PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

We have 2 children enrolled in Grace. We love this school and all of the caring teachers and staff. We have one in the preschool and he has had a phenomenal experience. We couldnt ask for a better school.

My daughter is in Kindergarten at GLS. This school is fantastic. The teachers are helpful and concerned. The principle is involved. I had my daughter in Pre-K 4 at the Early Learning Center at Grace. I almost took her out of Grace because the Pre-K 4 teacher was not the best. She was not concerned with much other than sitting in her chair all day and taking off when her son was ill - which was about once a week. She also has favorites. She does not hold a college degree but felt that my daughter would not be able to keep up in Kindergarten, yet my daughter is doing fine in Kindergarten there at Grace while some of the other students from her class are not doing as well - and she did not tell their parents that the should not move to Kindergarten. I don't want to say the teacher's name on here, you will know her if you have her. Regardless of the experience in Pre-K 4, I am really glad we kept our daughter in Grace. We had the opportunity to put her in another private school in the area and decided not to, and that was the right decision. The Principal is excellent and so are the Kindergarten teachers. Just put your children in Pre school somewhere else.

Teachers are amazing. High expectations with lots of love. Don't enroll if you are not willing to have your child learn to put forth a strong effort.

Grace is a top notch school, a rare jewel in the gem state. Not only do they have progressive technologies, they start Spanish in the first grade. My daughter started attending in their Pre-K3 program and now is going into fifth grade. I have heard the standard complaints people make about any school, but I look at the fact that my child assists her five year senior sister with her public school homework. The teachers are paid less than their public school counterparts, the administration of the school is always streamlining efficiency to maximize the value of each tuition dollar. I considered a move to Washington and found a similar school had a tuition rate nearly 5 times that of Grace. This is the perfect place to establish the life long foundation of learning.

I have 4 children at Grace Lutheran and am amazed at the advancement of all four of my children. This year my oldest boy is in a math class that is studying the same material as a 7th grade student as my oldest daughter that is in andanced placement math (algebra 2) as a Junior in Highschool.

Grace Lutheran is a proven quality school. On the state wide tests the school ranked number 2 of over Idaho 350 schools for grades 3-5 and number 1 of over 170 state junior high schools. The building is clean, modern and has a great level of technology. Grace Lutheran was named an Idaho Merit School and a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence. The hot lunch program is on site and serves high quality food that my children enjoy. The school has two modern playgrounds and the library was just doubled in size. Grace Lutheran has religious lessons that are appropriate for all denominations. The teachers are firm but the students seem happy and like to attend. Overall I believe that a firm teacher makes for a happier school because the children feel safe. The school does charge tuition but the product is absolutely worth it.

I have had my 2 children there since preschool and have been very happy. 2008 ISAT results: 3rd grade & 4th grades tied for 2nd in the state out of 357 schools, was the information I have. Thought I would post this info since it is not posted because it is a private school

We have 2 kids attending Grace, it's expensive but it's worth it. We could have more house and newer cars, but their education is more important to us than having nice stuff. Both kids are excelling academically and have great study habits, something they didn't get from me. Grace can seem a little strict, but in other ways it provides more freedom than the norm. Our kids can say the pledge of allegance in class and pray if they like, or not. Kids from all religions and backgrounds go to Grace, because it's a superior school with a healthy environment. Sending our kids to Grace has been like buying an insurance policy insuring their academic success and future. We are confident that our kids will excel in high school, college and in life, because of the foundations they've received at Grace. What's more important than that?

This is a great school academically and spiritually. But I also agree with the tuition being more than double when you go from prek to kindergarten. Being a middle class citizen with only 2 kids would be hard to fiancially be able to do it without some help. We figure it will cost us almost 1,000.00 a month for our two kids to go to preschool and kindergarten with after school care. We both have to work to keep up...We should get some sort tax break because we pay for public school and our kids go to private school..But its a really good school and god will help us out..

GL is excellent academically. Pk programs are fabulous. I agree w/the May 26th reviewer about the timing of Sun school classes.Another problem is tuition. Pk to Kgarten more than doubles. Kgarten is the same as full day 1-6 grades.

Last modified Grace Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8