Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I had an appointment schedule to register my child. I had called earlier to confirm that what I had would be no issue to register and was told by the front office that was ok. At the time of registration gave the papers and was told they would not take it. It was an inconvenience for me since I had called earlier and was told otherwise. I did go to the front office as they told me to, and the lady I was speaking to, which by the way was the same one I spoke to earlier that day told me what I has to bring in. After her telling me that I told her I had spoken to her earlier and she was the one whom gave me the wrong info. She started raising her voice and stated no. If a school is giving wrong information to the parents to register their children there what else can we expect? Inconvenience, misleading and a rude staff.

my grandson Jason Zeiger has been going there for 3 years and he loves that school. He has made a bunch of friends ever sense they moved here from oak lawn

My son has been going here for 2 years and its been great. The school offers lots of help when it comes to kids who are a little behind on their academic levels like my son was. All the teacher are very helpful and caring and we worked as a team (parent and teachers) to find the way to help my son to get confidence. My son loves his school and loves learning now even more.

So far, I'm regretting moving and transfering my child to this school. If the districts weren't so messed up, my son would be attending his previous school just blocks away, Sward School in Oak Lawn. This place did not send me a letter informing me about the registration date like they claimed they would when I filled out the transfer documents months prior to registration. Apparantly, you have to order lunch one or two weeks prior to the lunch week, or you will be required to send your child with a lunch because THEY WILL NOT give one to them. Well since I was late on registration, the order was never submitted on their date, my son forgot his juice one day and they didn't even give him something to drink. Who in the world tells a first grader you have to buy one? What happened to having a lunch account and putting it on there like any other school? Two weeks after school began, I called to inquire about the Free or Reduced lunch application that was filled out as well. Their response: We are still reviewing them, there's only one person reviewing all application..... Are you kidding me?

Ridge Central Elementary is a wonderful school. Every child's needs are met as they strive to provide quality education. The teachers are passionate as well as innovative. The school is very willing to do what ever is necessary to make every child a success. I would highly recommend Ridge Central to any parent!

all my kids have been to ridge central they have a better criculum then ridge lawn.

Ridge Centrals the best school for the kids,They really get invovle with the kids.I have 2 kids that go there,both of them are in speech,I have notice in a change in my son speech in which has improve 5x better,my daughter still has alittle trouble ,but they help alot with her.

Last modified Ridge Central Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.