's class... Let me put it this way: I have never seen teachers more dedicated to the intelectual and humanistic growth of their pupils. They keep constant communication with parents regarding learning issues and different classroom dynamics; they are well prepared, well informed and they are passionate proffesionals who truly care about the kids. I've been a teacher myself for years and I expect high standards when it comes to my children's education. With Taft I have found those standards are consistently enforced and the whole staff is commited to excellence, proof that budget is not everything and that again and again is the teacher's devotion to their craft what makes the difference everywhere. Our gratitude to Taft and specially to Mrs. Bailly for the exemplary performance!

My son is not a school lover by any means but this is the best he has ever done. I am very confident that he is getting great education here. I love this school.

Overall I have been very pleased with the faculty and facilities of Taft Elementary. All of my five children attended Taft, and I now have two grandchildren going there. It is certainly one of the very best schools in Boise.

Last modified William Howard Taft Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.