Chicago, IL
Students enrolled: 1,232

Hibbard Elementary School 4

Posted November 08, 2013
Well, it's the beginning of my final year at Hibbard school, yet it seems surprising that people have bad reviews about this school, because I went here since I has about 3. I had very nice teachers, a nice class, and nothing bad really happening, but this probably differs from the others because I was always in the Gifted Program the school has. The only thing I disagree on is obviously the lunch, however. It's bad tasting (or at least the pizza is).

Hibbard Elementary School 1

Posted January 25, 2013
After first having my child in a private school for several years, but after struggling to afford tuition, we opted for public school. After coming in way down the wait list at our preferred public schools, we enrolled in our neighborhood school. We told ourselves that it would be a wonderful place, rich with diversity. Unfortunately, our experience at Hibbard has been less than wonderful. My child's primary grade classroom contains 27 students, and the teacher does not seem to be able to meet kids where they are, academically speaking. More advanced readers are being held back for other students to catch up to them. Good classroom behavior is being reinforced with CANDY (!!!!!!). I have had a great deal of trouble setting up a conference with the teacher, as she is NEVER available outside of school hours, yet does not have time away from the classroom to meet with me during the school day either. The principal champions his supplemental reading program intended to promote English literacy and boost test scores, but I struggle to see how it is effective if the majority of (at least the youngest) students' parents are not speaking (or reading) English at home.

Posted August 02, 2012
This school is the best, amazing, incredible, outstanding, superb, and great. I love going here.

Posted May 27, 2009

Hibbard Elementary School 4

Posted February 29, 2008

Hibbard Elementary School 1

Posted September 19, 2005
- a former student

Posted August 19, 2005
- a former student
Very High standards. Almost all the students passed the year. Really great art, gym, and After School program. Great Oppurtunities for parent involvment

Hibbard Elementary School
3244 West Ainslie Street, Chicago, IL  60625
Last modified Hibbard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hibbard Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top