Posted July 08, 2014
FFAC was everything my wife and I could have asked for in an early childhood education. Both of my sons (rising Freshman and Junior) received a quality education that allowed them to attend one of the best selective enrollment high schools in the State (Go Dolphins!) I liked that the arts were an integral part of the curriculum and not just a passing thought. My sons acted, danced and were participants in many school productions, The productions were 1st rate and some students not only worked on stage but they worked lights and cameras. The confidence garnered through participation in the arts is unmeasurable. My eldest son has taken all honors classes in h.s. and received straight A's. The recent FFAC grad will also be taking all honors classes and has placed out of algebra and can take geometry in his 1st year. The math program is very strong at Franklin especially if your child is able to place in and take the advanced math. The parent participation is unrivaled and a key to the school's success. FFAC prepared my boys well and gave them the tools needed to succeed at the next level and I am definitely a fan of the school.

Posted October 29, 2013
We are relatively new to Franklin and my child absolutely LOVES everything about it (after transferring in from another magnet school with a long waiting list). The references to the "high percentage of special education students" carries an air of aristocracy that is a little disturbing (... and no, my child is not a special education student). Although I'm not well-informed regarding the food menu (we brown bag it), I've been nothing but impressed with the principal and her staff. There's one thing I know for sure; I would cross hell and high water to get my child out of a school that I would rate one-star. Besides the fact that it would drive me nuts to have my child go there day after day, I'd consider the fact that there's a long line of kids waiting for that spot and parents that would love the chance to place their child at Franklin.

Franklin Elementary Fine Arts Center 1

Posted October 28, 2013
This school is undergoing major transition. There are some long term teachers, but the others are lower quality and it's a revolving door in term of who will be teaching which grade from year to year. Many student discipline problems and and misbehavior go unaddressed. The school culture is not the best. Large population of Special Ed students. Do not let your kids eat the food here. Principal closed Right at Home after school program without parents input, then hastily replaced it with a lesser known program. In my option on she is not up for the task. A plus for the performing arts teachers.

Posted October 24, 2013
Great School! One of the Best CPS Magnets. Kids are doing great on academics and they are very happy. That's what I care about.

Franklin Elementary Fine Arts Center 3

Posted October 03, 2013
in my view from the school being there for a while the school needs better leadership via new principal & can use some teachers that care about all the kids not just some same goes for the principal

Posted September 21, 2013
My daughter just started this year and is a 6th grader. She loves the school, all of the arts options and the staff. Everyone is so supportive and serious about the education of these children. My heart fills with joy that we have a found a school with a rigorous curriculum and ample opportunities for creative expression and critical thought. The principals are both AMAZING and really make this place special. They see parents as partners, not pests.

Posted September 20, 2013
The principal has resolved the problem for the after school program in a very fast turnaround. I understand both sides. It's frustrated that parents did not know what's going on. The principal's primary concern is the safety of the children. She didn't feel that the vendor can give that so she gotta do what she's gotta do. Anyways, I'm glad it's over. We do have an after school program at Franklin now.

Posted September 05, 2013
I love Franklin. The school is small enough that the principal knows every kid, and I know a lot of them too. When you walk in the building, you can hear music and the chatter of happy kids and see gorgeous art hanging everywhere. My kids are challenged and also have a chance to shine because there is something for everyone. The school is very diverse, both racially and economically and that is important to me. I count my lucky stars that my kids got into this school.

Posted August 09, 2013
If you are so unhappy with the school leave and give that valuable seat to someone positive.

Posted June 08, 2013
I respect everyone's opinion about this school. Everyone deserves the right to say what they want. However, if some parent intend to slander FFAC on the internet because the school didn't do what they want, that is wrong. Perhaps this parent can express his or her feeling about the school at the LSC or at FOF. I really like to hear the truth in person rather than over the internet. This is a small school with a great and close community. I'm new to Franklin community. My child just graduated from kindergarten. We've had very good experiences with the teachers, staff, and the principal. The parent involvement is awesome here which I think it makes a huge difference in terms of the school quality. I don't see that many not-so-nice kids. Many kids are very well-behaved. I observed that in the school playground when I dropped off my child at school every morning. All the kids seem very happy. I don't know any special need kids there but apparently the school must have done something right for them b/c the kids did pretty well on the ISAT every year. FFAC has a lot of potentials. Yesterday was my child's K graduation and it was the best graduation I've ever seen in my life.

Franklin Elementary Fine Arts Center
225 West Evergreen Avenue, Chicago, IL  60610
Last modified Franklin Elementary Fine Arts Center is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin Elementary Fine Arts Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews.