Posted August 07, 2014
My son attended Boulder Creek Academy from 2008-2010. Initially impressed, I felt safe that my son was getting the help he needed in a safe and therapeutic environment. However, in hindsight, my ignorance was bliss. It was difficult to communicate with my son via weekly monitored phone calls, and visiting required a hefty sum of money. Despite all of this, he graduated BCA in 2010 with "incredible success". However, I'm not quite sure this resulted in anything positive. My son has shown the most growth since returning home, and that's because the majority of "tools" and "skills" BCA taught him in their workshops provided weren't very applicable to the outside world. My son also had a tough time adapting back home due to being contained in such an isolated environment. After a year of having him return home, my wife and I found a program that offered the same features BCA claimed, however they were able to achieve results I hadn't even thought possible. I'd think very carefully before sending your son or daughter here, and look at your other options thoroughly as well.

Boulder Creek Academy 5

Posted May 22, 2012
We are extremely happy with this school. Our daughter's entire perspective on life has changed for the better because of this school. We have searched for years for a school just like this one. If you have a special needs child who is high functioning, and are looking for an alternative educational experience with a strong adventure ed component, you need to take a look at this school!

Boulder Creek Academy 4

Posted June 17, 2011
Our experience as parents was positive over all. We especially found the adventure education component a great way to rebuild our relationship with our child.

Posted March 04, 2011
Please do not send your student to this school. I am a previous student that attended bcc for 3 months before my parents realized how big of a waste it was. If you value your child...Please do not send them to this institution.

Posted May 16, 2009