Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted September 24, 2015
Like I said previously my niece did well there but is no where near where I was when I graduated from there.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted September 24, 2015
Look at my review its just way too much, more homework does not make a child smarter better teaching methods better teachers make smarter children. Not teach to test.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted September 24, 2015
Based on what I have said before I know it's not only the schools responsibility it's also the parents but when the staff has just as much of an attitude as the some of the kids who wouldn't be rude and disrespectful back.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted September 24, 2015
No, again based on what I've seen no. My niece had a bully for years they never did anything about it except tell the bully to stop bulling her. I see no programs for them to speak to the children to see if they may be having problems at home that's why they act out in school. Help these kids don't punish them that just makes things worse.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted September 24, 2015
Based on how the kids act after school. The way they talk, swear and act it's not something that seems to be a major concern for this school.

Posted May 18, 2015
WOW!!! This is an amazing neighborhood school! My daughter has attended this schools for over two years now and I cannot rave enough about it. The faculty here provide quality education in wonderful classroom settings. My daughter went from being below grade level average to exceeding it in one years time. If your child is fortunate enough to live in the area assigned for this school, thank your stars!

Healy Elementary School 1

Posted February 22, 2015
This school is mean! They give too much homework to 6 through 8 grade students and never have time to enjoy themselves. They have to wear a uniform and 1. are not comfortable in, 2. ugly. These kids would like to have more freedom at home im sure and they always stay home and do homework.. what is the point of a weekend when they are still doing homework the whole time. The school toilets are always flooding and they always give an attitude. The kids need NO UNIFORMS, LESS HOMEWORK,AND RESPECT! Because if you want respect then you better give them respect too! Thank you! Horrible school!

Posted December 17, 2014
I think Healy is a great school because they have teached me a lot of things and they also have fun events like student of the month, they also have performances like the lion dance and more.

Posted May 07, 2013
a super duper school!nothing said!great state of the art building!i just loved healy and this kids were something special too!

Posted December 11, 2012
I truly believe this school is amazing and did a lot into preparing me for high school. I've just graduated this year and I'm currently attending Walter Payton College Prep one of the city's top performing high schools along with eight other students that graduated alongside me. I've attended Healy since kindergarten. The teachers and staff are very supportive and devoted in bringing the best out of each student. I graduated out of the gifted program but I've not been in the program since first grade. I was given the chance to join the gifted program in 6th grade and I am very glad I had. Though it was challenging at first, my standardized test scores saw an improvement. The gifted program at Healy is wonderful; coming out from the eighth grade gifted class from room 214 many of the material taught by the current teacher is almost no different from the high school level I am being thought now, therefore I was not surprised or overloaded with work I was not familiar with or did not know how to handle when I entered my high school classes. If your child is able to enter the gifted program at Healy, I highly recommend it!

3010 South Parnell Avenue, Chicago, IL  60616
Last modified Healy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.