Bolingbrook, IL

Posted June 11, 2014
I'm thrilled that Wood View rates so high with former students. It is my hope that the test scores reflect that as well. I live directly behind Wood View and the children seem to be well looked after. It is absolutely charming to listen to them recite the Pledge of Allegiance every morning! I hope they accept volunteers at the school even if I don't have a child enrolled there.

Posted September 14, 2013
My school is Wood View elementary. I first moved to Bolingbrook 18 years ago and I myself was a wood view second grader. Absolutely loved all my teachers and still love the schools surroundings. Remember having a great time in art, music, gym, and library best. The school is nicely tucked into my neighbor where the community is quiet and clean. It has beautiful woods and trails across the street accompanying it with fields and safe playgrounds. Now I have a kindergarder of my own. I love knowing the class schedule bc I can look at the clock and know exactly what she's doing. Same with the lunch schedule and knowing what she will have before she even gets there. I love her teacher Mrs. Hoffman and all the staff is very passionate and friendly. It's also great only walking a block to take her and pick her up from class everyday. My daughter is always so excited to wake up and go. Even when it's Sat. or Sun. she asks if I can take her to school now. This school and its over all involve ment in the community is outstanding. Tons of fund raisers and tons extra activities with the children. I don't ever plan on changing schools ever. This school definitely deserves to win $5000!

Posted December 05, 2009
To the April 10, 2008 review, Mrs. Anding is a great teacher. She is very firm and does not except excuses! My daughter was in her class and at first, I felt the same way, maybe she was too stern. But, by the end of the year, my daughter had self responsibility and was being tested for the honors classes. She took responsibilty for her own actions. Mrs. Anding let the kids know that she wasnt going to hear excuses about no homework or misbehaving. I think in second grade, thats just what they need to start taking control of themselves. I am very thankful for her!

Posted May 26, 2009
My son came to this school 4 years ago with an open heart and mind.He has over the past 4 years been bullied and taunted and himself learned to bully . He will not be returning next year as his spirit has been broken by all the bullying, by other students and his teacher as well. I understand that by making these statements i am putting a negative light on this school. Maybe this is a good thing, maybe the good people at this school (and there are many, including the principal) will get together and find a way to make things better.

Posted March 10, 2009
Mrs. Buresh is an awesome teacher! She cares for her kids and they enjoy her. I don't know too much about the other teachers, but from what I have seen first hand, I am not looking forward to my child going there next year! The kids have no respect and as I know that has to do with the parents, but it wears on the teachers and that shows.

Posted April 20, 2008
With the exception of Mrs. Anding, all of the teachers seem to be using this as a temporary job and really don't care about the success of the children. Mrs. Anding really seems to care if her class succeeds. Test scores have gone down year after year, and I had kids in that school for a lot of years. The kids spend August to March learniong how to take ISATS instead of learning what they need to knw and letting ISATS show that.

Posted February 17, 2008
I love this school. The teachers are great. They are eager to help kids learn.

Posted January 08, 2008
Great Teachers who care about the students. If you participate in your child education, the teachers go the extra yard for you.

Posted January 22, 2005
This school is the best there is in Bolingbrook! I went here 20 years ago and my child went here until we moved. The staff here is awesome! The principal is the very best! They truly care about your child's education! The special ed department puts in ALOT of work for each individual child!Thanks to Woodview my son caught up the two years he was behind. Thanks so much-Michele Morga.(Joseph Korner's Mom 2nd grade 2003)

Wood View Elementary School
197 Winston Drive, Bolingbrook, IL  60440
Last modified Wood View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wood View Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top