PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

-A former student Immanuel has an amazing and modern building and it is sad to see all the effort and money invested in it go to waste because of poor staff and teachers who refuse to hear our voices. As I have experienced middle school most recently, this is what I will focus on. There is almost no use of technology at this school. All classrooms are equipped with very expensive projectors and other equipment, and there are very few occasions in which they are actually used. Teachers expect us to write papers and essays on our computers, which we aren't even allowed to use in school. Does this make sense to you? The new principal is a major part of the problem. Our school has been heavily affected by her, and not in a good way. People I know have been unfairly punished for things that in the real world, no one would actually care about. This school attempts to put students in a protective bubble which will be quickly popped in the real world. The school is also incredibly biased towards girls, putting them above boys. There are also certain students who it seems as though there is an unwritten rule not to punish them. This school plays favorites daily, and if you're not one of them you will be punished for things that if the favorites did, would be shrugged off. Also, our sports teams have progressively gotten worse, and are now almost non-existent in state competitions. Music class is also a joke, as our teacher can't even play the piano. In the fourth quarter, we watched a musical on a laptop that no one could see for all nine weeks. In conclusion, this school has gone downhill in recent years, mainly due to the changes in principal.

As a parent of children who attend Immanuel it is my right to write an honest depiction of our families experience at this school. First, I have been overwhelming disappointed in the overall curriculum and feel it is far behind other district and parochial schools in the area. They are reluctant to change and adapt to a technology driven world and our children are not being trained properly. Secondly, the teaching staff is extremely under trained to deal with special needs situations (all though they did promote their reading specialty teacher to head special needs bc she needed a more encompassing title) behavioral or academic learning delays that may arise. Third, the school boasts that they are family focused Christians but every time our family has had a concern we feel we have been shunned and shown the door, litterally . It has truly been a heart wrenching experience navigating the new staff (lead pastor and principal) all at the ultimate expense of my child/children . We are committed to finding a new church and school home where our families needs will be made a priority over nepotism and favored individuals. This school is very isolating if you are not in the inner most circle and very very reluctant to accept any feedback for positive change. There is a REASON the class sizes are so low and the 8th grade acceptance rate at top tiered HS's in the area (marmion, rosary ext) are so low. This school has many failures, but its biggest one by far is not listening to its paying, long term parishioners, and school familes.

I am a former student of Immanuel. I feel that after leaving this school I was at a complete disadvantage to other kids. The lack of foreign language programs and technology, not to mention lack of credible health education classes made me feel so behind. Being at immanuel I felt scared to be who I am. Fearing they would come down on me and treat me different. I struggled to fit their mold. The teachers are ok, but the new staffing changes have made it so impossible to feel comfortable. During my first month at my new school I struggled to keep up bc the classes were over my head. I wish they had better prepared me for high school.

I have children that attended this school. Overall the past several years have brought many changes to ils. It is not a place that I feel my children are valued as individuals, but bullied into being silent and compliant. Many teach that children don't have a voice. Their interpretation of God and His word is muted through selfish gains and motivations. It is sad to see that these changes(lead pastor change and principal/staff changes) so strongly effected the school in a negative way. The school lacks a strong competitive curriculum (especially in math and technology) teachers/staff of all ranks who lack engagement and challenge. The school lacks social services and special ed. and the kids in this school suffer emensely on many levels due to lack of progressive ideas and teaching styles. I personally would strongly recommend that you research this school throughly as it is a beautiful facility, but it holds many concerns behind the doors.

I trust that my children are in loving hands when I drop them off at Immanuel. This school means fellowship with friends (both for myself and my children), a quality and challenging academic schedule, and an opportunity to further develop spiritually as bold children of God.

Immanuel Lutheran School offers an excellent education to its students. Not only does my child receive a solid religious education, but he is highly challenged in academics. The teachers find ways to use a variety of methods and technology to reach all students. They also take the time to get to know each of their students and find ways to meet their learning needs. The teachers are also kind and caring. They not ony look out for the educational needs of their students, but also the emotional. My family recently went through a tough time. Immanuel's teachers and staff were there to help my family in their time of need! I highly recommend Immanuel Lutheran School to anyone I meet!

I have three children that attend Immanuel. They are receiving an excellent education here. They are challenged academically. There are very caring teachers at Immanuel. They always put the children's learning first and want to work with the child to help make them be successful. I love the Christian education my children get at Immanuel. They come home singing the songs that they have sung in the classroom and at chapel. There are also many extra curricular activities available to the children that attend Immanuel. I would recommend Immanuel to anyone.

We love this school. Three of our kids have graduated from Immanuel and are currently enrolled in Honors and AP classes at Batavia HS. We believe the outstanding education they received at Immanuel is the reason. Our youngest child is currently attending Immanuel Lutheran's middle school and is involved with the exceptional orchestra program. We are pleased with the studies and extra curricular offerings for Immanuel Lutheran students and would highly recommend this school to anyone wanting a great education and atmosphere for their children.

This is a mediocre school. The biggest weakness is the quality of instruction in the middle school grades. My wife and I pulled our kids in 7th grade along with 12 other school families because our pleas to the school leadership for teacher accountability in 6-8 grades fell on deaf ears. In 5th grade my daughter was in a class of 28 students and after 7th grade it was down to 10. The school families that vacated did so because they believed it was a preparatory school with a fare majority of them having to put their 7th & 8th grade bounded students in summer school for remedial math and english instruction. The schools digital footprint is woefully inadequate in preparing kids to master computer-based learning and achieving technical competence required of most high schools. Don't handicap your child by enrolling them in this school with the likelihood you will have to transfer them once they reach middle school. If you insist on checking them out, ask them for enrollment numbers in their current 7 & 8 grade classes. The repeated exodus of students from their middle school is an annual end of the year ritual at this school and should be a red flag and a real cause for concern.

We reviewed a number of area schools before selecting Immanuel for our children. We are not members of the Church and looked at other parochial, gifted, and the public schools. We several criteria in selecting the school. Academics: the school uses a good mix of traditional and computer based learning. I am shocked by friends in other schools who tell me how much emphasis is placed on things that can be learned later in life, to the detriment of establishing neural pathways through traditional curriculum. As an educator in graduate and undergraduate schools (since 1991), I have noticed a rapid decline in the ability of students to write logically, and to utilize punctuation at very basic levels. The curriculum at Immanuel, will help students in the long run with critical thinking and writing skills. STEM is emphasized as well. Enrichment: The Orchestra program is phenomenal; the Band program is growing too. Foreign Language and Art also are offered. Athletics: Numerous opportunities for students to play sports, even at a younger grade. Girls Cross Country took second in State and National competitions. Working Parent Support: Before/After school care and hot lunches.

Last modified Immanuel Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8