Bad
Good

My children attend Hibbard Elementary School and I am very pleased with the diversity and programs they are offered. There is an amazing orchestra, dance group, choir, sports teams and many other academic programs. Their teachers are clearly dedicated and truly care about pushing them forward. They have always been open to and encourage communication. I very pleased with our experience at Hibbard thus far.

Well, it's the beginning of my final year at Hibbard school, yet it seems surprising that people have bad reviews about this school, because I went here since I has about 3. I had very nice teachers, a nice class, and nothing bad really happening, but this probably differs from the others because I was always in the Gifted Program the school has. The only thing I disagree on is obviously the lunch, however. It's bad tasting (or at least the pizza is).

After first having my child in a private school for several years, but after struggling to afford tuition, we opted for public school. After coming in way down the wait list at our preferred public schools, we enrolled in our neighborhood school. We told ourselves that it would be a wonderful place, rich with diversity. Unfortunately, our experience at Hibbard has been less than wonderful. My child's primary grade classroom contains 27 students, and the teacher does not seem to be able to meet kids where they are, academically speaking. More advanced readers are being held back for other students to catch up to them. Good classroom behavior is being reinforced with CANDY (!!!!!!). I have had a great deal of trouble setting up a conference with the teacher, as she is NEVER available outside of school hours, yet does not have time away from the classroom to meet with me during the school day either. The principal champions his supplemental reading program intended to promote English literacy and boost test scores, but I struggle to see how it is effective if the majority of (at least the youngest) students' parents are not speaking (or reading) English at home.

This school is the best, amazing, incredible, outstanding, superb, and great. I love going here.

Last modified Hibbard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.