Tyhee Elementary School 4

Posted February 16, 2010
I currently have 2 children enrolled at Tyhee. I have been very pleased with the school, and the quality of education they have received. Teacher's at Tyhee recognized that my son needed a little extra challenge and recommended him for the G.A.T.E. program. I was initially concerned before sending the kids to Tyhee because of low test scores, etc, but I am happy to say that my fears were ungrounded. I have been truly impressed by District 25 as a whole and Tyhee in particular.

Tyhee Elementary School 5

Posted August 31, 2007
My 3 kids have attended Tyhee, off and on, since 1998 and I can tell you the teachers are WONDERFUL and NOT to blame for low test scores. In 2006 we received a new Principal Steven Andersen, who put the motivation, discipline and respect back into our school, which is what the school as a whole needed BADLY! Last year was the BEST by far of all the yrs at Tyhee. I have no doubt Mr. Andersen will motivate the students to learn, study and pass the necessary tests. The teachers are VERY qualified and no improvement needed in my opinion. I am an involved parent and moved my older kids to another school, being disappointed in leadership we came back to try again, was going to put in for another transfer until I heard we were getting new leadership, GLAD we stayed.

Tyhee Elementary School 4

Posted November 13, 2005
I am very pleased with the progress my children have made at Tyhee. Prior to attending Tyhee, they were enrolled in a private school. Upon arriaval they were lagging, their progress has been amazing. The school as a whole cannot be blamed for poor teachers, every school has them. This large school has a rich cultural enviorment and many loving caring staff members. Your child's academic career is what you as the parent makes of it. I have had nothing but possitive exeriences with the principle Lyla. Thumbs up!!!

Tyhee Elementary School 2

Posted March 24, 2005
My daughter was bullied (hit, bitten, etc.) while in 1st grade and the principal did very little to help the situation. We ended up transferring her and her brothers to Chubbuck Elementary nearby. Tyhee just was not a positive experience for our family. I think the teacher morale is low and principal leadership is next to none.

Tyhee Elementary School
12743 West Tyhee Rd, Pocatello, ID  83202
Last modified Tyhee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tyhee Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top