Meridian, ID

Ponderosa Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2014
The teachers and staff are very nice and always helpful when I have questions. They are very focus on encouraging kids to be more active, and receive rewards for exercising during recess. My kids have learned well what s in the curriculum for Idaho, but I think there is space for more academic activities in the school. The science fair is the only after class activity during the year that involves academics, and it s very underwhelming. I think the PTA and the staff do the best they can with the little help they get from parents and the state. Overall, is a nice environment, they are very pro-active on preventing bullying, and my kids are very happy in the school.

Posted April 26, 2014
This school has been very helpful. I have had my grandkids going there for 5 years now..they work with each kid as a individual Not as a group..I think that's great.. Andi think that is great..

Posted April 25, 2014
Ponderosa Elementary puts emphasis not only on the academics of children but also the health of children. The school is known for its ever popular Pacer Program. Children have the option to spend their recess time running on the pacer track. Children are given pacer sticks after every lap which they turn in to get marked off on their 25 mile pacer card. Incentives are awarded after every 25 miles. As an example, my son has earned three necklace charms representing each of his 25 miles this year. For running 75 miles total, he has the opportunity to attend a special Summer Wind Skippers assembly. As a result, he loves school and has a positive self esteem due to his achievement. I have also experienced excellent teachers and an engaged principal.

Posted February 23, 2010
We have 2nd, 3rd and 5th grade students at Ponderosa and absolutely love the school and staff. They are very aware of each and every student and he/she's personal needs. This extends past the classroom, playground, and into our home. If our kids have a problem related to academics or social issues, the staff at Ponderosa goes above and beyond to make sure the issues get handled. It is nice to see a school in this day and age that really cares what kind of people they are turning out when the kids move on.

Posted February 01, 2010
I have a K and a 2nd grader here at Ponderosa. It is our first year here and so far it has been wonderful! Our teachers are amazing, I LOVE this school!

Posted October 07, 2009
I have had 4 children enrolled over the last few years. The teachers, the staff have all been excellent.

Ponderosa Elementary School 0

Posted April 13, 2009
Ponderosa school administration told me that my son definitely needed additional help in reading but the districts qualifacations for tutoring wouldn't allow him the help he needs and that I should consider he attend a Boise school thru open enrollment when I live in this elementary school area. I work in Boise so I will make the sacrafice but i would advise other parents to be aware of the lack of support. This district cares more about the bottom line.

Posted August 11, 2008

Posted August 27, 2007
Excellent and caring teachers!

Posted August 13, 2007

Ponderosa Elementary School
2950 North Naomi, Meridian, ID  83642
Last modified Ponderosa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ponderosa Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top