Harlan Community Academy High School 4

Posted April 11, 2014
Being a recent alumni of Harlan, I must say that it isn't as bad of a school as it's reputation gives it. It has definitely gotten better from when I entered in 2007 to now. There are caring teachers & faculty who try their best to push students to learn the necessary tools to continue into their college careers, but students rent very acceptive to it. The post secondary department were adamant in getting students into college by making it a requirement to apply to 5 colleges of the students choice. The AP/Honors classes does an excellent job at preparing students for college level work. I was doing work that I am doing now in college back in high school. I am very thankful of what I've gained during my 4 years at Harlan. It has developed me into who I am today and prepared me for my current college matriculation.

Harlan Community Academy High School 3

Posted April 10, 2013
I've read most bad reviews versus good ones....my son applied to harlan for the fall because they offer web and game design. It's not our neighborhood school, but I do want my son to learn something that he's interested in, while in HighSchool...do you recommend this school?

Harlan Community Academy High School 5

Posted March 23, 2012
Harlan's rep. Is bad but in reality it's really good school. They have caring teachers, and great programs such as the engineering program and academic center,

Harlan Community Academy High School 2

Posted November 23, 2011
Even though the school has a reputation for being violent, its probably because the school is poorly funded. I talked to a senior today and asked where there going for there senior trip, I was told there going to an arcade place. Also while i was there I asked how does it feel to be a senior, an I was told that it feels no different from all the other grade levels.

Harlan Community Academy High School 3

Posted October 25, 2011
This sound like a great school I would to get more information on it.Thank you

Harlan Community Academy High School 1

Posted February 03, 2010

Harlan Community Academy High School 1

Posted October 28, 2009

Harlan Community Academy High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Harlan has educated some of the best and brightest in the Chicagoland area. It is probably the only school in the city, perhaps in the country that can claim 8 Circuit Court judges, a host of teachers and principals, musicians, physicians, clergy, etc.

Harlan Community Academy High School 4

Posted July 17, 2009
Initially, my husband and I were apprehensive about our children attending Harlan. I had heard so many bad things about the school; basically the administration was not about academics, only sports, low test scores, etc. However, our youngest daughter got accepted to the Academic Center & subsequently joined one of the sports teams. At the end of the year, Harlan put together a beautiful athletic banquet. I was impressed with the program, the students were tastefully dressed and orderly, but what really sold me was listening to the GPAs of these students - 3.5s and above! I was blown away! Here these students were playing a sport and maintaining these GPAs! The new principal, Reginald Evans, has made many changes at Harlan to further academic excellence, such as the new Engineering Program beginning this Fall for selected Freshmen. Look for Harlan to soon be one of the top highs in Chicago.

Harlan Community Academy High School 0

Posted June 13, 2009
My son went to this school. He was suppose to graduate class of 09. He went and talked to his teachers, mother contacted schooled and making sure he was going to be ok for this special day and they called him 2 days befog to tell him that he was not. I went and talked to his teacher and he was cold and displayed and very none caring. He took no responsibility of being a teacher and shifted blame from 1 department to the other. I was shocked of the answers that he gave and and the lace of comment he showed.

Harlan Community Academy High School
9652 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL  60628
Last modified Harlan Community Academy High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12
Harlan Community Academy High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top