Eagle High School

Public | 9-12 | 1549 students

Sweep tile

Posted January 26, 2014

Coming from Scottsdale, AZ it is humorous that these kids think they know money. Socially these kids are taught very little. Disrespectful, bratty individuals are high in numbers at this school. The good news is that for the kids who are better rounded there is hiking, skiing, golfing, room to rollerblade, and explore. I enjoy watching my youths growth, and our family refuses to treat others negatively due to our financial blessings. If other parents thought this way, the school would be much more inviting.

Posted September 5, 2013

From the Janitor to the Principal, great kis, great school. I feel lucky the my chidren were able to attend. Thanks Eagle High.

Posted June 28, 2013

The students I spent my time with all had been, for the most part, stuck-up kids who really have no consideration for others. The teachers I had and genuinely liked is at a low number of five, and I didn't even get four of them until I was a senior. The administration were the most annoying bunch I've ever seen. They're way too obsessed with enforcing these pointless rules than they are making sure students are legitimately happy and learning. If you have to, sure, send your kids here. But don't be surprised if they end up hating it.

Posted December 20, 2012

High school is what you make of it and for my kids they have had great opportunities to attend challenging classes with excellent/caring teachers. This school also offers many honors, AP and concurrent classes. The school district overall offers many options for parents and their children....not only for college bound students but vocational opportunities as well. There's no excuse for a child in this district to not get a great education because there is something out there for any child depending what direction they want go in in the future as long as they are willing to learn and work hard.

Posted April 15, 2011

Although not a perfect school, I am quite impressed with most aspects of Eagle High School. In California my son would have had to pass through metal detectors daily, been careful what color he wore because of gang violence, the teachers and administrators openly attacked social viewpoints different from their own, they did not want parent input and directly told us that they knew better than we did what was best for our children. Academically they spent more time on social education than core subjects. I have found the administration at EHS willing to listen and very professional. There are many supportive, friendly students and parents for the arts/music as well as sports. Kids have ample opportunity to be involved and to succeed at EHS. There are a few teachers which could improve on preparing the kids for college in their respective subjects, but I have found that most of them are interested in the success of the kids.

Posted March 22, 2011

I currently attend this school. I am a junior, and I didn't even know who our principle was until a few months ago, and i consider myself an involved student. School spirit is zero, although attendance during games is usually pretty good. the honors and AP programs are also excellent. The administration's control of the school really stinks, but the academics are great. They need to spend less time making stupid rules and more time out among the students so that we are comfortable talking to them instead of asking who the principle is.

Posted April 16, 2009

I've gone to Eagle the last four years and I have really enjoyed it. I got lucky in getting a lot of really great teachers though. Mrs. Chumbley, Mr. Fedigan, Ms. Harrison, Mr. Collins to name a few. I think it is run fairly well and the academics are really good. Its a fun atomoshere to learn in and its got a lot of spirit. The extracurricular activites are good. The chior, drama, football, volleyball programs are great. This school is known to be a bit cliquey among the Treasure Valley High Schools. But I feel like Eagle has prepared me for college and I got to say I'm going to miss it! Mustangs forever!!

Posted March 29, 2009

Eagle High School would be a great place to learn, but the majority of students make it a terrible place to learn. There is prejudice, negativity, and unacceptable behavior in the hallways. The administration does little to nothing to end these things and focuses more on making sure the students are where they are supposed to be and adhere to strict and pointless policies. The teachers are nice, and constantly show a will to teach and do so in an excellent manner. It's too bad that administration and misbehaving students ruin it for those who really do care. Also, extracurricular activities (besides football) seem to be passed over by administration. The music programs are a common culprit of poor decision making on the administration's end.

Posted February 13, 2009

If management is doing things right and leadership is doing the right thing, EHS is in th ewrost hands in the valley. Administration is biased as to students and parents...teachers lack any sort of comittment to the kids, and the students could care less about the emotional, physical or spiritual well-being of others. The lack of leadership exhibits itself well when you see no one at the games, no one in the halls, no one addressing students needs, and certainly no attention to the tax payers who want the school to succeed.

Posted August 21, 2008

I am not sure if its a trend in all schools but very few of the teachers care about whether a student is learning or not. I am disappointed by the leadership at the school, with very little effort to try to improve the teaching and overall educational environment. Also, one of our children has dyslexia and the support is more lip service than anything. Some teachers have supported well, but very poorly coordinated unless we as parents ran the coordination. Lots of pretentiousness, with many parents trying to buy influence, especially in the sports programs.

Posted March 9, 2008

Eagle High School, this school is one of the worst schools any parent could send their children to. The teachers are amazing but the way the principles and higher staff run the school just puts the school on a low level. They do NOT know how to run things. Our main principle is pretty good at what he does but the others just think they are better than everyone else. They pick out teachers & students and single them out and punish them for things that are truely uncalled for. If iI was a parent I would choose one of the other schools to send my child to.

Posted February 22, 2008

I am a parent of two band students. I think the school has been good in general for my two kids, but see a great lack of support by the administration for a program that involves so many children as the band. The band has improved drastically over the past three years and yet no recognition is given of their existence by the administration, no 'good job!' when they perform, no 'hi, guys, glad you're here!' at games. It is disheartening for the kids who work so hard and have accomplished so much. The coaches, however, have greatly appreciated the band and express their appreciation. This is wonderful at Eagle High, to have sports teams and band working together and appreciating each other! I rate Eagle's academic experience as pretty good for my students. They have done well and had a decent experience so far academically. Glad we moved here.

Posted January 25, 2008

I'm currently a student here, and I honestly cannot wait to graduate. With the exception of Mr. Dempsey, Mrs. Chumbley, and Mr. Collins, almost every teacher I encountered was underqualified and absolutely lacked any sort of passion with regards to their subject. The administration focuses on the rule of law far more than comprehension and understanding. This is no learning environment--it is an insult to the word 'education.'

Posted August 10, 2007

I am going to be a soph and so far i love the school. Curriculum and teachers as well. Mr. Fedigan rocks!

Posted April 2, 2007

I have been a student at Eagle High School for the past four years and I am getting ready to graduate in a couple months. I have loved my time at Eagle. The teachers care about the students, the sports teams are successful, and the honors/AP programs are excellent. Eagle High has been, academically, the best school in the state for the past several years. All in all, I am glad that I was able to spend my high school years at Eagle. It has been an experience I won't soon forget. Go Mustangs!

Posted February 12, 2007

As a former teacher of EHS I can honestly say that the whole school is a mess. The administration cares more about ISAT scores and funding for their sports programs than anything else. I would never send my own child to EHS. I have since left the school and the district due to the lack of support on the part of the administration. Kids are not adequately served at Eagle High School. Safety, security, support, or overall student happiness are not characteristics of EHS.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 29, 2007

I hated Eagle High School, I went there all four years and each year deteriorated more and more. New rules, restrictions, less fun. By the time I was a senior I had early release and didn't get involved with any sports or extracur.too many politics, very overrated. The teachers are Eagle are horrible, I've learned more in one semester of college than I did in all four years. I'm extremely glad that 'experience' is over. All the kids spending their parents money and driving expensive cars.it was a joke. Very superficial.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 1, 2006

I am a student at EHS and i think that the school is an OK school. The sports that we play do have a big impact on us. We don't really have a focus point in this school. Music and art seem to be doing just fine, however i believe that they need to be recognized more. I also have to say that the majority of students are able to walk the halls without being scared. yes, there IS some bullying, but there is NO school where that doesn't happen. Parents need to understand that their child/ren are safe. Yes, its nice to get help from parents when doing outside activities, but we understand your busy schedules.

Posted February 28, 2006

I am a student at Eagle High School and though i do complain about parts of the administration i think that most of our programs and teachers care. Especially the honors and AP teachers. Arts does need more funding but that is a district problem not a school problem. As for the drugs, profanity, crowding, sex, and violence i suggest you go to a school somewhere else and see how it compares. The early graduation rate is because people want to get out of high school period. It's not because they want to get out of Eagle High School necessarily. THose who get involved and show a good attitude toward life and school will see how much they can get out of it.

Posted January 11, 2006

Eagle High is a large school--many students get lost.
—Submitted by a former student

Language Usage

The state average for Language Usage was 62% in 2013.

418 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 67% in 2013.

418 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 82% in 2013.

419 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Idaho used the Idaho Standards Achievement Test (ISAT) to test students in grades 3 through 10 in reading, math and language usage, and in grades 5, 7 and 10 in science. Students may also take the ISAT in grades 11 or 12 if they were not able to do so in grade 10. The scores from the spring administration are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The grade 10 ISAT is a high school graduation requirement. The ISAT is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering the specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Idaho. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Language Usage

The state average for Language Usage was 72% in 2013.

417 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2013.

420 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 89% in 2013.

420 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

417 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Language Usage

The state average for Language Usage was 24% in 2013.

36 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 25% in 2013.

32 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 38% in 2013.

21 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Language Usage

The state average for Language Usage was 19% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 19% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 29% in 2013.

All Students70%

White93%
Economically disadvantaged80%
Special education48%
Scale: % proficient or advanced

The different student groups are identified by the Idaho Department of Education. If there are fewer than 11 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students83%

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 14%N/A45%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Arts & music

Staff resources available to students
  • Art teacher(s)
  • Assistant principal(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Transportation options

Music
  • Band
  • Orchestra

School culture

• Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

574 North Park Ln