Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I'm thrilled that Wood View rates so high with former students. It is my hope that the test scores reflect that as well. I live directly behind Wood View and the children seem to be well looked after. It is absolutely charming to listen to them recite the Pledge of Allegiance every morning! I hope they accept volunteers at the school even if I don't have a child enrolled there.

My school is Wood View elementary. I first moved to Bolingbrook 18 years ago and I myself was a wood view second grader. Absolutely loved all my teachers and still love the schools surroundings. Remember having a great time in art, music, gym, and library best. The school is nicely tucked into my neighbor where the community is quiet and clean. It has beautiful woods and trails across the street accompanying it with fields and safe playgrounds. Now I have a kindergarder of my own. I love knowing the class schedule bc I can look at the clock and know exactly what she's doing. Same with the lunch schedule and knowing what she will have before she even gets there. I love her teacher Mrs. Hoffman and all the staff is very passionate and friendly. It's also great only walking a block to take her and pick her up from class everyday. My daughter is always so excited to wake up and go. Even when it's Sat. or Sun. she asks if I can take her to school now. This school and its over all involve ment in the community is outstanding. Tons of fund raisers and tons extra activities with the children. I don't ever plan on changing schools ever. This school definitely deserves to win $5000!

To the April 10, 2008 review, Mrs. Anding is a great teacher. She is very firm and does not except excuses! My daughter was in her class and at first, I felt the same way, maybe she was too stern. But, by the end of the year, my daughter had self responsibility and was being tested for the honors classes. She took responsibilty for her own actions. Mrs. Anding let the kids know that she wasnt going to hear excuses about no homework or misbehaving. I think in second grade, thats just what they need to start taking control of themselves. I am very thankful for her!

My son came to this school 4 years ago with an open heart and mind.He has over the past 4 years been bullied and taunted and himself learned to bully . He will not be returning next year as his spirit has been broken by all the bullying, by other students and his teacher as well. I understand that by making these statements i am putting a negative light on this school. Maybe this is a good thing, maybe the good people at this school (and there are many, including the principal) will get together and find a way to make things better.

Mrs. Buresh is an awesome teacher! She cares for her kids and they enjoy her. I don't know too much about the other teachers, but from what I have seen first hand, I am not looking forward to my child going there next year! The kids have no respect and as I know that has to do with the parents, but it wears on the teachers and that shows.

With the exception of Mrs. Anding, all of the teachers seem to be using this as a temporary job and really don't care about the success of the children. Mrs. Anding really seems to care if her class succeeds. Test scores have gone down year after year, and I had kids in that school for a lot of years. The kids spend August to March learniong how to take ISATS instead of learning what they need to knw and letting ISATS show that.

I love this school. The teachers are great. They are eager to help kids learn.

Great Teachers who care about the students. If you participate in your child education, the teachers go the extra yard for you.

Last modified Wood View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.