Arlington Heights, IL

Posted October 21, 2014
This is a fantastic school, particularly for elementary and middle school. The middle schoolers are cared for academically but also emotionally. They are provided fantastic team building experiences and are well-prepared to excel in high school. The teachers are gifted in their fields, creative, fair and genuinely caring. Parents are kept very well informed about expectations, due dates, etc. This school is top notch.

Posted September 17, 2014
I have been a parent at this school for 10 years and I am so pleased to see how much it is changing every year. Each department is active in improving its afectevness each year . My high schoolers are thriving in school because the foundation Saint Peter School gave them . Middle school is one of a kind. The teachers work together as a team to attend to each student. Each year in middle school the entire class attends a week long trip ( walcamp, mission trip , DC) . The sports and arts department are a draw and very popular with the kids. My children and I have been so blessed to be able to attend this school. I highly recomended.

Posted September 16, 2014
St. Peter is a tremendous school. Not only am I speaking as a parent, but as a public school teacher as well. The students leave St. Peter ready to excel at the local high schools. St. Peter's teachers are caring. They use up to date strategies and curriculum. The extra-curricular activities are excellent and provide far more opportunities for all levels of talent than do the public schools. While no school is perfect, St. Peter is way closer than the local alternatives. St. Peter doesn't just provide an education for a lifetime, but for an eternity.

Posted April 22, 2014
My son has been attending Saint Peter for two years. I came to the school under the recommendation of my neighbor. It is a hidden gem in such a good public school district. The taxes are high in Arlington Heights partly due to the great schools. There's no question in my mind that the tuition is money well spent. The classrooms are amazing and filled with NEW toys, games, books, and technology. There are 3 gyms for the children to have motor activity. The teachers are the best I've ever seen. I am a teacher (not at St Peter), so my expectations are extremely high. The teachers genuinely care so much for the students and the parents. In 2 years, I've never met a student or a parent that is disingenuous. We not only come here for the education, but also for the community. Once you go to St. Peter you will not want to leave. It has become a second home to my son.

St Peter Lutheran School 1

Posted January 10, 2014
Unsafe bullying school. The school has had a good anti-bulling policy on paper and they inform parents about it, but the school will not enforce it. The school has a chronic problem of telling victimized families what they want to hear just to get them off the school s back, while nothing is being done. Thus for the most part they don t seek, confront, correct, or remove bullies, numerous following bystanders, and their parents. And they don t follow up on victimized children & parents. The parent in the previous review also appears to reflect some of this experience. We should have considered going to the police for guidance and for their possible intervention. Thank goodness for this website.

St Peter Lutheran School 3

Posted October 29, 2013
Our family did experience bullying and inappropriate repeated behavior from other students directed at our child. We tried to work with the administration and board to resolve the problems, they were not helpful or cooperative. Many students have left the school due to unresolved bullying issues.

St Peter Lutheran School 1

Posted October 26, 2013
St Peter Lutheran School Arlington Heights, is a terrible long tem Bullying school. The new governance board & sr pastor have finally acknowledged LONG term bullying to the congregation & are trying to end it.. As a whole it is a bullying atmosphere fostered by some employees and families. Bullies are not professionally sought out or removed. Bystander students follow the bullies. As long as the kid is happy by being a bystander or bully then things are fine with the parents. Bad employees are not sought out, disciplined or removed. Bullies can be from prominent families and some from employee families, & also find victimized families from regular & some employee families. Our kid was terribly bullied. Never trust the school with false words of zero tolerance . If your kid is bullied then report it to the Arlington Hts Police Dept, because in the past this school turned a blind eye. It is not a safe school. If bullied in the past or present, then share it here to help other. Also report it to the SP governance board and sr pastor. You can forgive but all bullying of the past and present must face the consequences. There is no statute of limitations on this harm to children.

Posted April 27, 2012
A School where the Teachers and the Administrators really care about your kids and providing the best education holistically , keeping academics, faith and programs are well balanced. The Prinicpal Mr Rudi is a terrific administrator and I truly believe he is going to take this school to the next level.

Posted July 01, 2010
My two children started here since preschool and I have progressed academically. They have the best preschool program in Arlington Heights. The teachers and staff are all amazing with children and are well qualified in their field. This school feels more like a family-oriented environment. It breaks my heart when I hear them talk about the stories in the bible. I have recommended this school to my friends and family. My youngest son will be attending preschool next year.

Posted December 11, 2008

St Peter Lutheran School
111 West Olive Street, Arlington Heights, IL  60004
Last modified St Peter Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Peter Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top