Bad
Good

I am a Junior at bhs and i think it is one of the best schools in IL. If there was a thing as an ivy league high school, Barrington would definitely be one. There are infinite club and actives here. There is definitely room for everyone. The staff here is great and if any teacher is bad, with one complaint they are outa here. the education and opportunitys for extra help makes learning a lot easier. I can go on and on about this. This is the number one school.

We moved to the district from another state based on location to work, transportation and most importantly, excellent rating for the schools. My kids are very happy at the high school and station middle school. They both say the schools are much better than the ones they previously attended. The schools are not perfect, but none are. The administration for both BHS and Station Middle School are very involved and don't just sit at their desk. The principals both attend the PTO meetings, along with the counselors and a school board rep. at the high school meetings.

My school is a great place where all students feel accepted and encouraged to get involved in activities. For the students we aren't just classmates we are a family and we will always work together to the best for our schools. We come together and win various competitions for sports/clubs in state championships, sectional champions, and regional champions. We are Barrington!

Anyone that has given this school a harshly negative review has not had experience in other schools across the country. Barrington High School has a diverse student body, a club/sport/volunteer organization for just about everyone, well-educated teachers and staff with great leadership, dedication, experience, and community involvement. Kids that walk away with an education that truly prepares them for college or their post-graduate careers. As an alumni as well as a teacher that works in the city of Chicago, I only wish that my students could see the opportunities that BHS provides that they are, unfortunately, missing out on. It is a very traditional high school experience with a lot of hometown pride. Addressing any drug issues that have been included in reviews- you are naive to think that you won't find that in any high school these days. Rich or poor, teenagers face personal issues and will experiment and hang out with people they shouldn't- it's called growing up. I feel lucky to have attended BHS and i think most people really appreciate it especially after they are thrown in the real world! I hope to send my kids here in the future.

Beautiful school. Full of great people. Great educations. Great teachers. Great environment. Not more to say.

As a Barrington HIgh School Graduate and parent of one of the very few BCHS students to not graduate I am surprised to see that none of these reviews mention the alcohol and narcotics problems that plague the school and the teen suicides. Whenever I meet new families to the area, I always warn them of these issues, and stress the importance of communication with their children, and honestly discussing these issues. My son withdrew from BCHS feeling he had more in common with his teachers (and these included some older teachers) than with his class mates. He passed his GEDs started courses at Harper College in September of what would have been his senior year in high school. He got into a technical program and did extremely well. The high school offers a number of wonderful programs, has incredible facilities, has many excellent teachers, and yet a couple of enormous problems exist and must be addressed.

I think this has been an excellent school in the past, and I hope one day will be again. There are, based on our daughters experience, significant issues that need to be addressed, including an ongoing commitment from the school and the community to fine arts - in a school of this size that they cannot fill the auditorium for productions is very sad, and I question the administrations focus on anything other than academics, and sports A school of this size can also make for a very impersonal education experience, and I'm not sure that is ideal for every kid. I think the staff are a mix of great, enthusiastic young teachers and sad, bitter, tenured staff waiting out retirement. If your child gets the former, great! If the latter, you will be disappointed. We are moving out of district so our younger daughter does not attend this school....it is not the right fit for her, or our family.

BHS is not all it's cracked up to be. If you are an average student and fit into the 'norm,' BHS is just fine. Anyone outside of the box will have a very rough time at this school. Special Services is absolutely horrible, and are very unwilling to make any accommodations - not to mention most of the staff is incredibly rude and arrogant.

I attended Barrington High School 1st semester of my freshman year. I moved to Leyden high school and i am now a sophmore. In my own opinion Barrington High School is a really great school. I believe it is a better school then Leyden and i would love to go back anytime. I believe that any student that goes there most likely likes that school also becasue it has such great programs. The teachers there are so helpful(: Barrington High School is a really great school(: Oh yeah and the teachers there are really nice to(:

I recently graduated Barrington High School and my overall experience was great. There are so many activities and extracurriculars anyone can find there niche. They also have an outstanding fine arts department and from that i was able to build a portfolio of my art which i then submitted to an architecture program at the university i am attending this fall. I was one of 70 students selected of about 250 that apply. I accredit this to the help and guidance of the teachers and staff at Barrington High School.

Last modified Barrington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.