Post Falls, ID
Students enrolled: 1,496

Post Falls High School 3

Posted June 03, 2014
I admit this was a decent school. There were some pretty good programs, such as honors, AP, and Dual Credit courses--if it wasn't for my success in this school, I wouldn't be in the Naval Nuclear Power program right now--but there really is a lack of focus on pushing students to succeed. Frankly, I was never really challenged in this school. The school focuses way too much on athletics and really should put more funding into academic and humanitarian courses as well as equipment and books. Many of my classes throughout the course of my attendance lacked even books that were up-to-date. Nevertheless, there are some passionate teachers that do very well at their job; however, this school could really use more motivation

Post Falls High School 3

Posted January 27, 2013
It's really just an average school. As someone else has mentioned I do really wish they spent less attention on the school's athletics and more on the academics, as some teachers really should not be teaching (but of course we have some of the best teams in the state) There are a few teachers that genuinely care about the students but as a whole the staff is somewhat mediocre.

Post Falls High School 1

Posted May 20, 2011
School is unmotivated, mostly because of lack of care for students. The teachers seem to be burdened with the students and want to leave as soon as possible. They need to be more caring for the students and actually care about the next generations education.

Posted September 15, 2010
As a participant in the "incomplete" Honors Program, I graduated from this high school with 19 college credits from my AP classes. Many of the honors and AP courses go the same pace as their collegiate equivalents. As I was graduating, several teachers were being trained for more AP courses such as Biology, Chemistry and English. The Honors Program prepared me for the academic challenge of a private university. The counselors were also invaluable as I sought scholarships for my Freshman year. I was able to pay for the entire $31,000 bill with scholarships and grants alone. There are a multitude of opportunities to be involved at PFHS. The teachers are very personable, and can become great mentors and friends! They are more than happy (actually, they're thrilled when parents want involved) to expand communication with parents beyond progress reports and brief phones calls.

Post Falls High School 1

Posted March 07, 2008
The honors program of this school is incomplete, the faculty is highly disorganized, and the school focuses far more on athletics than on academics.

Post Falls High School 4

Posted November 05, 2007
As good as a public school could be. Some of the credentials of a few of the teachers could be questioned, and as usual, there is a lack of attention to the arts. However, the staff was generally good-natured, friendly and knowledgeable, and violence and conflict were kept to a minimum. Generally, I enjoyed my time at PFHS.

Posted October 31, 2007
My daughter and granddaughter have both attended Post Falls High School. They have been well guided, well taught, and well prepared for life. The academics are challenging for all levels of learners, aided by a caring, knowledgable, experienced staff. The extracurriculars offer opportunities for students of all interests. Overall, Post Falls HS has shown itself to be an outstanding educational institution for the 38 years I have lived locally.

Posted September 02, 2004
The high school is great. Our student had a rough first year, but the staff is working with him and helping to keep him in school, and achieving his goal of graduating from this high school. They should all be applauded for their support and understanding. The kids come first here. The principal is the best of the schools in Post Falls that I have dealt with.

Posted August 26, 2003
A great learning environment. A lot of teacher and staff support.

Post Falls High School
2832 East Poleline Rd, Post Falls, ID  83877
Last modified Post Falls High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Post Falls High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top