Monticello Montessori Charter School 5

Posted August 30, 2014
For my son, who can be shy and anxious, is intelligent but a perfectionist and loves focusing on particular topics- ex. Countries, animals, etc. this was an amazing environment for his kindergarten year. By the time he finished he had pretty much mastered most 1st grade concepts in math and reading. He enjoyed challenging himself and doing independent work and was allowed to open up at his own pace. While I agree it is not a match for all children I think in his class there was only a couple children who struggles- most would probably have extra needs such as ADHD so would probably struggle more in a typical setting .

Posted May 01, 2014
We must have the same class. I have a student in one of the 1st/2nd classrooms. I have been going 2 days a week about 5 hours per week. I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm sure the teacher is frustrated (the parents are as well). If it wasn't so late in the year we would remove our student. I can really say my child hasn't learned much at school this year.

Posted April 30, 2014
If your kids are organized, self-motivated, and not really talkative with other kids, they will probably do okay at the school. If your kids need extra/frequent help, like to talk with other kids, aren't self-motivated, or aren't very organized, putting them in this learning environment won't be doing them any educational favors. There are 28 kids in my son's classroom. There is one teacher and one aide who is only available for two hours a day. When you have 28 kids working on different things (as is done in a Montessori classroom), it's easy to see how there aren't enough adults. While the kids wait for the teacher to help them or check their work, they talk with other kids, wander around the classroom, and play with stuff they're not supposed to get into. This is also what a lot of kids do who are just bored. In my son's 1st/2nd grade classroom, there are only about 7-8 kids who stay focused on their own work. The rest of the kids work in bursts. Whenever the teacher yells at them, they sit down and work for a few minutes until she's distracted again. This is mainly a problem because there aren't enough adults in the room. (I spend 6 hours a week in my son's classroom.)

Posted August 13, 2013
Monticello Montessori started out as a great school but it has gone down hill since then. There have been to many changes to the staff and the student teacher ratio is to high. The administrator doesn't care about what parents and teachers think he wants things done his way. The school doesn't follow the Montessori method anymore. If you are looking for a Charter school for your child this is not the place to send them. there are several other Charter schools in the area that are doing much better than this school where parents want to send their children. Don't send your child to this school you will only regret it.

Monticello Montessori Charter School 5

Posted June 30, 2013
Great school! Teachers are hardworking and go out of their way. Love the hands on methods and the small class size!

Monticello Montessori Charter School
2184 Channing Way 101, Idaho Falls, ID  83404
Last modified Monticello Montessori Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monticello Montessori Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top