Posted May 23, 2014
My daughter is a sophomore at GWCP and we are extremely happy with the school. The teachers and administrators really give their all to help each child achieve academic success. Teachers are available after school and my child feels welcome to see them anytime she wants extra help. They also have a really neat medical program that is often invited to Northwestern Memorial for interesting field trips. While it is not in the greatest neighborhood my daughter feels comfortable walking to the Chicago bus with a friend and we have never had any problems. My daughter is white, which does make her a minority at this school. She has a very large diverse group of friends and participates in sports and extra-curricular activities. We have found the student body to be motivated academically, kind, friendly, helpfull and respectfull.

Posted May 07, 2014
My child is a sophomore at GWCP. This school was not her first choice when she was applying for Selective Enrollment schools. It is far from our house and in a not-so-great neighborhood. BUT it has turned out to be a fantastic opportunity for her. The teachers have really taken the time to get to know her, to push her and move her into higher level classes when appropriate. She has excelled academically at GWCP. While that is great, the school is still new and working on developing strong parent involvement and extra curricular activities. These things take time and they are on the right track. I highly recommend Westinghouse College Prep.

Westinghouse High School 4

Posted May 01, 2014
I knew nothing about this school to begin with, except that it was in a bad neighborhood. I can now say it is a very good academic school. I also very happy with the students there, I pick my child everyday and I noticed all the students are very respectful. I highly recommend this school for others.

Posted April 30, 2014
My experience with GWCP has been awesome. This is a great school in the heart of the westside of Chicago. My son has attended all 4 years and is about to graduate. The principal, teachers and staff care about the students tremendously.

Posted April 30, 2014
Great School & Teachers!!!! Good CLEAN state of the art school. If you're looking for a academic excellence, you're found the school. I'm proud to say my son attends GWCP. The teachers are second to none. They really care about the students and push them to achieve higher goals. The principal is awesome, she loves to interact with the parents and students. I have no complaints.

Posted April 30, 2014
I have two daughters attending George Westinghouse College Prep H.S. It is well endowed with technology, academic programs, and the atmosphere conducive for learning!! The Principal is proactive, innovative, involved, and personable. She inspire and motivate her students. She implemented programs to prevent failure. This school has Freshman FX for homework help or clarification of new lessons. Teachers are available daily after school for every subject. Sophomores - Seniors can arrange a time to meet with their instructors if additional help is needed in any subject. Teachers are reliable. This school offers the academic curriculum that will allow your teen to compete nationally, and it offers a community of support. The Principal works to provide resources to the parents, as well. The parent committee meetings ensure parents receive information needed to help their teen succeed. The meetings address college planning; frequently asked questions about financial aide and scholarships; plan events to inspire and motivate students for success; and plan events to boost student morale. I love this school! This school has all the resources needed for the success of its students!

Posted April 29, 2014
Brand new facility with state of the art everything. Amazing, talented, highly professional teachers. Top notch administration. Plenty of challenging courses. The school is focus on College Prep so their is a robust offering of Honors and AP classes.

Posted April 29, 2014
WCP is an excellent high school. As a parent of a sophomore I have been pleased with the overall quality of the institution. WCP offers the best of everything for its students. They are very understanding, organized and aware of every students needs. The teachers there are very supportive when a student is falling off track. They will help the student in every way possible to get him/her back on track. Through my experience the teachers will communicate with the parent and will set a plan on helping the student achieve in every aspect to receive passing grade in the class. The staff and counselors are very well educated individuals and will also help the parents with any question or doubts that they may have. Submitted by a parent

Posted April 29, 2014
Great school with great teachers. The acedemic program is great with multiple honors and AP course offerings. The sports programs are also great with a vast array of athelitic programs.

Posted April 29, 2014
When my daughter was looking into the Selective enrollment schools in Chicago, Westinghouse was #1 on her list. I cannot be more happy with the school. As a freshman she was enrolled in all honors classes as well as an ap course. She is now a sophomore and is taking all honors and 2 AP classes. She already planned her classes for next year which will put her in a few more AP classes and the rest honors. The school definately challenges my daughter and she loves it (although she may not like the 2-3 hours of homework a night) I think students and parents looking into the school worry about the neighborhood in which it is located, but my daughter takes public transportation and has never had a problem. If you want your child to succeed and be all they can be, Westinghouse is definately will that will happen!

Westinghouse High School
3223 West Franklin Boulevard, Chicago, IL  60624
Last modified Westinghouse High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-11. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westinghouse High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top