Arlington Heights, IL

Posted March 13, 2015
We bought a house in Arlington Heights because great public schools. However, District 25 got rid of their gifted program with a "Problem Solving Innovation (PSI)" hour. St Peter has a great differentiation program in math & reading that starts in grade 1. They call it "Pathways to Learning". The children are grouped into smaller class sizes and are given support for where they are at developmentally: enrichment, on level, and extended support. No school is perfect but the teachers care about the children, like to teach, and want to partner with you in your child(ren)'s education.

Posted March 11, 2015
I feel so blessed that I am able to send my children to St. Peter. I love the fact that they are not pressured with all the testing that has to go on in the public schools. The biggest plus is that they get to learn about their savior, Jesus Christ. The teachers show students His love and forgiveness and make sure to spread that love to the children here. St. Peter provides before and after care to also help with the needs of parents that work full time. My children have thrived and St. Peter has been providing an amazing education for 150 years in the community.

Posted March 11, 2015
St Peter is a wonderful school where children gain knowledge and experiences from a Christian perspective! Teachers really care about the students and give above and beyond to assure that individual needs are being met. The smaller class sizes and commitment to learning through programs that do not exist in the public schools make St Peter rise above the rest. They focus on developing the WHOLE child and with that provide extracurricular opportunities that may not be possible in other schools. If you are looking for a school that is community-based and supports your family beyond the school walls, then St Peter is the place!

Posted March 11, 2015
Outstanding, solid, rigorous curriculum in a personal, nurturing environment where all kids get to shine. 100% participation in science fair, public speaking, creative and academic competitions allow kids to discover and develop their talents. Two of my kids are now in high school after going pre-K through 8th grade here and they were so well prepared for high school that they are still thanking their St. Peter teachers! They and most of their classmates placed into honors classes and are thriving. Students learn respect, discipline and God's love for them and that is a wonderful basis for the rest of their lives.

Posted October 21, 2014
This is a fantastic school, particularly for elementary and middle school. The middle schoolers are cared for academically but also emotionally. They are provided fantastic team building experiences and are well-prepared to excel in high school. The teachers are gifted in their fields, creative, fair and genuinely caring. Parents are kept very well informed about expectations, due dates, etc. This school is top notch.

Posted September 17, 2014
I have been a parent at this school for 10 years and I am so pleased to see how much it is changing every year. Each department is active in improving its afectevness each year . My high schoolers are thriving in school because the foundation Saint Peter School gave them . Middle school is one of a kind. The teachers work together as a team to attend to each student. Each year in middle school the entire class attends a week long trip ( walcamp, mission trip , DC) . The sports and arts department are a draw and very popular with the kids. My children and I have been so blessed to be able to attend this school. I highly recomended.

Posted September 16, 2014
St. Peter is a tremendous school. Not only am I speaking as a parent, but as a public school teacher as well. The students leave St. Peter ready to excel at the local high schools. St. Peter's teachers are caring. They use up to date strategies and curriculum. The extra-curricular activities are excellent and provide far more opportunities for all levels of talent than do the public schools. While no school is perfect, St. Peter is way closer than the local alternatives. St. Peter doesn't just provide an education for a lifetime, but for an eternity.

Posted April 22, 2014
My son has been attending Saint Peter for two years. I came to the school under the recommendation of my neighbor. It is a hidden gem in such a good public school district. The taxes are high in Arlington Heights partly due to the great schools. There's no question in my mind that the tuition is money well spent. The classrooms are amazing and filled with NEW toys, games, books, and technology. There are 3 gyms for the children to have motor activity. The teachers are the best I've ever seen. I am a teacher (not at St Peter), so my expectations are extremely high. The teachers genuinely care so much for the students and the parents. In 2 years, I've never met a student or a parent that is disingenuous. We not only come here for the education, but also for the community. Once you go to St. Peter you will not want to leave. It has become a second home to my son.

St Peter Lutheran School 1

Posted January 10, 2014
Unsafe bullying school. The school has had a good anti-bulling policy on paper and they inform parents about it, but the school will not enforce it. The school has a chronic problem of telling victimized families what they want to hear just to get them off the school s back, while nothing is being done. Thus for the most part they don t seek, confront, correct, or remove bullies, numerous following bystanders, and their parents. And they don t follow up on victimized children & parents. The parent in the previous review also appears to reflect some of this experience. We should have considered going to the police for guidance and for their possible intervention. Thank goodness for this website.

St Peter Lutheran School 3

Posted October 29, 2013
Our family did experience bullying and inappropriate repeated behavior from other students directed at our child. We tried to work with the administration and board to resolve the problems, they were not helpful or cooperative. Many students have left the school due to unresolved bullying issues.

St Peter Lutheran School
111 West Olive Street, Arlington Heights, IL  60004
Last modified St Peter Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Peter Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top