West Middle School 2

Posted November 26, 2013
My son came from the Kuna school district and I loved it. We moved to Nampa and did not expect the schools to be much different. Man was I wrong. My son has a IEP program for reading and it took them almost 3 months to put him in the class he needed. I tried to keep up to date with all his teachers about his grades and most of the time I would never get a email or message back from his teachers. My other two kids are at Central Elementary and I have zero issues. I have already tried to see about getting my kids into a Charter school. I really miss the Kuna District. West Middle School is not a good choice for your kids if you want them to actually succeed or if you want the teachers to get back with you at all to let you know what you can do to help your child out.

Posted July 30, 2013
Honestly, when i first came to west, i've heard terrible rumors.. The "gangster school" was what my elementary called it, and when if first arrived, I was unsure, but my isp teacher, mr. hellwage, was the best teacher ever, and seriously cared if you did your work, and did it on time! All the other teachers i saw didn't just let delinquents get away with slacking off! Not only are the teachers for both 7th and 6th grade awesome, the people there are not what people say they are. The cliques were pretty definite, but everyone gets along, from the gothic, to the pop, to the weirdos! I honestly can't say i've ever witnessed the so called "gangster" activity that has infamously spread throughout the community. I suggest this school highly.

Posted January 30, 2012
I have a special needs child with Down Syndrome and Katie Mason the Resource teacher is Awsome!!. The principal was a special needs teacher also. They are both on top of their game and I am totally happy with their program for Michael. One reason my child likes to go to West is the choir teacher, Mr. Ledbetter. The kids really like him and Michael talks about choir and his friends in choir all the time. Mr. Kincheloe , Dean of Students, is a wonderful role model to the students. My children have had him for a teacher and a Karate instructor. He is awsome! Mrs. Neville is a wonderful ISP teacher. She really includes Michael in the class and they play dodge ball and somehow Michael always gets a can of pop as a prize each week. The students in the class are kind to Michael and I really appreciate it!!!

Posted June 05, 2011
I just Graduated from WMS and love every minute of it. The principal was the best, and all the teachers there care about the education the kids get when the just enter. West Middle School to me has the best leadership. All the staff that work there have the best intentions to make your child ready for high school, and the future. I don't think any of the programs your child will possibly try for are even challenging, and I'm a student, ready to go to high school and do my best to keep my grades up.

West Middle School 0

Posted April 30, 2010
It is a great school, which is dedicated to making sure that the students receive the best possible education

West Middle School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
I see how hard this school works with reduced finances, more students than any other that have reduced or free lunches, and teacher purchased supplies but yet their test scores are high in most areas and the teachers are super. It takes a special team of teachers to teach in this type of environment and West Middle School has the best!

Posted March 13, 2009
Some of the other reviews arent right. I went here for 6th, 7th, and 8th, and loved every moment. The teachers do alot to help us children, and the parents get called for disaplinary reasons is the kids fault, not the schools. The teachers really care, and its a beutiful area to enroll ur kid.

West Middle School 4

Posted February 07, 2009
I have been a teacher at West for over 15 years and it may be true this school has been through many changes it has been difficult for everyone involved. But one thing that is consistent at West the staff truly cares about kids and their future in education and the real world. As a teacher I am asked to do many other things than educate your child but it's a pleasure to know I have helped my students to grow not only academically but emotionally, socially, and physically. Our students are very important to us and we know that many of kids haven't had the best offered to them from the real world. Our school offers an environment that is safe and comfortable to our students' learning needs. As teachers we go beyond the day looking for options and improvements to meet our students' learning needs.

West Middle School 4

Posted January 27, 2009
West middle school is so great and jaimee fickle is my favorite teach and is really nice

Posted January 27, 2009
As a teacher and a parent, I know the frustrations of working with children. My son tests me at home as do my students at school. Why? Well, becaue they are children and they are learning. Sometimes we forget that both the parent and the teacher want the same thing. As a community, we want the same things for our kids as well. We want mature, capable, and independent people who can handle being a part of our society. Teachers work with hundreds of students a day, every day; each with their own issues and quirks. As parents we have a much smaller number. It's easy to point out what we think our teachers aren't doing for our kids, and where does that get us? We all have to work together for our kids, because ultimately that's who we are there for.

West Middle School
28 South Midland blvd, Nampa, ID  83651
Last modified West Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews.