Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers we have had thus far have been absolutely perfect. They have know how to help our child blossom and feel self confident.

Develops character: Strongly agree

i see these character traits taught in the classroom and hallways. I see happy children and it is inclusive; all accepted and encouraged to be a part of what is going on and what is taught. I love the parent involvement.

My granddaughter absolutely loves her classmates and teachers. She is always excited to go to school. The student led conferences are so amazing and build self confidence and ownership of the learning process.

As a parent of five children, and a school volunteer, I get to see exactly how this school works. At first I was startled that the children call the staff by their first names, and I still am. (Will always think students should call teachers by their last names.) The children get to take a few minutes away from the classroom, to clear their minds, or whatever. The children are given a lot of freedom, but you know what? it works! The children get to think by themselves better ways of handling things. There is lots of hands on work, which makes it easier to understand things. All the staff are very caring and show it, even the janitors and cook. I highly recommend this school. Kudos to you all.

Teachers are constantly scolding children for just doing what children do best, playing. They are constantly emailing us whenever my son kicks a ball in the play yard too high or doesn't sit straight on the floor. Their rigid and inflexible staff is so strict I feel like my son is always walking on egg shells and can't act himself.

I really enjoy and love this school and my son loves being here. He started here in Kindergarten and has since enjoyed his schooling. The teachers are so hands on with the students and they really get down on their level. The children learn to interact with one another and they are really respectful to each other. They recently changed curriculum for Wednesday's to C3 and my son still enjoys it. I like that they are expected to actively participate and engage on all levels. They're taught to think outside the box, not just in. My child wouldn't want to go anywhere else!

Anser is terrific! It is everything you want in a school for your child. As an Expeditionary Learning School it focuses on academics through indepth and hands on projects. They also grow your child's character in a positive way.

There are much much better schools than Anser. Don't buy the line of talk about this being the premier school in the Treasure Valley. The school does some interesting things but doesn't prepare most students for the rigors of high school and college. Of course there will be the student or two or three who does well. That is to be expected in any school. My point is, it's not because of Answer. The problems with the culture of the school are very troubling. Other than individuals in the inner circle, it is a hateful, uptight place for students and parents alike.

The PR this school gets is out of control. Its spin machine tells a story much different than the reality of the school. Caution. Boise public schools are excellent, and this charter school isn't all it's cracked up to be. Don't worry if your kid doesn't get in the kindergarten lottery (most don't). Consider it a blessing in disguise.

I was a student at Anser for four years, grades 5-8. My review is, horrors! Not warm & fuzzy! My parents aren't rich, elected officials, or business leaders. I came in late. 5th grade. I am and was not weird, delayed, "special needs" or dumb, just a 10 year old kid looking to be accepted in a new school. Silly me. These students were stuck like glue together since they were 5 years old. They were superior to the kids who came later (well, the pretty and handsome kids were accepted right away of course). Their parents were elitist, too. I saw parents who came in late. Like me. They and their kids looked as left out as I ALWAYS felt EVERY DAY at this school for four years. Coming in to this caste system at 10 years of age was horrifying. Why does everyone think anser is so tolerant, warm, understanding? The teachers and staff like to think it is, so it must be. They never paid serious attention to those of us who were outside of the main groups. They never chose to do anything about how those popular kids ignored us at recess, before school, on field trips, CBC, electives (which were a nitemare for an unpopular kid so I was ":sick" a lot on those days) & at morning assembly.

Last modified Anser Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.