Chicago, IL
Students enrolled: 1,420
After care: No

Posted December 17, 2014
I think Healy is a great school because they have teached me a lot of things and they also have fun events like student of the month, they also have performances like the lion dance and more.

Healy Elementary School 1

Posted April 24, 2014
The traffic staff is pretty bad, very inefficient. They blocked both ways on Parnell and 30th street around 7:30am and not allow traffic in and out. They don't care about you even you are waiting at the interception on way out. If you took the wood blocker out yourself and they would ask you to put it back even there is other car waiting on way out.

Posted May 07, 2013
a super duper school!nothing said!great state of the art building!i just loved healy and this kids were something special too!

Posted December 11, 2012
I truly believe this school is amazing and did a lot into preparing me for high school. I've just graduated this year and I'm currently attending Walter Payton College Prep one of the city's top performing high schools along with eight other students that graduated alongside me. I've attended Healy since kindergarten. The teachers and staff are very supportive and devoted in bringing the best out of each student. I graduated out of the gifted program but I've not been in the program since first grade. I was given the chance to join the gifted program in 6th grade and I am very glad I had. Though it was challenging at first, my standardized test scores saw an improvement. The gifted program at Healy is wonderful; coming out from the eighth grade gifted class from room 214 many of the material taught by the current teacher is almost no different from the high school level I am being thought now, therefore I was not surprised or overloaded with work I was not familiar with or did not know how to handle when I entered my high school classes. If your child is able to enter the gifted program at Healy, I highly recommend it!

Posted November 07, 2011
Personally I think this school is great. Im currently still there in the Gifted Program. The regular class is not easy for some people and if you join the gifted program later in the year, it okay just ask some of my friends in room 214. Plus the teachers will not be mean to you unless you get on their nerve and will try to help you if they notice your grades falling or if you ask for help.

Healy Elementary School 4

Posted June 04, 2011
it's k. 2 many azn lol XD the principal is a giraffe XD lol lol green lunch room

Posted March 20, 2011
A mostly dedicated staff who are willing to do whatever it takes to help students at all academic levels. A very involved new principal, a focus on expanding the learning environment, a dedication to both the amazing gifted program and the academically rigorous regular ed program all make Healy a standout among neighborhood schools. You'd never realize that in a school this size (over 1300--I think) that the education my two children receive could be so individual and specific. Additionally, the ethnically diverse population is perfect--my kids are exposed to numerous cultures on a daily basis--Highly recommended.

Posted September 25, 2010
Most of the teachers are dedicated to the teaching. A little of them are not. From last semester, the new principal is very active and I feel my 5th and 7th grader is more supported by the new teacher and new curriculum.

Healy Elementary School 2

Posted August 09, 2010
I went to Healy for a little over a year, and graduated there. Honestly, it's pretty bad Regular classes were way to easy, and my personal advice, don't ever even think about going into gifted unless you started from the beginning. The people were so mean, even the teachers. They won't accept you. During my one and only year in gifted, I don't remember how much I cried in a corner alone. I was new to the city, and furthermore the school. It was horrible. In the end, I've gotten into a really good High school, but I wouldn't say Healy did anything at all to help me. If I've stayed there longer, my life would probably be ruined.

Posted April 26, 2010
The Healy staff and parents have committed themselfs in all levels to better the education and well being of our children. I personally have witnessed and involved myself in this task. I truly recommend Robert Healy Elementary School. Thank you.

Healy Elementary School
3010 South Parnell Avenue, Chicago, IL  60616
Last modified Healy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Healy Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top