297 students|Lapwai District

Bad
Good

Lapwai Elementary School 5

Posted July 21, 2004
My son has attended Lapwai Elementary the last 2 years and has learned so much more than in the school he attended before moving here. He is challenged everyday and enjoys learning. Parents are encouraged to be active in their childs education and many, many parents show up for all kinds of family activities. We love this school!

Lapwai Elementary School 4

Posted April 19, 2004
My daughter just transfered here from New York and so far it is great. My daughter is in 5th grade and the work is actually a challenge, which I am glad. I didn't like it too much when I was young because they had the classes split up with one faster class and slower class, which I didn't think was fair. The teacher should be able to account for harder and easier learners and to keep up the positive attitudes that they all are going to move up in knowledge. Some students would tease others because they were in the easier class. One thing is that they don't send home much home work, although in New York it did take up most my evening, but she grew from it. She is doing fine, but I hope she will have the same level as other states.

Lapwai Elementary School 4

Posted September 16, 2003
As a single mother, I would recommend this school to new parents of Elementary-age students, either already in the area or in the process of moving to the area. My son attended Nez Perce Tribe Early Childhood Development Program who serve children between the ages of 3-5 and was in the process of being transferred to the Lapwai Elementary School District I liked the smooth transition they gave my son. As I enrolled my 6 yr. old son into this school, they work very hard and made it a goal of I (the parent) and they (the teacher) in teaching my son to read but they encrouaged it and made it fun for all of us. I also like the cultural diversity as it is located on the Nez Perce Indian Reservation and recognize all nationalities. Just give it a try like I did!! It's your child's education.

Lapwai Elementary School
170 Agency Rd, Lapwai, ID  83540
Last modified Lapwai Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.