Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My daughter used to be an honor roll student. We transferred to this school and her grades fell drastically to D's. Her teacher was too old to keep up with the new times. Her teacher had even given my daughter as well as other students candy and or gum without permission. When I questioned her, she explained that it was "to keep them focused". I wanted to freak out but instead I just told her NOT to give my daughter candy because we don't eat that stuff. There was hardly any homework given so I could see how and what my daughter had been learning, yet she always had her backpack full of workbooks. Apparently, they were for study and not for homework. I asked her teacher and she sure enough said "to look over for testing". My daughter complained that it was nothing but testing at this school and I felt her pain. There are too many foreigners and not enough bilingual teachers to support them. Her teacher practically forced her to help "set an example" and tutor her classmates who didn't really understand English. Security is lax in the school yard, the main entrance to it is where the dumpsters are, there is a huge puddle of water in the playground every time it rains and the other entrance to the school yard is partially an alley. The office opens at 910am and you can't go in prior to that time because security prevents you from entering. Office administration is fabulous though. I'll give them that. Best people. Maintenance is non-existent or something because the water fountains and restrooms are always dirty regardless of mention and later complaints. I had to buy my daughter a water bottle with a filter. They did offer some after school programs so I had signed her up, but I never received a flyer or even a progress report of my daughter's projects or behavior. Ultimately, I would not recommend this school because I feel like my daughter played more than learned anything. We are not going to return for the fall.

i travel to all cps schools for my position with safety and security, and Kilmer has improved tremendously over the last three years of me visiting the school. the administration is a joy to work with and the teachers are all friendly but firm. i am shocked by the rating of only 2 out of 10, because i have been all over the city and this school should be rated so much higher than that now.

This school has gone through MANY changes, some great others not so great. I've seen them grow little by little. The new leadership is awesome. They are really getting involved in the school and community. The kids seem excited to find out what will happen next.

Kilmer is doing really great things. The staff works very hard and is deeply involved in the community. They have new administration and are collaborating with the new administration at Sullivan High School to be the premiere neighborhood schools in Rogers Park. I believe in what they are doing and support them fully. As the flyer says, "Kilmer is Growing". I recommend going to see what is going on at Kilmer. You'll be impressed.

School should have been CLOSED for under performance. The kids of this school will suffer cause of the lack of quality teaching. There rank is almost the WORST 2 out of 10 says it all. CLOSE KILMER or TURN IT AROUND.

Is a terrible school I had a bad experience with two teachers.First with Mrs SALAS she thinks parents are ignorants that we don't have education.Once she try to raise the voice at me in front of parents and I scream at her.back.Onother terrible teacher is Mr.JIBAJA my son was in class.some kids in the classroom where bullying my son.So I went and talk to the teacher about it I was so surprise what he told me.He said my son was old enough to handle it and that he noticed those kids where bothering but he couldn't to nothing about it.My son was 7 Years old.I think my son was bullying by the teacher too.Not a safe school.Thank god my kids are no longer in that terrible school!!!.

Mr. L , I just wanted to thank you for being such a great teacher to my daughter trinity. She has advanced so much because of you. I wish every child could have a teacher like you! YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO! THANK YOU ! YOU WONT BE FORGOTTEN! Have a great summer you deserve it.

Called school three times within 15 minutes with only a recording to speak with!!! POOR, POOR, service... what if this was an emergency??? Try understanding from my point of view!

Excellent school my two kids are there .Love all staff and Rules as well.My kids are in 4rth and Ist grade ms Loza is so nice and hard worker teacher Ms Witte is also so nice and having great method of teaching.

This is a terrible school that is grooming their horrible students to attend and even more dismal Sullivan HS. I can't believe the lack of pretty much everything at this school. No art classes, no extracurricular activities. My child refers to it as Kilmer Fight Club since violence among the students is so prevalent. I would have never moved into this neighborhood if I would have known how awful this school is.

Last modified Kilmer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.