Pocatello, ID

Syringa Elementary School 5

Posted June 07, 2014
Syringa teachers and staff work incredibly hard to provide a quality and loving education for its students. Syringa is a 5 Star rated school and has a great relationship with its PTA and surrounding community. I have had a son at Syringa and next year I hope to have my daughter there as well. It is safe and has educators who truly care about the students and parents. Syringa has some exciting new teachers and administers in the coming year.

Syringa Elementary School 2

Posted September 23, 2013
Both of my kids have gone here since kindergarten. I LOVED their kindergarten teacher. It went down hill from there. When the new principal came....It went even further down. The school itself is good. The office secretary is WONDERFUL. This year, they lost one of the best teachers they have had or will ever had. I CANNOT STAND the new principal. Your child is a dollar sign to her. If you can help it, have your kids go somewhere else.

Syringa Elementary School 0

Posted April 23, 2010
I have been very pleased with Syringa. I have had 2 children attend over the last 3 yrs and 1 more next yr. As with all schoold there can be problems, but as a parent you have to stay involved. The PTA is wonderful and the teachers we have been blessed with will be called our 'friends' forever!

Syringa Elementary School 5

Posted December 20, 2009
My children have attended Syringa for 6 years, and I will have children there for the next 8 years. We have no plans to change schools or move to a new neighborhood. I have had wonderful experiences with the staff & Syringa has the best PTA in the district! All schools have some internal issues, and ours is not immune to this, however, I am confident that our administration and staff handle every situation with respect, dignity, and fairness.

Syringa Elementary School 0

Posted December 16, 2009
i can not begin to thank the staff of this school for the understanding and help that you have given me and my son, i can only hope that all children have the pleasuer that we have had. thank you

Syringa Elementary School 4

Posted May 12, 2008
I have two children attending this school and several friends with children at the school. Parents are welcomed and encouraged to participate. Both of my children have had a great experience. It all depends on your own involvement as a parent.

Syringa Elementary School 2

Posted May 27, 2007
I have seven children four of which have attended Syringa. We have been less than pleased with our family's overall experience with this school. There isn't a lot of parent involvement, school discipline is very negative and nonproductive. Some of our teachers have been great but others have been horrible. The overall experience is one my children do not want to have again.

Syringa Elementary School 4

Posted May 04, 2005
My daughter has attended this school for kindergarten and first grade. Her teachers have been wonderful and have welcomed me into the classroom at any time. Her teachers have been willing to discuss her progress and give me tips on what I need to work on with her at home any time I have asked. There seems to be a good mixture of experienced teachers and fresh ones as well. The downside is that there seems to be a high 'turnover' rate. Several of her friends have moved away and I hear it is common in that area.

Syringa Elementary School
388 East Griffith Rd, Pocatello, ID  83201
Last modified Syringa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Syringa Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top