Bad
Good

I currently have 2 children enrolled at Tyhee. I have been very pleased with the school, and the quality of education they have received. Teacher's at Tyhee recognized that my son needed a little extra challenge and recommended him for the G.A.T.E. program. I was initially concerned before sending the kids to Tyhee because of low test scores, etc, but I am happy to say that my fears were ungrounded. I have been truly impressed by District 25 as a whole and Tyhee in particular.

My 3 kids have attended Tyhee, off and on, since 1998 and I can tell you the teachers are WONDERFUL and NOT to blame for low test scores. In 2006 we received a new Principal Steven Andersen, who put the motivation, discipline and respect back into our school, which is what the school as a whole needed BADLY! Last year was the BEST by far of all the yrs at Tyhee. I have no doubt Mr. Andersen will motivate the students to learn, study and pass the necessary tests. The teachers are VERY qualified and no improvement needed in my opinion. I am an involved parent and moved my older kids to another school, being disappointed in leadership we came back to try again, was going to put in for another transfer until I heard we were getting new leadership, GLAD we stayed.

Last modified Tyhee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.