Berwyn, IL

Emerson Elementary School 5

Posted May 30, 2011
Well I wonder what having the best school in Berwyn will do for this school. The school has an 88% of students achieving the states academic goals. With that kind of achievement it can compete with almost any school in the state. It doesn't seem like the school is declining in anyway even with a changing demographic. I think Berwyn overall need more extracurricular activities for the public school system. What I would like to see is Emerson become a magnet school, and if someone who was not in the district be able to attend the school. We will see. I do applaud the school and the staff for maintaining high marks!

Posted January 26, 2011
Teachers are very dedicated to their students. Students actually enjoy going to school there. They have been performing quite well academically and the school has some groups that are looking to continue to improve the school.

Emerson Elementary School 3

Posted February 23, 2009
I love my son's second grade teacher... But the rest of the school, I am not impressed with, particularally with the office and school district office. They are not very helpful.

Emerson Elementary School 2

Posted October 12, 2008
I've progressively seen how the ISAT scores at Emerson have declined over the years. I am also concerned that Emerson is having 26-28 students in a classroom compared to 18-19 in other neighboring communities. This topped off with an overwhelming increase in the hispanic population (75%) make me concerned of the dual language environment which tends to cause more work for teachers and hence brings less attention to native english speaking students.

Emerson Elementary School 1

Posted April 13, 2006
This school is great because of the good parent and staff particpation. the worst thing is that we have lost a great amount of extracurricular activities but we still tend to make the best of it all.

Posted April 10, 2006
Academics are good. Very high grading scale! For 3rd grade there are not alot of extra activities for them to be involved in. Many activities throughout the year that show parental involvement.

Posted August 26, 2005
Our experience with Emerson has been nothing but positive. I am a member of the school improvement committee, PTA and participate in all school activities. The teachers are very attentive to the students' needs and various personalities. Parental involvement is encouraged and met with the upmost respect. My only problem with the school (and area) is the overwhemling Hispanic population (though my kids are 1/2 hispanic). Lots of non-English speaking kids and parents. This takes the teacher's time from teaching the lessons at hand to the English speaking children. Much of the school's budget is spent on the ESL program.

Emerson Elementary School
3105 Clinton Avenue, Berwyn, IL  60402
Last modified Emerson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Emerson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top