Batavia, IL
Before care: Yes

Posted August 21, 2014
I trust that my children are in loving hands when I drop them off at Immanuel. This school means fellowship with friends (both for myself and my children), a quality and challenging academic schedule, and an opportunity to further develop spiritually as bold children of God.

Posted February 20, 2014
Immanuel Lutheran School offers an excellent education to its students. Not only does my child receive a solid religious education, but he is highly challenged in academics. The teachers find ways to use a variety of methods and technology to reach all students. They also take the time to get to know each of their students and find ways to meet their learning needs. The teachers are also kind and caring. They not ony look out for the educational needs of their students, but also the emotional. My family recently went through a tough time. Immanuel's teachers and staff were there to help my family in their time of need! I highly recommend Immanuel Lutheran School to anyone I meet!

Posted February 18, 2014
I have three children that attend Immanuel. They are receiving an excellent education here. They are challenged academically. There are very caring teachers at Immanuel. They always put the children's learning first and want to work with the child to help make them be successful. I love the Christian education my children get at Immanuel. They come home singing the songs that they have sung in the classroom and at chapel. There are also many extra curricular activities available to the children that attend Immanuel. I would recommend Immanuel to anyone.

Posted February 18, 2014
We love this school. Three of our kids have graduated from Immanuel and are currently enrolled in Honors and AP classes at Batavia HS. We believe the outstanding education they received at Immanuel is the reason. Our youngest child is currently attending Immanuel Lutheran's middle school and is involved with the exceptional orchestra program. We are pleased with the studies and extra curricular offerings for Immanuel Lutheran students and would highly recommend this school to anyone wanting a great education and atmosphere for their children.

Immanuel Lutheran School 1

Posted February 13, 2014
This is a mediocre school. The biggest weakness is the quality of instruction in the middle school grades. My wife and I pulled our kids in 7th grade along with 12 other school families because our pleas to the school leadership for teacher accountability in 6-8 grades fell on deaf ears. In 5th grade my daughter was in a class of 28 students and after 7th grade it was down to 10. The school families that vacated did so because they believed it was a preparatory school with a fare majority of them having to put their 7th & 8th grade bounded students in summer school for remedial math and english instruction. The schools digital footprint is woefully inadequate in preparing kids to master computer-based learning and achieving technical competence required of most high schools. Don't handicap your child by enrolling them in this school with the likelihood you will have to transfer them once they reach middle school. If you insist on checking them out, ask them for enrollment numbers in their current 7 & 8 grade classes. The repeated exodus of students from their middle school is an annual end of the year ritual at this school and should be a red flag and a real cause for concern.

Posted February 07, 2014
We reviewed a number of area schools before selecting Immanuel for our children. We are not members of the Church and looked at other parochial, gifted, and the public schools. We several criteria in selecting the school. Academics: the school uses a good mix of traditional and computer based learning. I am shocked by friends in other schools who tell me how much emphasis is placed on things that can be learned later in life, to the detriment of establishing neural pathways through traditional curriculum. As an educator in graduate and undergraduate schools (since 1991), I have noticed a rapid decline in the ability of students to write logically, and to utilize punctuation at very basic levels. The curriculum at Immanuel, will help students in the long run with critical thinking and writing skills. STEM is emphasized as well. Enrichment: The Orchestra program is phenomenal; the Band program is growing too. Foreign Language and Art also are offered. Athletics: Numerous opportunities for students to play sports, even at a younger grade. Girls Cross Country took second in State and National competitions. Working Parent Support: Before/After school care and hot lunches.

Posted February 04, 2014
I have three children who have grown up at Immanuel Lutheran School. While no place on earth is perfect, ILS was perfect for my children. Now post ILS, they have been faced with peer/social pressures to make un-christian choices. My children have been able to draw strength on their strong moral foundation and walk away from these temptations. They received in part, this strong moral basis from their years spent at ILS. I have always found it to be a blessing that my child's school was on my side, preaching and teaching the same my same values. The sacrifices we made were well worth it for our kids to receive such a strong start on their life's journey. They are on their way to become successful, responsible young adults and we give much credit to ILS in helping them in the earliest years. If you are considering a Christian education, I urge you to consider ILS.

Posted February 04, 2014
I have had a student at Immanuel Batavia for 10 years. She will be in high school in the fall. Although many of her classmates have transferred to public schools the past two years, we chose to keep her here. The education at Immanuel has been excellent. She will be more than prepared when she starts at a college prep high school next year, probably in honors classes. I have found the teachers and support staff to be wonderful, Christian people. I am also a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church. What a wonderful feeling it is to see not only the principal of the school, but also most of the staff sitting in church with me on Sunday morning. My children's teachers are not just the people who educate Monday through Friday. But, they are also friends and fellow brothers and sisters in Christ who believe what I believe. And they want to share the love of Jesus with their students as well.

Posted January 25, 2013
Immanuel Lutheran School's education is outstanding! When we started at Immanuel, our oldest daughter was in Kindergarten and our youngest daughter was in preschool. Our oldest is now in high school with our youngest in middle school at Immanuel. Words can not begin to express the exceptional experience we have had the last nine and a half years. The principal and teachers are incredible and truly loving and caring. They go above and beyond to help every student. The curriculum is very challenging and does an excellent job at preparing the students for high school. Our oldest daughter has found the transition to high school to be very easy. She is well ahead of many of the other students in her class. Immanuel also has a great sports program which they can begin playing in fifth grade. Last but definitely not least, the Christian environment and education they receive is priceless. When they graduate, they will have a strong faith in Jesus and a true christian foundation that they will carry with them forever. We highly recommend Immanuel Lutheran School!

Posted January 14, 2013
I can't say enough about this wonderful school. As a former home school family, I was looking for a great school to transition my kids to. They went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. We are still here 6 grades later! The teachers are kind, compassionate and well educated. The facility is modern, bright and offers everything I could have asked for. I knew I wanted a Christian education with all the trimming for my family and I absolutely found it!! I am very luck I found such a great place.

Immanuel Lutheran School
950 Hart Road, Batavia, IL  60510
Last modified Immanuel Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immanuel Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top