Posted April 17, 2014
my grandson Jason Zeiger has been going there for 3 years and he loves that school. He has made a bunch of friends ever sense they moved here from oak lawn

Ridge Central Elementary School 4

Posted November 12, 2012
My son has been going here for 2 years and its been great. The school offers lots of help when it comes to kids who are a little behind on their academic levels like my son was. All the teacher are very helpful and caring and we worked as a team (parent and teachers) to find the way to help my son to get confidence. My son loves his school and loves learning now even more.

Ridge Central Elementary School 2

Posted August 29, 2012
So far, I'm regretting moving and transfering my child to this school. If the districts weren't so messed up, my son would be attending his previous school just blocks away, Sward School in Oak Lawn. This place did not send me a letter informing me about the registration date like they claimed they would when I filled out the transfer documents months prior to registration. Apparantly, you have to order lunch one or two weeks prior to the lunch week, or you will be required to send your child with a lunch because THEY WILL NOT give one to them. Well since I was late on registration, the order was never submitted on their date, my son forgot his juice one day and they didn't even give him something to drink. Who in the world tells a first grader you have to buy one? What happened to having a lunch account and putting it on there like any other school? Two weeks after school began, I called to inquire about the Free or Reduced lunch application that was filled out as well. Their response: We are still reviewing them, there's only one person reviewing all application..... Are you kidding me?

Posted July 07, 2012
Ridge Central Elementary is a wonderful school. Every child's needs are met as they strive to provide quality education. The teachers are passionate as well as innovative. The school is very willing to do what ever is necessary to make every child a success. I would highly recommend Ridge Central to any parent!

Posted December 21, 2008
all my kids have been to ridge central they have a better criculum then ridge lawn.

Ridge Central Elementary School 1

Posted February 09, 2008

Ridge Central Elementary School 0

Posted June 01, 2007
Ridge Centrals the best school for the kids,They really get invovle with the kids.I have 2 kids that go there,both of them are in speech,I have notice in a change in my son speech in which has improve 5x better,my daughter still has alittle trouble ,but they help alot with her.

Posted December 14, 2005
One of my three children just moved here from a private school. Within the next few months they will all come here. This school is way ahead of the private sector. I was in the dark for many years, but I am glad I have seen the light. My son was one or more months behind in several subjects. He is now doing great, and he likes the way he is treated here better by students and faculty alike.

Ridge Central Elementary School 4

Posted September 23, 2005
I feel that my son is getting a quality education at Ridge Central. They have music, art and all the core educational programs available. He has attended Ridge Central since 1st grade (he is now in 3rd grade) and I feel that the teachers he has been involved with have genuinely cared about the students. There are opportunities for parents to become involved in activities to support the school (e.g. PTA). I do not know when sports through this school start as he has been involved in sports through the park district-I will involve my son in sports through the school once they become available. My son and I are very pleased with his education and experiences with Ridge Central.

Posted January 22, 2004

Ridge Central Elementary School
10800 Lyman Avenue, Chicago Ridge, IL  60415
(708) 636-2001
Last modified Ridge Central Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridge Central Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top