No rating

Snake River Montessori School

Private | PK-6

Living in Idaho Falls

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $130,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $670.

Posted April 30, 2014

This school is an incredible find in Eastern Idaho - we are so grateful we can send our children there. I have never met such a dedicated group of teachers - not only do they teach, but they put in countless hours volunteering on behalf of the school. Thank you!

Posted February 6, 2014

This school provides the best possible start that you can give your child in Idaho Falls. The Montessori style of education is what sets it apart. Additionally the professionalism of the staff, devotion of the teachers, and excellence of the facilities are all reasons why this is the best PreK-6th grade school in town. The Montessori method encourages that children should begin the learning process before Kindergarten and SRMS accepts kids as soon as they are potty trained. My daughter started when she was 3. She is now in the 2nd grade and recently scored a 6.2 on the STAR test meaning that she is reading at a 6th grade level. You need to visit this school before settling on another school.

Posted November 4, 2013

Definitely made the right choice for school in Idaho Falls! My son is in his second year of preschool and I am so impressed with how much he is learning and how much fun he is having. I love that he is in a class room with 3,4 and 5 year olds. He learns from the older students and is a "big kid" to the younger ones. Definitely not a place you just drop your kid off and do not get involved. It does require parent involvement, but that is what makes the school so great.

Posted November 1, 2013

After graduating college with a degree in elementary education, I began my job hunt. I knew Snake River Montessori was a good school from watching my youngest sister learn and grow while attending SRMS. When I learned of a job opening at SRMS, I immediately applied for the position. Shortly after accepting the job, I was headed to Montessori teacher training in Colorado. I had no idea just how life changing it would be to get my Montessori teaching certificate and join the amazing SRMS staff and community. As a teacher, this approach to education is so satisfying and exciting. I love watching the children grow and learn at their own pace. I enjoy the freedom to be creative as a teacher and not be confined to a scripted curriculum. My students aren't learning things because they will be tested on them later. They are learning life skills, figuring out their place in the universe, developing a love of all living things, and following their interests. We encourage independence and show the children respect. I am now in my third year at SRMS and can't imagine teaching anywhere else.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 31, 2013

I went looking for the best grade school in Idaho Falls and I think I found it. The school concept is to let each child excel at what they are good at and help them with what they struggle with. My daughter has been there now for seven years and I would not consider sending her anywhere else. I like the teacher and their willingness to help with all situations. They want to know of any problems your child is facing at school and at home. They are attentive and caring. Each child is encouraged to move ahead in any subject they excel at but at the same time they get help is areas where they might have trouble. The only thing I can think of that would make the school better is if they had a hot lunch program for the first through sixth graders. But I think that is a small inconvenience. After having my oldest daughter go through public school, I knew I had to do something better for my youngest daughter. I definitely found it at Snake River Montessori School.

Posted October 30, 2013

We are so thankful to the staff at the Snake River Montessori School for providing an exceptional education experience for our three children, two of which, after attending SRMS through six grade, have moved on to public education and are thriving very well. Snake River Montessori School is an education gem in South Eastern Idaho!!

Posted October 23, 2013

Snake River Montessori School is a fantastic school. The focus is on developing each child's individual potential. The Montessori method of teaching provides a far more stimulating and tactile learning environment than possible in underfunded and overcrowded public schools. Children learn to be responsible for their learning environment, peer relationships, and planning and completing work to achieve their goals.

Posted October 17, 2013

My daughter attends Snake River Montessori and it i just the most amazing school for her. The academics is awesome and fun to learn. The staff is just wonderful. My daughter is nourishing her potential. She is also expanding her mind.

Posted October 11, 2012

This is the best school in the area. The teachers really do have a passion for their work and it shows in the childrens' ability to excel in their learning. The Montessori method allows children to work at their own pace and finds what works best to help them excel in their studies. I love how our school uses Science Trek and Teton Science School as part of the curriculum to offer a unique learning experience for our students. We had originally planned on only attending Snake River Montessori for pre-school and kindergarten but after seeing how my son thrived in this environment we decided to continue on through the 6th grade. As with any private, tuition based school, it can be financially challenging at times but this school is completely worth the sacrifice. The dedication of the teachers and staff and the wonderful family environment truly makes this school the best school in Eastern Idaho.

Posted October 11, 2012

Great staff and facilities. Not a better school in Idaho Falls. The preschool program gets kids off to a nice start.

Posted October 11, 2012

A wonderful investment in my child's future. It is so nice having her attend a school with children who's parents and teachers have a common belief in education. She loves going to school.

Posted August 31, 2010

Couldn't ask for a better school! The kids love learning! My oldest started reading chapter books in Kindergarden--and is now an avid reader well above grade level. Montessori perspective really does help each kid find their particular way they learn best. You must visit the classroom and have a student describe to you what they are working on. All the teachers are fabulous--but the Art teacher is top notch! You can't go wrong with this school. Once you walk in the door--and see for yourself--you'll know there is no other comparison. Families and teachers/administration all work together and show their dedication to making sure the kids know how important education really is. You really get what you pay for in this school!

Posted August 16, 2010

Top notch teachers and administration encourages creative thinking. Our son enjoys the learning enviroment and the extra ativities provided.

Posted February 5, 2009

A wonderful child centered school were each child is allowed to work at their own pace. Small class sizes with a wonderful caring staff. Great community of parents as well.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 9% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • AMS

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2970 1st St