PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Meca Elementary School My child has been enrolled since PK. The teachers are AMAZING at what they do. They are really gifted in teaching the children. The administration at this school is TERRIBLE. They do not communicate well with each other here; they have attitudes when you ask them a question. I have had to remind them to post payments on my account due to them not keeping track of my payments. The younger ladies in the office don t know anything about what s going on and do not give messages to teachers or the principal as asked. I have had to show proof that I made payments because they have not documented it. They charge you $40 for a gym fee and they don t even take the kids to the facility consistently. The lunch they have is the worst. They also do not have updated technology inside the clasrooms nor do they offer computer classes for the lower grades as I was told in the enrollment process. I am currently in the process of seeking a new school for my child. They classroom environment is great but to have to go through all the extra problems is not worth the money you have to pay.

I transfered my child from Linclon to MECA and have witness such a positive change in my daughter. The children at this school learn academically, socially and most importantly spiritually. That's a great combination and worth the money.

I have several children that either attended Meca or are still enrolled and the quality of education that they are receiving compared to the public school is outstanding. My children were in a structured and controlled safe haven. I did not have to worry about gang violence, obscene language, fighting etc... and with the before and after care i knew exactly where and what my children were doing at all times. My children that graduated went on to do amazing things in high school and in college academically and spiritually. I can only imagine how far Meca's teaching will take them in life.

I am a proud parent of Meca School graduates. My children excelled in high school and earned academic scholarships to college. Not only did Meca instill quality education but Christian characteristics they hold dear in their hearts. They treasure every moment and the days they walked the halls of Meca School. They thank God every day for the education they received and the teachers they had at Meca. While walking the halls of a public high school and college, they had to reflect on how to handle certain situatations. NO, we are not perfect but strive for perfection in God. You would never find a greater school than Meca who cares and nuture children God's way. Submitted by a parent

I'm extremely impressed with the school. I'm very envolved with my childs education and I have given this school the all around quality test. #1 The environment outside and inside is safe and clean. #2 administration is through I get a financial report everytime I electronically sign in my children and I'm pleased that this school considers the economic crisis of our country and has found successful ways to cover tuition. I read another parents comment obviously there issue was more financial than anything else! Typical when our people can't prioritize bills they blame everyone else. Futhermore its a wonder that all of the other Christian schools in the area have closed except for MECA and LWCC. #3. Teachers are caring and challenging. 4. Their gym program that's hosted in another equipped building is great! 5. My child loves their lunch program. More importantly my child is learning and happy.

My child and a few of my relatives currently attend Meca school. Last year was my daughters first year at Meca, and I was really impressed at how great a job her preschool teacher had done with not only my child but the whole class. The work that they we're learning was wonderful and my child was excited to go to school. This year is a great disappointment. My child does not have the teacher that she was supposed to have because of restaffing. And the adminstration is unprofessional for lack of a better word. Meca begs extremely toooo much. Annual giving fees, fundraisers, christmas tickets. It's a never ending begging session with this school. They do not know how to handle business at all. As a parent I already pay for tuition, uniforms, books, and now a gym fee (which might I add, the school does not even have.

My children attend MECA right now because out of all of the the Christian Schools in the immediate area, it is the most affordable one. With saying that, you get what you pay for. They lack excellence in their staff and their teachers and their before and after care programs are nothing more than a babysitting session. They lack a playground and gym room facilities to say the least and every time you turn around they are pushing for giving fees. I will say it is better than the Bellwood public schools. I would not reccomend MECA School for anyone unless it is in lieu of going to public school. It's a shame that a school that is supposed to represent kingdom really needs to do some praying to Re-Present themselves with the spirit of excellence.

Meca started out as a great school but over the years they have changed. Their are apporximately 2 qualified teachers in school and these 2 individuals have dual roles as teacher/principal & teacher/asst. principal. Out f the 5 year that my son attended this school his kindergarten school year was the best year that he had their and I wanted so badly for his teacher to teach the 1st grade class. They are inconsistemt with their teachers and the principal/teacher is not effective as the teacher because she arrives late to school and when she does make it their she's mainly in the office and not the classroom- leaves the children to work alone. This is not what parents are paying tuition for! They are doing a great dis-service to the childen who will be affected in the long run.

Last modified Meca Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8